Some random guy asked me to invite him to a party

Discus and support Some random guy asked me to invite him to a party in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So i was just playing forza and i get this message from a guy saying "yo", and i respond with "who is this?" and then he responds with "Inv" then "plz"... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by loganyoakum, May 21, 2022.

1. loganyoakum
    loganyoakum Guest

So i was just playing forza and i get this message from a guy saying "yo", and i respond with "who is this?" and then he responds with "Inv" then "plz" so i do because im very confused, he joins for half a second leaves then says "thanks g" and immediatly goes offline. and its not like those messaged where spaced out, they were instant like a robot. so im kinda scared and wondering if he stole any of my info, because he wont respond when i asked him why he left. should i be worried? or was it just some wierd kid.

(The guys name was "[mod removed]" for those who are wondering"

:)

loganyoakum, May 21, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Logan

In that way the person (or bot) can't stole any information from you. Due to only with gamertag is not possible to access any Microsoft account.

I can advice you for the next time ignore messages from people you don't know or want to interact
  3. UnHoly One Win User

Xbox one ? How about Xbox solo as its terrible !!!

Yeah there are a lot of issues with the Party and invite functionality that is borderline broken.

I was chatting in a party with a buddy yesterday who was playing Dead Rising 3, while I was playing Ryse, and having him in the party made it impossible for me to play Multiplayer at all.

It would just load up a game showing him in there with me, even though he doesn't have the game, but there was no way to just search for a game with a random. All it did was try to invite him.
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

Dredded attack of the Silver Accounts is back

It seems completely random, I signed into my account when I got home, watched some TV, then my friend invited me to a party chat. I replied to him I would be ten minutes as I was eating my dinner. Ten minutes later I tried to join his party and it said
    I had a silver account.

The weird part is that I sent him a text, and he responded saying he could no longer invite me to a party as the option on his screen was greyed out.

So in the space of ten minutes, something screwy has happened.
  5. darkhaven3 Win User

XBOX LIVE MODDERS/HACKERS THAT THREATEN

I remember one time when I was playing Halo 3 and some guy threatened to hack my account. I invited him to party chat and offered him free Live Gold for a year if he could give me proof he had played on my account from his Xbox within one month.

I never heard back from him.
  6. BizarroMantis Win User

No mics = Xbox Live dead to me

I host party chats because I'm a control freak. If my friends and I play with a random, after a few matches we will usually send a party invite. If he is a douche, I just boot him. I don't report, cry, whine, complain, etc. I boot him and I'm done with
    it and onto the next game with another random. Most randoms are fine though. I've only come across a few that were seriously irritating.
Thema:

1. Some random guy asked me to invite him to a party - Similar Threads - random guy asked

2. Wired xbox controller randomly disconnecting on Xbox Series S but not Xbox One S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired xbox controller randomly disconnecting on Xbox Series S but not Xbox One S.: So I have a wired turtle beach controller and it's pretty good. This controller randomly disconnects, while still fully plugged in, on my xbox series s. This is a problem, as I play some fps...
  3. GAME PASS WENT TO RANDOM ACCOUNT

in XBoX Accessibility
    GAME PASS WENT TO RANDOM ACCOUNT: i got gamepass paying with my card but i dident recognize the account name it gave it to and checking my xbox app i dont have gamepass but i was still charged and suspect the subscription will...
  4. Xbox Series S randomly shutting off mid-game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S randomly shutting off mid-game?: For whatever reason, my console has been shutting off, seemingly when it uses too much graphics power. I'm not sure if it's overheating or not, but I haven't gotten any warnings that the console...
  5. My series x randomly keeps disconnecting from wifi but everything else runs ok...what can i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x randomly keeps disconnecting from wifi but everything else runs ok...what can i do: My Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from the wifi but everything thing else...i used to be a playstation fan but fell in love with Xbox...what can i do so i dont resort to selling my xbox...
  6. 4 random numbers after my Gamer Tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    4 random numbers after my Gamer Tag: So I checked on the official Xbox system that I am the only one with the Gamertag ASGI202 and yet its added a #2163 after my gamer tag which makes no sense because as said I am the only one with...
  7. Xbox Series X|S Controller randomly freezes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S Controller randomly freezes: I have been having this problem since around June 1st. My Xbox Series X|S controller randomly freezes its inputs for 3 seconds then returns to normal. It can occur once every 5 minutes or once...
  8. "Join Game" randomly grays out while hosting an Ark server

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Join Game" randomly grays out while hosting an Ark server: Hello, I have been hosting dedicated Ark servers for a couple years now and for some reason my "join game" grays out randomly while people are playing the game and then people are kicked out. How...
  9. Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing...: My Xbox one will shut off randomly (light on the power brick will turn orange instead of the usual white) while I am playing Rockstar games (specifically GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2). It does...
  10. Random guy comes into my Private party and kicks me out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random guy comes into my Private party and kicks me out: So I made a Looking for group post on Xbox One and I got a group of 11 people in the Party, We where playing Forza and we were drifting and minding our own buisness. Suddenly a random person...