Sound stops working completely when I switch apps.

Discus and support Sound stops working completely when I switch apps. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Okay, so I havent messed with any settings, but my sound stops working randomly. When i switch apps, games, etc... The sound just stops conpletely, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DavidFalin, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:02 PM.

1. DavidFalin
    DavidFalin Guest

Okay, so I havent messed with any settings, but my sound stops working randomly. When i switch apps, games, etc... The sound just stops conpletely, and the only way I get the sound back is by restarting the xbox. When I listen to spotify, it will
    stop working at random times also, at first I thought it was a headset issue, until I turned the tv up to see if I could hear the game that way, then I figured it was a HDMI issue but, I’ve tried other ones, and it still does the same thing. I have no idea
    what to do.

:)

2. DavidFalin Win User

It stops when I don’t even use my headset though, like I’ll be listening to music on spotify, and the sound stops half way through a song at times. I have 2 different tvs, so I tried it on my other tv, and realized tv wasn’t an issue either. Like I have
    no idea what to do. Lol
  3. MayoNazed Win User

Go into your settings and see if you can update your firmware. I had the same issue.
  4. DavidFalin Win User

Yes, I have. Unless theres a certain setting to just stop xbox app noises. Like when I scroll through the xbox to pick an app, the scrolling sound is still there, just not the sound of actual apps, game sound, etc.
  5. 1Testimony Win User

Have you checked your Volume and audio output settings to see if they are correct?
  6. Uxdate Win User

it could possibly be your headset
Thema:

1. Sound stops working completely when I switch apps. - Similar Threads - Sound stops working

2. Fallout 76 - Sound Stops Working when In Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 76 - Sound Stops Working when In Game: Hello, I have been playing Fallout 76 with no problems until the past few days. Now I have an issue with the sound not working in game. The sound works on the Xbox Menus, Other Apps, and...
  3. Sound stopped working after January 9th update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound stopped working after January 9th update: Hi guys. Just turned my xbox one x on and i have no sound through HDMI. All was fine last night. I noticed there was an update last night and now. Its gone. Randomly through USB its fine on my...
  4. HDMI sound stopped working suddenly on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI sound stopped working suddenly on Xbox 360: HDMI sound stopped working suddenly 360 My Xbox 360 sound stopped working today, i played yesterday & all night then this morning no sound i tried using another hdmi cord, changing tv outputs...
  5. Using 3.5mm jack, don't know why sound stopped working. How do I turn back on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using 3.5mm jack, don't know why sound stopped working. How do I turn back on?: In controller settings the cursor skips past volume 8ae89468-465d-4a99-8685-0cad60f6f2a1
  6. My xbox one s controller sound suddenly stopped working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s controller sound suddenly stopped working.: Hello. Last night i was playing xbox with my new controller i bought a couple months ago. This morning i then woke up to discover that no sound will come from the controller when i plug my headset...
  7. Sound in game has stopped working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound in game has stopped working: I started playing AC Origins, on Xbox One, two days ago and it worked fine, this is a downloaded copy. I played it yesterday and it was still fine. Today when I turned it on there was no sound in...
  8. WHY DID SOUND STOPPED WORKING ON ALL HEADSETS

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY DID SOUND STOPPED WORKING ON ALL HEADSETS: Hi, my son is all of the sudden having problems with sound headset not working. It was working for a minute and then quit and now not working at all. We have checked the NAP to make sure it is...
  9. Astro A40 Headset Game Sound stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40 Headset Game Sound stopped working: So I am in the current preview program and i got an update a while ago that made the sound in my astros stop working. I thought my headset was broken but it works fine in the 360. I tried opt out...
  10. HDMI sound stopped working suddenly 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI sound stopped working suddenly 360: I woke up this morning, turned on my xbox 360 nd no sound. I have it set up with a hdmi cable. Everything worked fine for the past 4 or 5 months. First problem ive had with it. My turtlebeaches...