Sony: Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox

Discus and support Sony: Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Sony (Televisions): Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox A hard reset/power cycle is the solution to most... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by xPP2x, Jun 29, 2019.

1. xPP2x
    xPP2x Guest

Sony: Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox

Sony (Televisions): Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox
    A hard reset/power cycle is the solution to most issues experienced with the console.

Glad you got it sorted. Happy gaming.

:)

xPP2x, Jun 29, 2019
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

: Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox

A hard reset/power cycle is the solution to most issues experienced with the console.

Glad you got it sorted. Happy gaming.
  3. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox

Have tried using a different HDMI cord? Sometimes those go bad for no reason..
  4. xPP2x Win User

Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox

Thanks everyone. I do have ultra HD cables so the equipment is good; I got the Scorpio at launch so the set up has been working for awhile.

I held in the button for about 20 seconds then did a hard reset on everything, including all the surge protectors, aaaaaaand...it worked. Weird as it seems, everything is back to normal. Which is good.
  5. tazmad2010 Win User

Hello, if you go into the Xbox audio output settings and check that HDMI audio isn't turned off as a first step.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/choosing-speaker-audio-output

You will also need to check in the Xbox display settings that you have HDMI set to Auto Detect. If none of that helps then try resetting the display settings on your Xbox.

1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
    2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep.
      DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

Note If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you’ll need to press and hold the Xboxbutton and the Bind button instead, as your console does not have an Eject button.

In either case, this will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Go to System > Settings > Display & sound > Video
      output
      , and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.
  6. xPP2x Win User

I have not. Which one do you think I should try? I was thinking maybe the one out of my HTS?
Thema:

1. Sony: Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox - Similar Threads - Sony Picture sound

2. Xbox game capture mp4 files wouldn't load into sony vegas solution. (kinda)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game capture mp4 files wouldn't load into sony vegas solution. (kinda): Hello, this Isn't really a solution, but technically a solution to a xbox game capture problem I had. Recently I started recording for honor with xbox game capture, cus I can listen to music...
  3. Halo Master Chief Collection is very Dim/Dark on Xbox 1X + Sony A1 4k HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Master Chief Collection is very Dim/Dark on Xbox 1X + Sony A1 4k HDR: Halo Master Chief Collection is very Dim/Dark on Xbox 1X + Sony A1 4k HDR. Other games work perfectly and the lighting and HDR look great. To troubleshoot, I have deleted and redownloaded the...
  4. Sony Bravia For Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sony Bravia For Xbox Series X: Hi Folks, Been an avid xbox gamer since the first xbox and will be looking to get the series x when it's out. My current TV is a Sony 50" kdl-50w807c which tbh is the best TV I have ever owned...
  5. Sony PS5 vs Xbox Series X: Who wins the Battle of Titans?

in XboX Insiders
    Sony PS5 vs Xbox Series X: Who wins the Battle of Titans?: [IMG] submitted by /u/saheel_abd [link] [comments]
  6. LG B9 with Xbox One X and Sony Soundbar, no VRR nor ALMM

in XBoX on Consoles
    LG B9 with Xbox One X and Sony Soundbar, no VRR nor ALMM: Hi Guys, I just got the LG B9, so far so good, but I have one question that maybe is known here, is an issue I'm having with the Sony X9000F sound bar, I have my xbox one x connected to this bar...
  7. Xbox one s and zf9 sony soundbar problems.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s and zf9 sony soundbar problems.: Hi I've connected my xbox one s to my sony soundbar. But it comes on ok. But if I play a game or try to watch netflix the screen goes black with no sound. But I can still watch 4k blu Ray's fine...
  8. If I have to wait 30 days just to stream, I'm going back to Sony

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I have to wait 30 days just to stream, I'm going back to Sony: I seriously don't get why I have to wait 30 DAYS. for a new number to go through my account. I'm getting awfully tired of seeing this message pop up every time I log into my e-mail or xbox. I just...
  9. : Sony Receiver STR-HD790

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Sony Receiver STR-HD790: : Sony Receiver STR-HD790 Hey, I have a Sony STR-HD790 receiver. My Xbox One X says it is not compatible for 4k HDR 60hz gaming. My PS4 and PC both support HDR 60hz through the receiver. I use the...
  10. Sony KDL-40XBR6: XB1X 4K/BLU RAY DISC ISSUE, BLACK BARS/GREY BARS TOP AND BOTTOM OF PICTURE, ...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony KDL-40XBR6: XB1X 4K/BLU RAY DISC ISSUE, BLACK BARS/GREY BARS TOP AND BOTTOM OF PICTURE, ...: Sony (Televisions) KDL-40XBR6: XB1X 4K/BLU RAY DISC ISSUE, BLACK BARS/GREY BARS TOP AND BOTTOM OF PICTURE, NOT FULL SCREEN I popped in guardians of the Galaxy 2- 4kdisc in to test it, it still had...