Sound and connection

Discus and support Sound and connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently moved along with my internet service, very carefully made a special trip w/ xbox series x, elite 2 controller, and TB 700 wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan Alquist, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Ryan Alquist
    Ryan Alquist Guest

Sound and connection

I have recently moved along with my internet service, very carefully made a special trip w/ xbox series x, elite 2 controller, and TB 700 wireless headset to make sure nothing was damaged. Since hooking everything back up and playing warzone everything went south. Will be in a match, mid game and the headset sound will start to cut in/out/get quiet and it will either get better temporarily, constantly reconnect to the xbox, or completely stop working . At this point I am either booted completely out of the game and have to reload or just kicks out of the match. During this time I cannot hear audio clicks for scrolling the in game or xbox settings menu but headset still is powered on.

So I contact the internet provider, reboots done, per spectrum the connection is good with equipment less than a year old. I run the multi player speed test, mostly good but every once in a while is will give me a moderate NAT.

Thinking maybe this is a headset issue I went and got a steelseries arctis 9x, excitement was soon dashed as the same issue with audio came up, sound just quit working after 5-10min into joining a lobby. Xbox, controller, and headsets are all current with updates.

The only thing that has changed is the xbox is not wired(other side of the room), but within 10 ft of the router and a different address. Thoughts?

Ran a full factory reset through my headset also* no better

:)

Ryan Alquist, Sep 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Sound and connection

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Ryan

May I know if you tried using a different game(S)? This helps to isolate the issue a bit more
    Also, if you don't use headphones, the sound works as expected?

And, both headsets was connected via wireless? Can you try with wired headsets (Or connect your headsets via cable if one of then have the feature)
  3. Dynamic Sausage Win User

Sound bar connection

Optical is by far the best audio connection method. I think you may be confusing this with what you have called "coaxial" as this is the primary input method for most modern sound bars. I could be wrong, but it seems more likely.

As for the AUX, that's only really added so people can plug in iPods and phones etc. Of course, there's nothing to stop you using that method for your TV but it's not usually the reason it's implemented.
  4. Ryan26 Win User

Connecting To A Sound System

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it very much! Happy Holidays!
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Connecting To A Sound System

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for coming to the forums. You can submit an idea on
    Xbox Ideas
    to see if they can add it in. This probably comes down to the manufacturer also.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sound delay when using soundbar while Playing BfV

You say the TV is connected by arc to the sound bar. What is arc? Perhaps that is the problem. Is there a way to connect the sound bar directly to the TV?
Thema:

Sound and connection

1. Sound and connection - Similar Threads - Sound connection

2. My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected: I have a Razer Barracuda X which comes with a microphone. In the first day of using it I had both the sound and mic working but the next the mic started causing my headset to stop playing sound....
  3. Headphones only right side sound is coming when connected to pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones only right side sound is coming when connected to pc.: Recently I have bought a Red Gear Clock Gaming Headphone (Wired) from Amazon. When I connect it to any mobile phone or tablet the sound comes properly on both side but when I connect it to my...
  4. Series X, Console thinks headset is connected, So TV has no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X, Console thinks headset is connected, So TV has no sound: Hi All, My 2 day old Series X does not provide sound to my TV. It previously did. I had watched Netflix. Later I played online with friends. The next day when I got on, I was asked to do an...
  5. I want to know If there any video and sound adaptor to connect my xbox to my laptop screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know If there any video and sound adaptor to connect my xbox to my laptop screen.: Hello, I am going to buy a new Xbox but I have a problem. I don't have a 120hz monitor or tv for it. i will like to see if there is a way I can connect the Xbox with an HDMI cable to my laptop...
  6. Sound bar connection problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound bar connection problems: I am trying to directing connect a sound bar to my xbox one because I am using a monitor and I have connected it but still no sound. I have done some research and saw I might need to change the...
  7. PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected.: Hi, I tried to connect my PS4 controller via Bluetooth and connect my headphones to the built in jack in the controller, but no sound is coming out of the headphones. I already had DS4Windows...
  8. Headset mic sounds terrible to other people when it's connected to the pc but sounds fine...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic sounds terrible to other people when it's connected to the pc but sounds fine...: So as title says, my headset mic sounds perfectly fine because it's connected to my xbox one controller. When i try to connect it to my pc, it sounds horrible. My xbox controller is connected to...
  9. Just got the Arctis 7x and noticed a buzzing/humming sound when connected through wireless.

in XboX Insiders
    Just got the Arctis 7x and noticed a buzzing/humming sound when connected through wireless.: Literally just got the headset and there is this loud buzzing sound when just sitting on the Home Screen of the series x. Is there any fix for this or should I return it to the store? I also have...
  10. Screen goes black when Series X connects via ARC using new Sound Bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen goes black when Series X connects via ARC using new Sound Bar: Hello, I recently purchased a TCL soundbar to use dolby atmos and I have been in love. The only frustration is that my picture on my Vizio TV goes dark although I still hear audio. This will...