Sound bar connection problems

Discus and support Sound bar connection problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to directing connect a sound bar to my xbox one because I am using a monitor and I have connected it but still no sound. I have done some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by briank339, Jan 8, 2022.

1. briank339
    briank339 Guest

I am trying to directing connect a sound bar to my xbox one because I am using a monitor and I have connected it but still no sound. I have done some research and saw I might need to change the bitstream out settings but they are not found under the audio tab. Any suggestions or tips to solve this?

:)

briank339, Jan 8, 2022
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sound delay when using soundbar while Playing BfV

You say the TV is connected by arc to the sound bar. What is arc? Perhaps that is the problem. Is there a way to connect the sound bar directly to the TV?
  3. XBF - Amory Win User

With the newer Xbox update, the option you're looking for (Bitstream out) has been simplified and changed to just Speaker audio. You can find this by going to Settings > General > Volume & audio output, and then you can select which type of audio you want the Xbox to push out instead. The type of audio available to you will depend on the hardware you have plugged in to the Xbox.

Also, can you confirm specifically which model Xbox console you're using, as well as the TV model?

In the meantime, for an Xbox One console (either the Original Xbox One, Xbox One S/X, or Xbox One Digital Edition), you will want to connect the digital audio wire directly from the console to the sound bar, following the directions found here: Connect your Xbox console to a sound system | Xbox Support.

I may be able to provide better troubleshooting once I have the details.
  4. Dynamic Sausage Win User

Sound bar connection

Optical is by far the best audio connection method. I think you may be confusing this with what you have called "coaxial" as this is the primary input method for most modern sound bars. I could be wrong, but it seems more likely.

As for the AUX, that's only really added so people can plug in iPods and phones etc. Of course, there's nothing to stop you using that method for your TV but it's not usually the reason it's implemented.
  5. Magic Soldier Win User

Xbox One - Low Sound on Sony HT-RT5 Soundbar

Does the sound bar have an optical connection? You could TRY connecting the Xbox to sound bar directly (pretty cheap cables on amazon) and see if that rectifies it...
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox One X and Lg Sk8y soundbar Dolby atmos

Sorry to hear it. At this time I'm afraid the only way to get Atmos to the sound bar is to direct connect it to the console. If you have multiple connection options for your sound bar I would suggest looking into connecting it separately for the Xbox.
Thema:

1. Sound bar connection problems - Similar Threads - Sound bar connection

2. Xbox game bar makes me sound like a robot.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar makes me sound like a robot.: So earlier today, I updated xbox game bar in the store. I was talking to my friends in a party and everything was working fine. After I did the update, they told me I sound like a robot. I have...
  3. xbox game bar mic no sound

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game bar mic no sound: I like the xbox game bar and I use it every day, but for some reason when I use the record last 30s feature my microphone is not recorded, do you have a solution, thank you.....
  4. Screen goes black when Series X connects via ARC using new Sound Bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen goes black when Series X connects via ARC using new Sound Bar: Hello, I recently purchased a TCL soundbar to use dolby atmos and I have been in love. The only frustration is that my picture on my Vizio TV goes dark although I still hear audio. This will...
  5. Xbox one connect to sound bar via hdmi arc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one connect to sound bar via hdmi arc: Hello, I just bought Kilpsch sound bar RSB-6 with HDMI arc function. However, it doesnt work whe I connect Xbox with RSB-6, from where connects wuth another HDMI wire to TV arc port. (Toshiba...
  6. Xbox series x, connecting sound bar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x, connecting sound bar: So i have the series x arriving next week and i hear it has no optical ports i use a sound bar with my xbox one s through optical directly from the one s to the sound bar how will i use my sound...
  7. XBOX One won't connect to VIZIO SB3622n-E8 sound bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX One won't connect to VIZIO SB3622n-E8 sound bar: Hey, so I just got a VIZIO soundbar but my TV (WestingHouse) does not have a digital optical audio port so i figured id connect the soundbar to my xbox one but the soundbar seems to not connect to...
  8. Connection Sound Bar Using HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection Sound Bar Using HDMI: I want to connect my Vizio sound bar using HDMI ARC. My sound bar has this option (two HDMI ports). I tried the optical connection first and it worked fine, but hooking everything up using HDMI is...
  9. How to connect sound bar and xb1

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect sound bar and xb1: Just bought an ilive 37 in sb. I currently have my direct and tv running to my xbox 1. How do I connect my sb so that I can get sound when watching TV and playing games? Sound bar has red/white...
  10. Sound bar connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound bar connection: I've just brought a sound bar with 4 slots. 2 RCA (Red & White), Coaxial and an AUX. At the moment i have my xbox connected to my TV via HDMI and then the sound bar connected to the TV via the RCA...