"Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

Discus and support "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been getting this error for the past few months whenever I try joining party chat from the xbox game bar and its the most annoying thing to deal... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ozymandiiias, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Ozymandiiias
    Ozymandiiias Guest

"Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

I have been getting this error for the past few months whenever I try joining party chat from the xbox game bar and its the most annoying thing to deal with. Any solutions?

:)

Ozymandiiias, Dec 2, 2021
  2. BENp_936 Win User

Xbox One Party Chat

I have similar issue to this where I can join the party but when you try and activate party chat it says could not turn party chat on please try again later.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

"Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat game bar

Hi there Ozymandiiias welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  4. Babyxox Win User

Xbox enforcement still needs work!!

It says “something went wrong with your party. Try again later. [0x80190193]”nothing else.
  5. DiegoMarkzBR Win User

"Something went wrong with your party. Try again later. [0x800C0008

I solved the error 0x800c0008

1- go to settings

2- console information

3- reset console after keeping games and apps

after that, you can reset your locality, language, account ...

After that, my problem was solved!

Sorry, I'm Brazilian and I'm using google translator.
  6. Squidacus Win User

"Something went wrong with your party. Try again later. [0x800C0008

Hi Haydenrhook5,

To give you an idea, there's a recent issue with party chats on Xbox which got fixed by our engineers. Regarding your concern, can you tell us if you're getting this error code on Xbox One console? If so, let's try to isolate your concern so that we could
    find a way to sort this out. I suggest that you perform the following solutions below:

Solution 1: Perform a clean boot on your Xbox One console.

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. 
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Solution 2: Clear the Mac Address

1. Go to Setting > All Settings.
    2. Go to Network Tab > Network settings.
    3. Click Advanced settings.
    4. Select Alternate MAC address.
    5. Click Clear, then select Restart.

Solution 3: Remove your profile on the console, and then download it back. You may refer to this

link
    for the steps.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.
    Hi having same issue as the person above followed your steps and still no change
Thema:

1. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat... - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it.: Hello I have been having an issue with my series X for a few weeks now where the hdmi is flashing on and off on random occasions sometimes cutting off for a few minutes at a time , I’ve been...
  3. 'Something went wrong with your Microphone' When in a party in xbox game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    'Something went wrong with your Microphone' When in a party in xbox game bar: I am using a jabra headset that I use for everything on my MSI laptop running windows 10. When I try to get in a party with friends it says "Something went wrong with your microphone, check your...
  4. Trying to get a repair booked on my controller - Sorry, something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to get a repair booked on my controller - Sorry, something went wrong: Trying to get a repair or replacement booked for my faulty controller, which has developed a fault after less than a month. When I attempt to book this in, when I get to the shipping address part...
  5. Error message "sorry something went wrong" when trying to enter shipping details.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error message "sorry something went wrong" when trying to enter shipping details.: Hi, I've tried multiple times at different points of the day to get my warranty processed for the Xbox Series X. I went to Microsoft Devices and click on "start order". Then I fill in the...
  6. It’s says something went wrong when I am trying to install format horizon 5

in XBoX on Windows
    It’s says something went wrong when I am trying to install format horizon 5: I have been attempting to install for a horizon 5 on my Xbox 1 and it keeps saying something went wrong so I gave it another go and it then came up with the same message...
  7. Oops something went wrong! Money gone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oops something went wrong! Money gone.: I recently bought the mirage edition for apex legends and when I did so I got the error message “oops something went wrong” I cancelled out and I have no add on for apex and I still have to...
  8. I keep getting 'Oops. Something went wrong. Try again later' message when in the Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting 'Oops. Something went wrong. Try again later' message when in the Xbox...: I am trying to purchase from the Xbox store. I keep receiving the error message. What is happening here? 096a5b48-8691-474b-bb60-d17fc5dad9ce
  9. "Something went wrong" Message - Code 0x87e50007

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Something went wrong" Message - Code 0x87e50007: I just bought FIFA 22 and when I try to open it up, it gives me the "Something went wrong" message. Then is says, "Give it another try. If this happens again, visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter...
  10. Cant schedule a call back "Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it."

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant schedule a call back "Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it.": I purchased an elite series 2 in May and discovered today that my year warranty activated in the January before I had bought it, I've been trying to contact someone about this but I cant schedule...