Something went wrong parental control child locked out of account

Discus and support Something went wrong parental control child locked out of account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi there I have been on chat and call with Microsoft 5-6 times now and no one can solve this problem so hoping someone here can. For some reasons my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by calopie99, May 20, 2022.

1. calopie99
    calopie99 Guest

Hi there I have been on chat and call with Microsoft 5-6 times now and no one can solve this problem so hoping someone here can.

For some reasons my adult account has been separated from my child's account. When my child tries to log into their outlook child's account they need permission from me but since we are not linked anymore we are stuck as it comes up with the message "Something went wrong. Its not you but us"

I have tried over the phone and on chat the following things...

1- Resend family invite (This doesn't work because can not get into childs account)

2- logging in on different browsers and computers, tablets xbox etc

3- Tried resetting childs password but that works but still gets to the step of needing parental consent and so can not get into account

4- Tried resetting my password and doesn't work.

It seems like everything we do, we can not get into his account. He has all his gaming attached to this account and will lose everything if he can not get in. Someone please help?

:)

calopie99, May 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today Calopie

Could you try this:

Create a new account that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your main account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your main account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your account everywhere and restart your PC
    Then log in your account again and try downloading the game.

Just to double check, please check if you can change birthdate to more than 18
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile
  3. [Farscape] Win User

What happens if I leave the family

you will get locked out of a lot of features due to the account being a child account, and you can't leave, only the parent can release the child account. there still hass to be a parent attached to the account too.
  4. WPAK Win User

Profiles XBOXONEX creation

Hi there,

if the account creating settings have been 'locked' by a parental account then that parental account needs to unlock that option.

Wrong password could be the cause. To be sure have the parental account owner log into their account at xbox.com and or account.microsoft.com.

If the parental account settings are unknown then please have the parental account owner try and recover the account settings via:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

Something that could be tried is sign out of the Child account and then signing in with the Parental account itself (assuming the parental account is still present)

Let us know the results
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Online Safety Settings

Basically if the child account isn't showing on that menu, either it isn't the correct parent account you are checking on, or something is wrong. Have you checked your other accounts to see if one of them is the parent?
  6. ngocphi Win User

Son purchasing

put him on a parental controlled child account

If you created an adult account you would have to make a new account this is something that has to be done upon creation by the parent
Thema:

1. Something went wrong parental control child locked out of account - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Xbox Game Bar "Something went wrong with your microphone, try changing your party audio...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar "Something went wrong with your microphone, try changing your party audio...: I am trying to use the Xbox Game Bar on PC to talk with some friends on Xbox, however it keeps saying "Something went wrong with your microphone, try changing your party audio settings". The Xbox...
  3. PC game pass stardew valley "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code:...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC game pass stardew valley "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code:...: Hi, I got a problem running stardew valley using pc game pass. Every time I run the game the error shown Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x8007042b) as the pictures and...
  4. Something went wrong, error codes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Something went wrong, error codes: Does a xbox series x usually come back worse after it was sent in for a repair? 2 weeks later I still can’t play the thing. Seems like you guys have no idea what you’re doing.....
  5. halo master chief collection something went wrong (0x8007042b)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo master chief collection something went wrong (0x8007042b): I recently downloaded the game. Never have a problem while downloading the game. Today i try to start the game and got this error "something went wrong (0x8007042b)" Also when i started the game...
  6. Amazon Prime “something went wrong”

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon Prime “something went wrong”: I’ve been using Amazon prime on Xbox for some time, but on the past 10 days or so, I’m getting the “Something went wrong, please try again later” message when I press the Watch Now (play) button....
  7. FH5 Error massage "something went wrong launching your game 0xc0ea0001"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FH5 Error massage "something went wrong launching your game 0xc0ea0001": I just cant get the game to launch more than 1 time, i have reinstalled windows, reinstalled Forza, got everythin disabled as i know of, got all the Visual C things, directX, everything is...
  8. Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may...: This is not even using a browser, I am trying to play minecraft dungeons on a pc and it asks me to sign in. After clicking the sign in button, it gives me this error. I first bought this game...
  9. Something went wrong error message and won’t allow me to login to my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Something went wrong error message and won’t allow me to login to my account: My 9 year old not been able to play on her Xbox for the last week as constantly has a black screen with sorry there seems to be something wrong and just won’t let her login in to her account!...
  10. No support for Xbox/PC MSFS and unable to access phone support as "Something went wrong on...

in XBoX on Windows
    No support for Xbox/PC MSFS and unable to access phone support as "Something went wrong on...: I have had MASSIVE problems following updates to MSFS20 on PC. Currently, when I try to run the program, it is just stuck on "checking for updates" I have tried every online suggestion from...