Some wierd things happening with gamepass for pc beta, error codes and missing installed games.

Discus and support Some wierd things happening with gamepass for pc beta, error codes and missing installed games. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I have been trying to get the gamepass to work for me for a few days now. I have the newest version of windows, everything is up to date (version... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rudiarius066, Jun 13, 2019 at 10:33 AM.

1. Rudiarius066
    Rudiarius066 Guest

Some wierd things happening with gamepass for pc beta, error codes and missing installed games.

So I have been trying to get the gamepass to work for me for a few days now. I have the newest version of windows, everything is up to date (version 1903) , I am the administrator for the pc (the only user) everything is good to go. I have done every fix
    that I could find online. Reinstalled the app numerous times also. I am able to get into the app no problem, it seems to work fine. The two games I wanted to download was Metro exodus and Void Bastards.

So this is where it gets a bit strange. Last night I was finally able to actually download void bastards and metro, success! I figured some kinks were worked out on Microsoft end or the computer gods looked down on me finally! I even played Void bastards
    for an hour or so before going to bed. Before I turned the computer off both Void bastards and Metro were downloaded. So on the 10th, in the afternoon I turned on the computer to check out metro (seeing how it was installed finally) and although it showed
    it on the left side of the app as being installed, (where it shows your installed games) all the files were gone! It showed 0 bytes under the options of the game through the app. I went to the install folder (which I was able to put on a different hard drive
    other than where windows is installed) and low and behold the folders were completely gone. Void bastards and Metro were just GONE. I did not do this. The last time I turned off my computer over 60 gigs of data was there and then around 12 hours later,
    without even turning the computer ON they were gone. I have never seen anything like that before. Remember I was able to play Void bastards the night before no problem for about an hour.

Fast forward to now (6/11/19) its 1am over here on the east coast of the US and im getting problems ONLY downloading non Microsoft owned games. Like Metro ect. I am able to download Forza fine, Sea of thieves works NP, but when I try to install a third
    party game it says I need administrator approval and when I click download it gives me the error code 0x80070005. First party Microsoft games do not say anything about needing administrator approval before install and install fine and seem to run OK. Now
    remember I was able to download those same third party games last night!

It just doesn't make much sense, especially how those two games were just gone when I turned on my computer today. I have a data cap (stupid xfinity) and that's a kick in the gut seeing how big of an install Metro is.

Sorry for the long post, I just in my 25 years of playing PC games I have never seen something like this before (as far as the disappearing game files) I know its a beta and being a big Early Access player on many games I understand there are some weird
    problems. I have looked everywhere for someone with a similar problem but no luck. Thought I would share my odd story just in case maybe someone else has run into something like this., or even better yet, a fix. Thank you!

Error code: 0x80070005

Error code: 0x80070005

:)

2. DETOXED Win User

I’m no help because I can’t get game pass to download the app at all and yes I’ve done all recommended steps.
  3. Shade-22 Win User

Your not alone. Ive been getting the error a lot and when I managed to talk to customer support they said it was likely on their end. It took 12+ hours to log in (random fluke it even worked) then constant errors in trying to download games off the app or
    the store itself. Updated and then restarted and had to force explorer to boot up multiple times because win 10 hates me. And now that its semi functioning the few games I want to play wont even download. Beta or not, as far as releases go this whole experience
    is turning me away from the game pass which is a shame. I was legitimately excited for this to be a thing that could potentially end epic.

Wolfenstein 2

Hollow Knight

Magnus Opus

Metro Exodus

These and a few more get the 0x80070005 error.
  4. Rudiarius066 Win User

Im just going to assume its beta issues and what not. I am going to just shelf it for now and come back in a few days, maybe a week and check back. My sanity and whats left of my hair, Im pretty sure will thank me later. But I hope everyone who is having
    issues good luck! I think when all the issues are ironed out it will be a great service for us PC gamers who want to use it! And pberry72, enjoy Metro!
  5. John William Moreno Win User

I undertand men, I'm in the same problem, the same error it does not matter what I do, I have restarting many times, trying to follow internet procedures, I have the lastest windows updates and nothing, i'm tired and frustrating, the only thing I can do
    is wait for a solution or a miracle update... the funniest thing is that on my laptop if everything works normally, on my PC gaming NO, the same damn error 0x80070005
  6. Rudiarius066 Win User

One more thing to add. When I go to app and features and click on the advanced options of metro it is saying 0 bytes for the app the data and the total usage when I know for a fact it is on my data drive. (I do not install games on the C drive its only
    for windows) Its like the app is thinking its one place but the files are in another place. This is why its not doing a thing when I try to start the game. I have no idea why it worked last night. Its the second time this whole thing with missing files
    and error codes happen after I somehow get the app to work, turn off the computer one day go to bed and the next after I turn the computer on its all messed up happened.
Thema:

1. Some wierd things happening with gamepass for pc beta, error codes and missing installed games. - Similar Threads - wierd things happening

2. Wierd noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wierd noises: When I am downloading a game on my Xbox from a disk my Xbox makes a lot of loud fan noises and noises that relate to that. I would like to know why this is happening so I can fix this....
  3. Microsoft: Random adds and wierd messages

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Microsoft: Random adds and wierd messages: Microsoft (Routers): Random adds and wierd messages They're scam bots with automated responses. The best thing to do right now is block and report the accounts so that Xbox's enforcement team can...
  4. my xbox did something WIERD

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox did something WIERD: So my Xbox Did someting weird when i started it.It had asked me to join a network midway starting it up.So i connected till i saw something.It had logged me out of my microsoft acount! Also now i...
  5. Wierd buzzing in earbuds

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wierd buzzing in earbuds: So I use a Razer Wolverine controller and I use earbuds not a headset. Recently whenever I have a pair of earbuds plugged in (I have tried with about five different pairs) there is this on again...
  6. Wierd suspension

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wierd suspension: recently i got banned for harassment/Abuse/Treats. A 7day ban exacly today the ban has been expired at 11:38 pm now its midnight. Why my account is still banned? fb6fbc71-1a58-42b6-8625-846fa7e5f498
  7. Wierd audio error and connection problems..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wierd audio error and connection problems..: Hi there, I don't know if the issue is during the internet connection problem I have (when I insert the internet cable instead of connecting with wifi I get a 'can't find DHPC-server' error)....
  8. Wierd Xbox Compatibly Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wierd Xbox Compatibly Issue: I am currently experiencing a issue with my original xbox games on my xbox one. Every time I put in either Star Wars KOTOR or the original battlefront 2, it sends me to the Blu ray player and says...
  9. Wierd audio error and connection problems..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wierd audio error and connection problems..: Hi there, I don't know if the issue is during the internet connection problem I have (when I insert the internet cable instead of connecting with wifi I get a 'can't find DHPC-server' error)....
  10. My elite controller is being wierd

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite controller is being wierd: My elite controller is being wierd when I use the thumbstick it will skip a menu in the xbox menu and im games I can't run and I will be moved by the controller 8b8ac7f4-6553-4730-ac10-a0b033b363d9