Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

Discus and support Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why? in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why? If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by NemesisEnforcer, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?
    If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the reply.

:)

NemesisEnforcer, Nov 22, 2018
  2. What are the recommended settings for my set top box?

I'm noticing people changing their settings to 720p and changing the sound to stereo. Does this work? won't I notice the change from 1080p to 720 on my 1080p Panasonic plasma? My set top box is Dish Network hopper and my receiver is a sony STR-DH520. I have
    lost TV signal every now and then, what are the recommended settings?

Krimson Arrow, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Xbox One - AV Device not recognized. Nuforce Dia. Can we manually enter code or have XBOX One learn?

I'm having a similar problem with xbox not recognizing my receiver (sony STR k900). I have a remote but am not sure how to input the code. Do I need to get a newer receiver?

Hossernator68, Nov 22, 2018
  4. ThorX360
    ThorX360 Guest

ThorX360, Nov 22, 2018
  5. I appreciate your reply. But fear I wasn't specific enough. Basically, I have to (sometimes) hard reset my XBOX One X to use HDMI audio at all. As in, the console isn't even detecting it. Even though I have a 7.1 setup and can bitstream audio. There
    are times the console won't let me select HDMI audio, thus the hard reset. When I do, everything works.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is a known issue just like I've had to hard reset my console at times to get it to detect my wifi network.

NemesisEnforcer, Nov 23, 2018
  6. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Hey Enforcer thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We suggest at this point a reset of the console since
    the problem might be on the actual OS of the console (or possibly a bad update)
    so we would suggest a
    Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)
    Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 23, 2018
  7. Whats your current setup for the order of how everything turns on? Can you make it so the console starts last if it’s not already?

coco meat train, Nov 23, 2018
  8. Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

Given how I use a universal remote to turn things on, I could check and see. Thanks much.

NemesisEnforcer, Nov 23, 2018
  9. If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the reply.

NemesisEnforcer, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why? - Similar Threads - Sony STR DH520

2. Device control stopped working after Sony Bravia 8.0 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Device control stopped working after Sony Bravia 8.0 Update: Hello All, A couple of months ago my Sony Bravia TV (KD-43XF8505) had a large software update which moved it from version 7.0 to version 8.0. (Android TV). Since this update, device control on...
  3. How to Play Fortnite without Xbox Live Gold on Xbox One , free like Sony or Nintento

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to Play Fortnite without Xbox Live Gold on Xbox One , free like Sony or Nintento: Hi, I received the Fornoite Xbox as a gift and what a nasty surprise, I need to purchase the xbox live GOLD to play Fortnite !!! Please open for free Fortnite for xbox player, there is no...
  4. Sony STR-DH520: New Xbox One X *Static Sounds*

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony STR-DH520: New Xbox One X *Static Sounds*: Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: New Xbox One X *Static Sounds* G'day, You are not alone! It has been reported in the XBox Insiders Forum . I occasionally hear the same distortion while in...
  5. Sony STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k: Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: Xbox One X / Sony STRDH550 Receiver - Audio issues with 4k This is the first time I've heard of something of this magnitude, something with the TV sounds...
  6. Volume up/down voice commands don't work with Sony STR-DN1080 receiver

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Volume up/down voice commands don't work with Sony STR-DN1080 receiver: I have a Sony STR-DN1080 receiver and want to control the volume with my Xbox One S. I'm able to control the power and mute/unmute the receiver, but volume up and down do not work. This happens...
  7. Sony STR-DN840 AVR remote code?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sony STR-DN840 AVR remote code?: Hi, has anyone got a Sony STR-DN840 working with the XBox? It's not in the list, but it's big brother the DN1040 is and when that is selected the volume voice commands work, but it doesn't switch...
  8. Can't control Sony STR-DA3000ES Receiver

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't control Sony STR-DA3000ES Receiver: Anybody have an alternate IR remote code for this sony receiver, or can point me to a list to try. The receiver was in the device list and came up with remote code R0158 but neither volume or mute...
  9. Sony STR-DH540 and XBOX ONE SOUND PROBLEMS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sony STR-DH540 and XBOX ONE SOUND PROBLEMS: Hello I am looking for some help with my Xbox One and Sony STR-DH540, for some reason I am unable to get 5.1 surround sound. When I set the Xbox One audio settings to 5.1 the receiver pops up and...
  10. Sony STR-DN850 Receiver set up with Xbox One - What should the settings be on the Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sony STR-DN850 Receiver set up with Xbox One - What should the settings be on the Xbox One: Hello, So I have had my Xbox One for over a year and I love it. The only problem I have really been having is getting the audio to work correctly with my receiver and my TV. I have been into...