: Sony Receiver STR-HD790

Discus and support : Sony Receiver STR-HD790 in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Sony Receiver STR-HD790 Hey, I have a Sony STR-HD790 receiver. My Xbox One X says it is not compatible for 4k HDR 60hz gaming. My PS4 and PC both... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Edgecrusher93, Mar 27, 2020 at 2:53 AM.

1. : Sony Receiver STR-HD790

Hey, I have a Sony STR-HD790 receiver. My Xbox One X says it is not compatible for 4k HDR 60hz gaming. My PS4 and PC both support HDR 60hz through the receiver. I use the receiver to run multiple devices to my projector.

Any one have success getting the Xbox to support this receiver for HDR gaming? Can someone on the Xbox team look at this? I would think the One X would support this receiver since my PS4 and PC do no problem. I have the same style HDMI cords for all my
    devices.

Thanks!

:)

Edgecrusher93, Mar 27, 2020 at 2:53 AM
  2. Edgecrusher93 Win User

Yes, I reviewed that setting screen. Under Video Modes I have Allow 4K and Allow HDR10 checked. I have to have these checked for the settings to work when I hook directly to my projector, which it does. The details when passing through my receiver is
    below
    [​IMG]
  3. Kirill Krasin Win User

Sony Receiver STR-HD790

Hello Edgecrusher93,

I've have similar problem, but with output video in 4k with HDR (My TV also shown as unsupported).

Try these steps:

1. Open Settings tab
    2. Select All Settings
    3. Select Display & sound and then Video output
    4. Choose Video modes
    5. To enable HDR, ensure both the Allow 4K and Allow HDR checkboxes are filled.
  4. Edgecrusher93 Win User

Sony Receiver STR-HD790

When i connect the Xbox directly to my projector 4k HDR 60hz game play is supported and works. When I pass through the Sony receiver 4k HDR 60hz gameplay is not supported. The Xbox says going through a receiver may limit support. But, the PS4 and my gaming
    PC support 4k HDR 60hz gameplay passing through the projector. Just seems strange that the Xbox doesnt support this receiver. Makes we worried about future Series X compatibility as well...
  5. Kirill Krasin Win User

Sony Receiver STR-HD790

The Xbox says going through a receiver may limit support.
    I understant that your PC and PS works fine via reciever, but did you try steps that i post in first answer?
  6. Codename Jelly Win User

Optical Out - What is it for??

I dont have a HDMI capable receiver I had to save for along time to afford my Sony STR-DB895D

-

www.sony.co.uk/.../str-db895d

-

Until it breaks down I cannot justify spending a few hundred pounds on another unit.
Thema:

1. : Sony Receiver STR-HD790 - Similar Threads - Sony Receiver STR

2. XBOX One X - IR Blaster Problem with Sony Receiver (STR-DN1030 and probably others)

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX One X - IR Blaster Problem with Sony Receiver (STR-DN1030 and probably others): I've configured my TV setup as well as my receiver setup following all the instructions on the console but I found a bug for the control of my Sony receiver (STR-DN1030). During the setup, if I...
  3. XBOX One X - IR Blaster Problem with Sony Receiver (STR-DN1030 and probably others)

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX One X - IR Blaster Problem with Sony Receiver (STR-DN1030 and probably others): I've configured my TV setup as well as my receiver setup following all the instructions on the console but I found a bug for the control of my sony receiver (STR-DN1030). During the setup, if I...
  4. Sony: Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony: Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox: Sony (Televisions): Picture but no sound, television claims its not a receiving a signal from my XBox A hard reset/power cycle is the solution to most issues experienced with the console. Glad...
  5. Sony STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k: Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k This is the first time I've heard of something of this magnitude, something with the TV sounds...
  6. Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?: Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why? If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the reply. dd8aed95-8551-4640-9ee3-0c81dbe2a96f
  7. Sony: Now TV and TV Receiver

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony: Now TV and TV Receiver: Sony (Audio/Video Receivers): Now TV and TV Receiver Good morning I can not see the TV through the xbox all the channels are badly encrypted and even the audio does not come out properly. if I...
  8. Volume up/down voice commands don't work with Sony STR-DN1080 receiver

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Volume up/down voice commands don't work with Sony STR-DN1080 receiver: I have a Sony STR-DN1080 receiver and want to control the volume with my Xbox One S. I'm able to control the power and mute/unmute the receiver, but volume up and down do not work. This happens...
  9. Can't control Sony STR-DA3000ES Receiver

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't control Sony STR-DA3000ES Receiver: Anybody have an alternate IR remote code for this sony receiver, or can point me to a list to try. The receiver was in the device list and came up with remote code R0158 but neither volume or mute...
  10. Sony STR-DN850 Receiver set up with Xbox One - What should the settings be on the Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sony STR-DN850 Receiver set up with Xbox One - What should the settings be on the Xbox One: Hello, So I have had my Xbox One for over a year and I love it. The only problem I have really been having is getting the audio to work correctly with my receiver and my TV. I have been into...