Spam account problems fix suggestion

Discus and support Spam account problems fix suggestion in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't find anywhere on the xbox site to make suggestions so i figured id put it here. There has been a lot of spam accounts on xbox lately and there... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by whitewolf1333, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Spam account problems fix suggestion

I can't find anywhere on the xbox site to make suggestions so i figured id put it here. There has been a lot of spam accounts on xbox lately and there hasnt been many effective fixes. Now xbox offers many free games with achievements available, i believe
    new accounts with 0 gamerscore should have to earn at least 3 achievements total before gaining messaging privileges (not voice over party or game) just messaging privileges to people who have not added the account in question. I think its a simple and easy
    fix with minimal restriction for patrons who actually use the console for its intended purpose.

:)

whitewolf1333, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Itcharoo Win User

I can't find anywhere on the xbox site to make suggestions so i figured id put it here. There has been a lot of spam accounts on xbox lately and there hasnt been many effective fixes. Now xbox offers many free games with achievements available,
    i believe new accounts with 0 gamerscore should have to earn at least 3 achievements total before gaining messaging privileges (not voice over party or game) just messaging privileges to people who have not added the account in question. I think its a simple
    and easy fix with minimal restriction for patrons who actually use the console for its intended purpose.
    Aha so it's not just me ! I have been getting really weird no gamer score profiles message me "hey what you doing?" and all but 1 I didn't engage and just blocked. The reply to one just added 3 more to send messsages at once :(. This would be a great idea
    but it probably goes against their all inclusive community standards. Being that every gamer should be allowed to chat and communicate. Maybe just a clear and simple way to report (maybe new button in report like spam account) as from what I could find there
    was nothing to report such account only Bad langauge etc.
  3. MuddyAmoeba Win User

It doesnt need to be done at the senders end. Give me a filter at my end with a range of options. For example only receive messages from users that meet certain criteria...

block based on location

block based on user ‘play’ time

block based on achievements earned or gamerscore.

This way the spammers are still sending messages, but I dont have see them or bother dealing with them.
  4. Alan90 Win User

5. MobileMattw Win User

This isn't a bad idea but I feel the spammers will always find a way around things.
  6. The1mightyjk Win User

It is a problem. Would suggest a program for new accounts, a welcome to xbox type thing. Would slow the creation of spam accounts, and be useful to new players.
Thema:

1. Spam account problems fix suggestion - Similar Threads - Spam account problems

2. Somebody wants to falsely spam report my account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Somebody wants to falsely spam report my account!: I am really in need of help, the user (Mod Removed - Personal Information) said last night he was going to report my account over and over on his normal account and other accounts. I really don't...
  3. Spam Bot Accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spam Bot Accounts: I'm unsure of how many people are bothered by this but I've been frequently getting friend requests/followers from brand new accounts with 0 activity and respond to any messages with pre-made...
  4. Please Read... Spam & Fake Accounts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please Read... Spam & Fake Accounts.: Or you could just talk to the bot long enough to find out the website they want you to go to, and do a whois. For any team working on this: I tried contacting the owner of the website that I...
  5. Bot accounts spam me asking for nudes or my credit card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bot accounts spam me asking for nudes or my credit card: I am tired of this, and I don't even know how it started but it is the 6 th time in two weeks that some new account with 0 gamerscore asks me for my credit card or nudes. I've reported every...
  6. 0 gamerscore account spamming/friend requests should be a thing again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    0 gamerscore account spamming/friend requests should be a thing again.: So here recently I've been getting random notifications letting me know that someone has added me as a friend. Without any hesitation I immediately block whomever adds me without first messaging...
  7. Account gamer-pic violation because salty nerds spam reported me FeelzBadMan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account gamer-pic violation because salty nerds spam reported me FeelzBadMan: My gamerpic that i made 4 yrs ago depicting hatune miku turning off the camera was suspended even though it dosnt violate the Tos and Im salty prob gonna **** cuz i spent my morning writing this...
  8. My account is being spammed and I got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account is being spammed and I got banned: Hi I have a huge problem. I'm an xbox live day one member. I love the service and have invested much money and time into the service over the years. It would be many many thousands that have gone...
  9. Spam accounts problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spam accounts problem: there is much too many spam accounts that like hundreds of clips over time i just had 10 like my screenshot from friday the 13th bbee4bff-34dc-4988-a078-e0800e59fad4
  10. Spam Accounts Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spam Accounts Problem: Hello, fellow Xbox players. As most of you may know, sometimes we receive Xbox Messages from Spam Accounts, messages that say things like "FREE APPLE WATCH! Click the link below!". It's usually no...