Some games won't install on Xbox One X

Discus and support Some games won't install on Xbox One X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I tried installing some of my old Xbox One games on my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. The install didn't even start nor did it give the usual popup saying... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mforcevirus, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Some games won't install on Xbox One X

I tried installing some of my old Xbox One games on my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. The install didn't even start nor did it give the usual popup saying that an update it needed.

So far I've tried it on Destiny and Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection. Both discs are in perfect condition and work fine on other consoles.

The console started an update when I put in the disc for Trials Rising, and it autoloaded Overwatch which was already installed. This tells me that the hardware is running fine.

I am on the Omega preview dashboard but it's not showing any signs of games crashing or freezing.

I have reset the console, power cycled, cleared the offline saves and persistent blu ray data etc.

It's all looking to be a software issue as the drive works and the console still loads games from disc that are already installed.

I called support and they want to charge me over £200 for a repair that isn't even hardware related and is quite possibly caused from one of their updates. Even the support rep said it sounds like the cause.

Has anyone had this issue or know of a workaround because it's driving me crazy?

submitted by /u/mforcevirus
    [link] [comments]

/u/mforcevirus, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Some games won't install on Xbox One X

1. Some games won't install on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - games won't install

2. Game Stellaris won't install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Stellaris won't install.: Hello, So my problem is when i try and install Stellaris from xbox store, it continuely tells me installation stopped and displays the Error code in the image when i open the file info. [img] I...
  3. Xbox Beta App / Gaming Services won't install 0x800700b7

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App / Gaming Services won't install 0x800700b7: I have the problem that i bought gears 5 and wanted to preload it. I tried to install it and with it the application gaming services was downloaded too. Both couldnt be installed because of the...
  4. Some games won't install on external hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some games won't install on external hard drive.: Hey there, Recently, I've been having some trouble installing some games on my external hard drive. It's a Seagate 8TB and it's being strictly used on my Xbox One X. The issue first occurred when...
  5. Xbox (beta) pc game pass app won't install.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (beta) pc game pass app won't install.: Hey, I was hoping for some help.. The installer just crashes every time I try to install the app - I click the tick to accept the terms, I then click install and nothing happens. I've tried with...
  6. "Installation Stopped" - Purchased game won't download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Installation Stopped" - Purchased game won't download: Good morning all, I'm having an issue that I can't seem to resolve. I purchased the Jack Party Pack 5 recently and the game absolutely will not download to my system. As soon as I attempt to...
  7. Xbox (Beta) PC games won't install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) PC games won't install: My windows is currently updated to latest version and as far as I am aware the app is also up to date. But Mutant Year Zero, Crosscode and Kingsway won't install, the button goes to prepare then...
  8. Game Won't Install + Different Game Won't Open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Won't Install + Different Game Won't Open: I recently bought a few games from a used game store. All of the games except one have installed without any issues. The game stopped installing at 50% or less and I can’t cancel or uninstall it...
  9. 1 of 6 BC games from Capcom compilation disc won't install on Xbox One

in XboX Insiders
    1 of 6 BC games from Capcom compilation disc won't install on Xbox One: Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix was added to the Xbox One BC list last month and is the 6th game from the Capcom Digital Collection Disc to now be supported via BC. However, the Xbox One...
  10. Xbox pass for windows/games won't install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox pass for windows/games won't install: I recently bought the xbox pass subscription for PC windows but I can't install games for some reason. I could the first few days but yesterday and today when I have tried, the games just say they...