Someone sent me a message, running a credit score on me

Discus and support Someone sent me a message, running a credit score on me in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm unsure if reporting the message is sufficient in this, as it constitutes cyber-stalking, but someone upset while playing Apex Legends told me "big... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xBIG SHOWx, Jun 27, 2019.

1. xBIG SHOWx
    xBIG SHOWx Guest

I'm unsure if reporting the message is sufficient in this, as it constitutes cyber-stalking, but someone upset while playing Apex Legends told me "big vocab for someone with a (X) credit score" where (X) was the number. Suffice to say, the exact number
    was correct, which means the user somehow got my information from XBox to run a credit check. Is this something I should be reporting to XBox Support or is reporting the message enough?

:)

xBIG SHOWx, Jun 27, 2019
  2. BlastingAxis Win User

report and block add message to report of what they are doing and screen shot message they sent and send ti to support
  3. Shadowskill08 Win User

Certainly report the message, ignore, and block the gamertag. It's extremely unlikely that this person was actually able to get your credit score.
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

There are sites, even where you can pay a few dollars, to access credit info for anyone. Sad to say this, but it's true.

First thing, do you display your name and real life location on your profile, where Everyone can see it under your privacy settings? I see people all the time doing this and I don't think it's a good idea, personally, as you're giving out way too much information
    that way sometimes, and then people on XBL will be upset when others find them on social media like Facebook etc. This easily happens when people list their full real name, say for example, "John James Doe" and then location will be real as well, like Henderson,
    Nevada. With a real name (especially when people include their middle name too), it's not hard to Google search a person using a real name and location. There are many, many search sites out there to find people just with this basic info (I won't give examples
    of these sites, but trust me, there are thousands of them). So, first thing, make sure your name and location are either not completely giving away your real information, or if you do choose to put that on your XBL profile, set it so that only Friends can
    see it.

Aside from this, he could also be a person with a job where he can access credit scores and history on anyone. There ae many, many jobs out there where people are given access to run a check on someone to see if they can be approved for store credit or purchases,
    or credit cards, loans etc. Anyone who works at a bank, a retail store, a car dealership, in a mall, I could go on and on, but these people may possibly be given access to run a credit check to see if customers can be approved for credit. And every now and
    then, you get a bad apple and someone will abuse this.

Either way, make sure to report it and I would safe guard your account name, location and any information that you show. Good luck.
  5. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Hi,

Just to clarify, are you talking about your in-game credits or bank account?
  6. aMexicanErb Win User

That is crazy to think that someone got that information through your xbox? Please make sure to report so this person can be shut down haha! Also make sure to block the user
Thema:

1. Someone sent me a message, running a credit score on me - Similar Threads - Someone sent message

2. How longs does it take to ban someone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How longs does it take to ban someone?: There was a person who cursed me out i reported the message but they didnt get banned not only that they proceeded to message me on another account and that one also did not get enforcement after...
  3. emailing someone from microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    emailing someone from microsoft: i need to contact some one about a cyber bulling incident, because the report feature doesn't let me fully explain what happened due to the character limit. 6b259752-ce10-4606-90b6-2ec4c0635ce2
  4. Unblocked someone and they permanently show as offline now

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unblocked someone and they permanently show as offline now: Hi, i accidentally blocked my friend, and now that i have unblocked him, he permanently show as offline now, i was in a party with him so i know he isnt offline 76e8804d-d9c5-41ee-8b6d-182c2627ab57
  5. I was wondering a question could someone please help me out with this

in XboX Insiders
    I was wondering a question could someone please help me out with this: I was wondering if the messages notifications messages have been fixed yet with all the posts being made on the Reddit website for the insiders. and I was also wondering if the play later feature...
  6. Someone has sent messages on my behalf. I need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Someone has sent messages on my behalf. I need help: One day while playing For Honor with a friend, some gamer messaged us boasting about killing us.Shortly afterwards messages in the conversation appeared that I never sent. These messages were then...
  7. I need help Im not sure if someones trying to steal my info or not this is what was sent to me

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I need help Im not sure if someones trying to steal my info or not this is what was sent to me: . [img] 171ea1ce-803c-4de7-b5a2-a48b39045ec4
  8. someone sent me a code with the gift system

in XBoX Games and Apps
    someone sent me a code with the gift system: He bought the code, and sent it, and I pressed redeem code. The code automatically went in, but then I started up the game, and I got no dlc, for revelations. Then I went back to the map pack for...
  9. i cant sent a message to someone on xboxlive

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant sent a message to someone on xboxlive: I cant sent a message on xboxlive keep saying go to support.xbox/fix-messaging and I went to that site and I put my cellphone too and it didn't work 6499e36a-f6a1-486c-9c32-ad0e4ff2301e
  10. "Your Message Could Not Be Sent" Every time I message someone not on my friends list?

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Your Message Could Not Be Sent" Every time I message someone not on my friends list?: Every time I try to send a message to a person that's not on my friends list I am greeted with a message saying "Your Message Could Not Be Sent". I know the person hasn't blocked me because after...