Sony STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k

Discus and support Sony STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k This is the first time I've heard of something of... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by shredmasta8, Apr 5, 2019.

1. shredmasta8
    shredmasta8 Guest

Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k
    This is the first time I've heard of something of this magnitude, something with the TV sounds off with the 4K Compatibility. Hopefully fixed soon

:)

shredmasta8, Apr 5, 2019
  2. dtfkl Win User

This is the first time I've heard of something of this magnitude, something with the TV sounds off with the 4K Compatibility. Hopefully fixed soon
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k

Hi shredmasta8,

Thank you for coming to the forums. I'd be happy to provide some information.

This is a bug the Xbox Insider team has been investigating for some time now that relates to issues on the Xbox One X when plugged into an audio receiver or soundbar with surround sound and 4K resolution set at the same time via HDMI. I'm not sure what the
    causes this bug with the Xbox One X but it is something they're working on with the preview update builds.

What speaker output option do you have it set to in the Xbox sound settings? Does this only happen when you physically change the volume on the receiver? Do you have a remote that controls the volume or just on the receiver?

I recommend for basic troubleshooting to go ahead and do a
    hard reset and power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and
    turn on the Xbox. Also, reconnect the HDMI cables between the console, receiver, and TV to reestablish a solid connection.
  4. shredmasta8 Win User

Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k

Hi ,

Thank you for coming to the forums. I'd be happy to provide some information.

This is a bug the Xbox Insider team has been investigating for some time now that relates to issues on the Xbox One X when plugged into an audio receiver or soundbar with surround sound and 4K resolution set at the same time via HDMI. I'm not sure what the
    causes this bug with the Xbox One X but it is something they're working on with the preview update builds.

What speaker output option do you have it set to in the Xbox sound settings? Does this only happen when you physically change the volume on the receiver? Do you have a remote that controls the volume or just on the receiver?

I recommend for basic troubleshooting to go ahead and do a
    hard reset and power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and
    turn on the Xbox. Also, reconnect the HDMI cables between the console, receiver, and TV to reestablish a solid connection.
    Hi Diego! This is great that the Xbox team is working on a fix.

This happens when I physically change the volume on the receiver, as well as with the remote. My speaker output is set to 5.1.

Unfortunately I have tried the hard reset many times with no success. Hoping an update comes soon!
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Error code 0x80bd0009. Xbox One S. Cannot select 7.1 or 5.1 uncompressed, only stereo.

If you connect the Xbox directly to the TV do you have any issues ? Looking at the Sony website that model receiver doesn't support a 4k passthrough. There was a firmware update way back in 2014, it may be worth just checking that your receiver is fully
    up to date.

www.sony.co.uk/.../str-dn1030
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Sony STR-DH520: New Xbox One X *Static Sounds*

G'day,

You are not alone! It has been reported in the XBox Insiders Forum . I occasionally hear the same distortion while in the Dashboard but not as much as a few updates back.
Thema:

1. Sony STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k - Similar Threads - Sony STR DH520

2. Xbox One X and Sony HT-S350 Soundbar issue help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X and Sony HT-S350 Soundbar issue help!: I have connected my new soundbar to my 4k tv via the hdmi ARC connection on the back of the tv. Now when I go and view my video settings on the Xbox one x, HDR and dolby vision is now for some...
  3. Sony STR-DH520: New Xbox One X *Static Sounds*

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony STR-DH520: New Xbox One X *Static Sounds*: Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: New Xbox One X *Static Sounds* G'day, You are not alone! It has been reported in the XBox Insiders Forum . I occasionally hear the same distortion while in...
  4. Microsoft and Sony cooperation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft and Sony cooperation: What do you think about cooperation about cloud game streaming? Is it good for gaming? 28b84848-0daf-4901-b3e5-4206cf290dcd
  5. Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?: Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why? If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the reply. dd8aed95-8551-4640-9ee3-0c81dbe2a96f
  6. Volume up/down voice commands don't work with Sony STR-DN1080 receiver

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Volume up/down voice commands don't work with Sony STR-DN1080 receiver: I have a Sony STR-DN1080 receiver and want to control the volume with my Xbox One S. I'm able to control the power and mute/unmute the receiver, but volume up and down do not work. This happens...
  7. Sony STR-DN840 AVR remote code?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sony STR-DN840 AVR remote code?: Hi, has anyone got a Sony STR-DN840 working with the XBox? It's not in the list, but it's big brother the DN1040 is and when that is selected the volume voice commands work, but it doesn't switch...
  8. Can't control Sony STR-DA3000ES Receiver

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't control Sony STR-DA3000ES Receiver: Anybody have an alternate IR remote code for this sony receiver, or can point me to a list to try. The receiver was in the device list and came up with remote code R0158 but neither volume or mute...
  9. Sony STR-DH540 and XBOX ONE SOUND PROBLEMS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sony STR-DH540 and XBOX ONE SOUND PROBLEMS: Hello I am looking for some help with my Xbox One and Sony STR-DH540, for some reason I am unable to get 5.1 surround sound. When I set the Xbox One audio settings to 5.1 the receiver pops up and...
  10. Sony STR-DN850 Receiver set up with Xbox One - What should the settings be on the Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sony STR-DN850 Receiver set up with Xbox One - What should the settings be on the Xbox One: Hello, So I have had my Xbox One for over a year and I love it. The only problem I have really been having is getting the audio to work correctly with my receiver and my TV. I have been into...