Sony: Xbox One S screen flicker on blu ray

Discus and support Sony: Xbox One S screen flicker on blu ray in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Sony (Audio/Video Receivers): Xbox One S screen flicker on blu ray brand new Sony 75" 850E, supports 4k, HDR10, etc. I have the One S plugged into port... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by HussellRilson, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Sony: Xbox One S screen flicker on blu ray

Sony (Audio/Video Receivers): Xbox One S screen flicker on blu ray
    brand new Sony 75" 850E, supports 4k, HDR10, etc. I have the One S plugged into port 2, with a brand new high speed cable. Playing a blu ray the screen goes black for a second or 2 about every 10 minutes. Or the sound will cut out for a second or two and
    come back.

I tried playing a UHD and the screen says no signal. When I go back to display settings on the Xbox now it doesn't show 4l as an option, and says my tv doesn't support any of those features.

Can anyone help out at all? Is there a setting I need to turn on or off on the Xbox and/or tv?

:)

HussellRilson, Jun 28, 2017
  2. DirkMcgurt
    DirkMcgurt Guest
    Occasional blank screen while playing on xbox one s

I have the screen flicker problem with my brand new Sony XBR 75" 850E. Only flickers when set to 4k on the xbox. SUCKS. I think I'm going to buy a UHD blu ray player and test it, If it doesn't fix the problem, I'll return it. If it does, I will drive my
    Jeep over the xbox.

DirkMcgurt, Jun 28, 2017
  3. manfred(j)
    manfred(j) Guest
    Xbox one s color 10 bit issues.

Hi StevenDraven,

I have the same issue with my Samsung KS9090 + Xbox One S. When I play Destiny I notice screen flickering in the character screen- and only when I choose 4K+10Bit color. All the other games and HDR Blu Rays are running fine in 4K and HDR, except Destiny.

manfred(j), Jun 28, 2017
  4. DirkMcgurt Win User

Occasional blank screen while playing on xbox one s

I have the screen flicker problem with my brand new Sony XBR 75" 850E. Only flickers when set to 4k on the xbox. SUCKS. I think I'm going to buy a UHD blu ray player and test it, If it doesn't fix the problem, I'll return it. If it does, I will drive my
    Jeep over the xbox.
  5. manfred(j) Win User

Xbox one s color 10 bit issues.

Hi StevenDraven,

I have the same issue with my Samsung KS9090 + Xbox One S. When I play Destiny I notice screen flickering in the character screen- and only when I choose 4K+10Bit color. All the other games and HDR Blu Rays are running fine in 4K and HDR, except Destiny.
  6. matthewiag Win User

4K content

Xbox One and Xbox One S are 1080P Gaming

Xbox One S will play 4K Blu Ray's

Xbox One X will play Game in 4K if they are Enhanced with 4K Support + 4k Blu Ray support

They Xbox One X will also Upscale on a 1080p screen so you will see some benefit of the Xbox One X
  7. JoshBarras Win User

4K UHD Blu-ray problems - picture stuttering

Hello, I have just tried the Revenant UHD Blu Ray on my Sony X85C and found flickering/stuttering 20 minutes in on HDR 4k.

Don't know if its the disc, the cables (which are latest spec) or the firmware of the xbox or tv.
  8. vader da slayer Win User

PlayStation being sold by Sony? xbox one might be left by it self

[quote user="AccyJr"]

hold on Sony makes money from Blu-ray, does that mean for every xbox one that they put it in that ms has to give money to Sony??

[/quote]

Sony makes 0 dollars (yen) on Blu-Ray, infact they have to PAY the Blu-Ray consortium (not the actual name, it escapes me atm) to stay on its board of directors.
Thema:

Sony: Xbox One S screen flicker on blu ray

1. Sony: Xbox One S screen flicker on blu ray - Similar Threads - Sony screen flicker

2. Make the Xbox X work with the Oculus Quest 2 this would give Sony a punch in the face

in XboX Insiders
    Make the Xbox X work with the Oculus Quest 2 this would give Sony a punch in the face: If you really want to kick Sony in the teeth. Make the new Xbox X compatible with the new Oculus Quest 2. This headset is the right price for most consumers and having it connect to a xbox x would...
  3. Sony XF95 not seeing Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sony XF95 not seeing Xbox One X: i got Sony XF95(XF9005) and when im trying to plug it in HDMI2 or 3 i have no signal at all. It works ok in HDMI1 and 4, but those inputs are not for HDR. I tried everything: enhanced mode, full...
  4. Xbox game capture mp4 files wouldn't load into sony vegas solution. (kinda)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game capture mp4 files wouldn't load into sony vegas solution. (kinda): Hello, this Isn't really a solution, but technically a solution to a xbox game capture problem I had. Recently I started recording for honor with xbox game capture, cus I can listen to music...
  5. Halo Master Chief Collection is very Dim/Dark on Xbox 1X + Sony A1 4k HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Master Chief Collection is very Dim/Dark on Xbox 1X + Sony A1 4k HDR: Halo Master Chief Collection is very Dim/Dark on Xbox 1X + Sony A1 4k HDR. Other games work perfectly and the lighting and HDR look great. To troubleshoot, I have deleted and redownloaded the...
  6. Sony Bravia For Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sony Bravia For Xbox Series X: Hi Folks, Been an avid xbox gamer since the first xbox and will be looking to get the series x when it's out. My current TV is a Sony 50" kdl-50w807c which tbh is the best TV I have ever owned...
  7. Sony PS5 vs Xbox Series X: Who wins the Battle of Titans?

in XboX Insiders
    Sony PS5 vs Xbox Series X: Who wins the Battle of Titans?: [IMG] submitted by /u/saheel_abd [link] [comments]
  8. LG B9 with Xbox One X and Sony Soundbar, no VRR nor ALMM

in XBoX on Consoles
    LG B9 with Xbox One X and Sony Soundbar, no VRR nor ALMM: Hi Guys, I just got the LG B9, so far so good, but I have one question that maybe is known here, is an issue I'm having with the Sony X9000F sound bar, I have my xbox one x connected to this bar...
  9. Xbox one s and zf9 sony soundbar problems.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s and zf9 sony soundbar problems.: Hi I've connected my xbox one s to my sony soundbar. But it comes on ok. But if I play a game or try to watch netflix the screen goes black with no sound. But I can still watch 4k blu Ray's fine...
  10. If I have to wait 30 days just to stream, I'm going back to Sony

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I have to wait 30 days just to stream, I'm going back to Sony: I seriously don't get why I have to wait 30 DAYS. for a new number to go through my account. I'm getting awfully tired of seeing this message pop up every time I log into my e-mail or xbox. I just...