Someone threatened to hack me online. I reported, what else can I do?

Discus and support Someone threatened to hack me online. I reported, what else can I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Was playing an online competitive Overwatch game and my wifi lagged out due to weather. When I got back online, I got a message from one of my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Strawbbi, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Strawbbi
    Strawbbi Guest

Was playing an online competitive Overwatch game and my wifi lagged out due to weather. When I got back online, I got a message from one of my teammates, gamertag
    [Mod Removed - Personal Information], who told me he reported me and that he pulled my ip address. I've since contacted my IPS and the support informed me that my ip address is public anyways and my wifi has its own secure firewall so I didn't
    have much to worry about. However, I really want this person to be handled as I am sure he is consistently harassing other players. Is there anything else I can do besides simply reporting him on xbox?

:)

Strawbbi, Aug 16, 2019
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Strawbbi,

Thanks for your post, we appreciate you raising your concern to the forums. Ultimately, the best thing to do in a situation where a player threatens you online is to report and block the user. If the user has sent you threatening messages, the Enforcement
    team will have means to address the issue accordingly.

For more help on enforcement related issues, check out our
    Enforcement
    website.

I hope this information helps.
  3. SlouchyPlayer4 Win User

BEING THREATENED TO BE HACKED OFF XBOX LIVE FOREVER

I was playing GTA V today (8/13/2014), I was having a blast, someone called [Mod removed] was using some exploit in the game, I told him "Hey man, get out of the content creator glitch or I will report you". He told me "I'll hack you", I reported him to
    Rockstar and Microsoft for exploiting the game and threatening to hack me. I even told all my friends to report [Mod removed] for threatening to hack me. Microsoft if you read this, is it possible for a suspension for threatening hacking xbox accountsfor a
    few weeks or days, if so, please suspend [Mod removed]. Thanks
  4. xRinkashimex Win User

Harrassment

I want to report a player for constant threatening and is also hacking the game their gamertag is
    [Mod removed] he is hacking money into the game and is threatening to hack me I have reported him in the in-game menu but nothing has been done
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Hacked

No one can hack your xbox one so don't worry.

If someone is threatening to "hack" you then report & block them via your console & they will be investigated.
  6. masonx23x Win User

What are the rules in people hacking and threatening you?

Report the profile that threatened you to Microsoft and block them. Chances are he's just trying to scare you. I've heard that threat before as well and nothing ever happened to me. It's just someone who is angry. It's not illegal to threaten to hack someone
    however, if said user DID hack you, that would be a different story.
Thema:

1. Someone threatened to hack me online. I reported, what else can I do? - Similar Threads - Someone threatened hack

2. I need to report someone who harrased me and threatened my IP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to report someone who harrased me and threatened my IP: I was playing skme RainbowSixSeige and there was this guy [Removed by Moderator], he aaid “Nice IP” and starting disrespecting me, just curious if i can get help....
  3. Was threatened to have WiFi turned off while beating someone in rocket league. Sure enough...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Was threatened to have WiFi turned off while beating someone in rocket league. Sure enough...: Ive blocked him, reset router numerous times, nothing works, phones arent connected to WiFi, neither is tv or Netflix. Idk what to do please help e5215ccf-0ad5-46e7-bdc3-1ebbb190aa30
  4. BANNED FOR BEING RUDE TO SOMEONE WHO WAS THREATENING TO DDOS ME

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BANNED FOR BEING RUDE TO SOMEONE WHO WAS THREATENING TO DDOS ME: I got banned for sending a rude message to someone who was threatening to ddos me and him get away with nothing. I've tried to put out a case review but the questionaire barely even makes sense so...
  5. ACN: I want to have someone help me get in multiplayer banned because I didn't threaten anyone ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    ACN: I want to have someone help me get in multiplayer banned because I didn't threaten anyone ...: ACN (Modems/Gateways): I want to have someone help me get in multiplayer banned because I didn't threaten anyone in any way excuse the minor profanity 46700a9d-60d2-41ff-bd2f-ec3c894afe86
  6. Hello, I have been repeatedly threatened and harassed by someone who has multiple accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I have been repeatedly threatened and harassed by someone who has multiple accounts.: Is there anything I can do about this? I've been threatened and called racial slurs by this guy. He harasses me on multiple accounts and I can no longer tolerate this. Please help. [Mod Removed]...
  7. Someone threatened me over Xbox Live, is there someone from Xbox that can help me with this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Someone threatened me over Xbox Live, is there someone from Xbox that can help me with this?: Hi, tonight I was using the Xbox Looking for Group. I made a post that had no inappropriate content. A player responded as interested to my post, so I invited him to the party. He then...
  8. Someone threatened me over Xbox Live, is there someone from Xbox that can help me with this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Someone threatened me over Xbox Live, is there someone from Xbox that can help me with this?: Hi, tonight I was using the Xbox Looking for Group. I made a post that had no inappropriate content. A player responded as interested to my post, so I invited him to the party. He then...
  9. Someone is threatening me online for nothing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Someone is threatening me online for nothing: Hello idk if i should be scared especially since i have never done anything wrong on xbox live but, I was trying to play a peaceful game of Madden NFL 18 and the game started off pretty well. I...
  10. Someone bullied me and threatened to hack my account and get my details

in XBoX on Consoles
    Someone bullied me and threatened to hack my account and get my details: I was on Xbox playing call of duty and someone said I was bad and that they would take my account away from me so I muted them but they sent me messages 7c21f0ca-b1d5-48d3-9bb0-11bf37c54195