Sound in Fortnite

Discus and support Sound in Fortnite in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an issue with chat in Fortnite my son can chat in any other game, and on Xbox home screen, but as soon as he loads Fortnite he cannot hear his... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NB3000, Oct 6, 2019.

1. NB3000
    NB3000 Guest

Sound in Fortnite

I have an issue with chat in Fortnite my son can chat in any other game, and on Xbox home screen, but as soon as he loads Fortnite he cannot hear his friends? He can still chat tho. Have tried resetting Fortnite settings. Any other ideas??

Headset is working fine

:)

NB3000, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Nick B TS Win User

Sound in Fortnite

the game was stored on an external storage when I went into it - moving it back to internal fixed the issue

thanks for the help :)
  3. Tarnend Win User

Sound in Fortnite

Thats a new one on me...... i was having an issue with black ops 4 freezing on an external drive (an official microsoft one) but had to move that to the internal drive to fix the issue.
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Sound in Fortnite

Hello NB3000!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I first suggest uninstalling / reinstalling the game.

Manage storage on Xbox One

The fact that you're only having issues with this one game would lead us to believe it's an issue with the game and not

the console or your accessories.

Try it out and let us know if it helps!

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Fortnite sound issue

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with sound in Fortnite. If the issue is only happening on one game the error may be present with the folder. Have you tried

uninstalling
    and
    re-installing
    Fortnite?

Another thing you may want check the in-game audio settings.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Fortnite sound issue

Try removing the account from the console deleting the game, doing a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on, and then re-adding the account. Finally download the game again.

If you still have issues post at the game developer forums for in-game problems
Thema:

Sound in Fortnite

1. Sound in Fortnite - Similar Threads - Sound Fortnite

2. Lost sound and remote issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost sound and remote issues: Lost sound using headphones with remote adapter Then remote froze. After rebooting would work for a few minutes then quit agai . System shut down on it's own. Had to reenter info like it was a new...
  3. No sound from headset on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound from headset on Xbox One X: Hi there, I've had my Xbox One X for five months now - it's my first console - and today I encountered a problem with my headset. I had been gaming, left the device alone for about half an hour...
  4. Buzzinh sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buzzinh sound: So when i inserted a game this night into my xbox one s ot made a real loud buzzing sound so i got it out and now if i insert a disc it makes a buzzing sound thats realy loud i dont want to send...
  5. Using 3.5mm jack, don't know why sound stopped working. How do I turn back on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using 3.5mm jack, don't know why sound stopped working. How do I turn back on?: In controller settings the cursor skips past volume 8ae89468-465d-4a99-8685-0cad60f6f2a1
  6. Sound Distortion

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound Distortion: For some reason whenever I turn my Xbox one on it has a weird sound distortion thing that wont go away. It lasts 4 seconds and makes all audio distorted and makes everything sound like a robot. It...
  7. Missing Xbox one dash sound effects using soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing Xbox one dash sound effects using soundbar: Hi I have recently bought a lg soundbar and have noticed that the sound effect for moving through different tiles on the dash or options and setting has disappeared. I still get a sound for...
  8. Streaming Fortnite using Twitch app from Microsoft store - sound issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming Fortnite using Twitch app from Microsoft store - sound issues: Hi all, Doing a search on these forums I've seen some people having problems with different games - when playing with non-Xbox friends they oter participants voice is not heard on the stream....
  9. Fortnite sound issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite sound issue: I have sound when I turn on the xbox, load fortnite, and in the lobby. As soon as a game starts the the TV is completely silent. Once it ends there's sound again. I played a game on a different...
  10. Fortnite, No sound in game??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite, No sound in game??: all my other games sound in game is fine and on the xbox interface sound is as normal but fortnite has no game sound in lobby game or anything. I have checked the in game sound setting and set...