Some Games and Apps Cause No Signal Issue

Discus and support Some Games and Apps Cause No Signal Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had a five year old Samsung TV, my Xbox One worked just fine. All of the apps worked, I had no issue playing any games. When that TV broke, I bought... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NastacioTafoya, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Some Games and Apps Cause No Signal Issue

I had a five year old Samsung TV, my Xbox One worked just fine. All of the apps worked, I had no issue playing any games. When that TV broke, I bought a new one less than a month ago, and I cannot get certain games and apps to work. When I try to enter certain apps or games, my TV says there is no signal coming from the Xbox, to check cables, and make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into the correct port, Check Device Power, etc... Disney Plus causes the issue, No Mans Sky causes the issue, Forza 4 on disk causes the issue (but not downloaded Forza 5?), Netflix causes the issue, and several other games. The Xbox is working fine because the controller is still able to control the Xbox, and when I back out of what ever app I am in, the TV gets a signal again.

The only difference that I can find between the new TV and the old one, is that the new TV has an Xbox app installed on it. It has the ability to turn on/off the Xbox, and I can use the TV remote to control the Xbox. I'm not thinking it is a firmware issue because my Xbox says there are no updates available. It should have the most up to date firmware and software. The TV also has no updates. Does any one have any ideas? I'd hate to think that Samsung is picking and choosing which games and apps I am allowed to use on a completely separate device.

:)

NastacioTafoya, Jul 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today buddy

So, now that you changed the HDMI cable, everything's working as usual?

Share extra feedback if necessary, greetings from another Microsoft user!
  3. NastacioTafoya Win User

I found the issue. It was a bad HDMI Cable.
  4. Thundercleetz Win User

Xbox One no longer turns off my audio receiver after Feb. 2014 update

Mia, this is a different issue than the tv not powering on. This is some sort of software issue that is causing the Kinect not to send a power IR signal to Samsung soundbars specifically. Recalibration will not work because Kinect is simply not sending a
    signal to these Samsung soundbars.
  5. James Ferretti Win User

Xbox one Digital tuner - poor signal

I am experiencing the exact same issues, my TV picks up the signals fine, but my Xbox is stuttering as described. Some channels are worse than others. I'm going to get a signal booster to see if it makes a difference.

I'm not yet convinced if this is the signal or the decoder in the Xbox/adapter causing the issues.

Keep updated with how you guys deal with the issue.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

My Xbox keeps signing me out I need an actual fix for this

Passive interference of WiFi signals can interfere with any device, some more than others. Microsoft/Xbox recommend a wired connection for optimal service. It is also a suggestion to rule out any other issues that could be causing this to happen. If it
    stays connected, then we know it is signal strength that maybe the issue.
Thema:

1. Some Games and Apps Cause No Signal Issue - Similar Threads - Games Apps Cause

2. Cannot use Xbox app. opening any game causes blue screen of death

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot use Xbox app. opening any game causes blue screen of death: i've seen this has been asked many times and ive tried many fixes. what does work is turning off my antivirus...then i can play games from the app....this is ridiculous and i do not want to turn...
  3. Downloading games from Xbox app on PC causes BSOD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading games from Xbox app on PC causes BSOD: First it worked fine, but then i wanted to relocate the game to another disk and that's when bsod starts happening. I tried to download game on previous disk but its didn't help. I read that...
  4. Xbox App causing BSOD(GSOD) on PC when installing/updating games.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App causing BSOD(GSOD) on PC when installing/updating games.: Hey all, I have been having an issue where Windows will BSOD if I try to install or update a game using the Xbox App (Windows 11). I have made numerous posts in a Microsoft Support thread. Most of...
  5. Windows 11 - Xbox App - Xbox Game Pass - Just Caus 4 : Reloaded - Download stuck at 100%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 - Xbox App - Xbox Game Pass - Just Caus 4 : Reloaded - Download stuck at 100%: Hello, I've never had any issue before when using the Xbox App but now my download of Just Cause 4 is over and I can't play it because it gives me an error message. I've tried lots of things and...
  6. Games of the Xbox app cause a crash loop of explorer.exe on Windows startup

in XBoX on Windows
    Games of the Xbox app cause a crash loop of explorer.exe on Windows startup: Hi ! This post is a duplice of this one which was written in French (I chose bad category):...
  7. Xbox (PC) app/MS Store - Advanced Install option causes recognised game updates to instead...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (PC) app/MS Store - Advanced Install option causes recognised game updates to instead...: Xbox: 2112.1001.10.0 Gaming Services: 3.60.2001.0 Xbox Game Bar: 5.721.12013.0 Windows 11: 22000.348 I recently (as soon as it launched) started using the 'Advanced Installation and Management...
  8. What would cause an update to Alpha skip ahead preview to not allow any apps or games to open?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What would cause an update to Alpha skip ahead preview to not allow any apps or games to open?: Hello I have just recently updated preview rings via the Xbox Insider Hub bundle to the alpha skip ahead preview. I updated from the Omega preview on a first generation Xbox, however, I received a...
  9. games and apps just cause 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games and apps just cause 3: Just cause 3 map is taking very long time to load and once loaded it is crashing. I've reset the entire xbox one console and reloaded my game from microsoft. The problem still persists. Any...
  10. Selecting "My Games and Apps" on XBOX One STILL causes screen to fade to black after a few...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Selecting "My Games and Apps" on XBOX One STILL causes screen to fade to black after a few...: Happens on all XBOX Ones I own, across multiple TVs. I see other people are still having this problem too. Started after the December Update. When is a fix coming?...