Sound in Fortnite

Discus and support Sound in Fortnite in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an issue with chat in Fortnite my son can chat in any other game, and on Xbox home screen, but as soon as he loads Fortnite he cannot hear his... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NB3000, Oct 6, 2019.

1. NB3000
    NB3000 Guest

Sound in Fortnite

I have an issue with chat in Fortnite my son can chat in any other game, and on Xbox home screen, but as soon as he loads Fortnite he cannot hear his friends? He can still chat tho. Have tried resetting Fortnite settings. Any other ideas??

Headset is working fine

:)

NB3000, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Nick B TS Win User

Sound in Fortnite

the game was stored on an external storage when I went into it - moving it back to internal fixed the issue

thanks for the help :)
  3. Tarnend Win User

Sound in Fortnite

Thats a new one on me...... i was having an issue with black ops 4 freezing on an external drive (an official microsoft one) but had to move that to the internal drive to fix the issue.
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Sound in Fortnite

Hello NB3000!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I first suggest uninstalling / reinstalling the game.

Manage storage on Xbox One

The fact that you're only having issues with this one game would lead us to believe it's an issue with the game and not

the console or your accessories.

Try it out and let us know if it helps!

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. Mr daffypyle Win User

I can't select game or party chat on fortnite

1. Sign out Fortnite, then sign back in.
    2. Install the latest Fortnite patch.
    3. Update your sound card driver.
    4. Make sure your microphone is on for Fortnite.
    5. Check your audio settings.
    6. Reinstall Fortnite
    7. .

6. Psychonaut169 Win User

items I bought arnt appearing

Sounds like you need to contact fortnite
Thema:

Sound in Fortnite

1. Sound in Fortnite - Similar Threads - Sound Fortnite

2. Sound issue in multiple xbox game pass games on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound issue in multiple xbox game pass games on pc: Hi, some of game pass games in the xbox app have their sounds completely replaced by higher pitched noises. For example bridge constructor portal and undermine are just pure high pitched...
  3. Sound and playing with others

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound and playing with others: I have changed every setting possible on Xbox one but still we cannot a) join friends on Roblox b) communicate over the microphone. We are at a loss. fae180ad-1978-43dd-81dd-be84af35c1d1
  4. Sound issue on Red Dead Redemption 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound issue on Red Dead Redemption 2: Hi guys, I tried to post this on the rockstar support but their website just do not work for me, it keeps loading without ever showing up anything. Anyway. Since I think around a month, whenever...
  5. Rigg 800 xl no sound during gameplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rigg 800 xl no sound during gameplay: I've been using headset with no problem but today I turn it on and I hear it connect I hear button sounds but get into game and no sound. I'm on a Xbox one. 3bf5c126-5d87-460a-aa2c-946717cd8d29
  6. Ingame Sound Problems with a new Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ingame Sound Problems with a new Controller: Hello, I've bought a new wired controller (Spectra PowerA) and I've got sound problems in games since I'm using it. Sound is super silent and alot of noise just gets canceled midway or...
  7. : No sound on tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : No sound on tv: : No sound on tv I can't get the sound on my TV to work through my xbox, the settings seem OK but it just won't work? 6c0a204d-168a-4999-a80e-1a74a1d3e309
  8. Streaming Fortnite using Twitch app from Microsoft store - sound issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming Fortnite using Twitch app from Microsoft store - sound issues: Hi all, Doing a search on these forums I've seen some people having problems with different games - when playing with non-Xbox friends they oter participants voice is not heard on the stream....
  9. Fortnite sound issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite sound issue: I have sound when I turn on the xbox, load fortnite, and in the lobby. As soon as a game starts the the TV is completely silent. Once it ends there's sound again. I played a game on a different...
  10. Fortnite, No sound in game??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite, No sound in game??: all my other games sound in game is fine and on the xbox interface sound is as normal but fortnite has no game sound in lobby game or anything. I have checked the in game sound setting and set...