Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account

Discus and support Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Any advice on how to remove my outlook email account from my son's microsoft/xbox account without deleting wither account? I have added an alias... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DanielleH3, Jul 12, 2019.

1. DanielleH3
    DanielleH3 Guest

Hi, Any advice on how to remove my outlook email account from my son's microsoft/xbox account without deleting wither account?

I have added an alias account and made as primary - it only attaches my outlook account to that name which I dont want....

:)

DanielleH3, Jul 12, 2019
  2. IRB Win User

Hi

That isn't possible, if I'm reading what you want to do correctly. You can't remove a Microsoft email address (Hotmail, outlook etc) from one account and add it to another. I believe removing it will loose access to that email address forever.

The changing of email addresses is meant for accounts created using 3rd party email providers.

Sorry.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Danielle,

The one thing you can do in this case, is change the primary email to your sons. Make sure you leave your outlook as a secondary on the account. If you do remove it, you will lose access to that email. As long as it is still on the account you will be able
    to use it like normal. Also, it will be like a second way to recover your sons account, if he ever forgets password or something.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

I had a similar issue myself, I was instructed to create a new account for my son first so that email could be attached to his xbox. From my experience this is the only way to keep from losing access to both the gamertag your son uses for the xbox and
    your email account.
  5. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Hi.
    I recommend that you contact technical support directly and that they can help you with your question or with the change procedure if there is one, because if you do something wrong, you may lose your xbox account
  6. AridLizard Win User

Thema:

1. Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account - Similar Threads - Spearate outlook account

2. How to......Transfer Xbox games to another new/created Outlook or Xbox account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to......Transfer Xbox games to another new/created Outlook or Xbox account?: I am Richard Corbin. A minor "[Mod Removed- Personal Information]" lived next door. His parent at the time was not computer literate nor did she have a Credit Card. She bought him an Xbox a few...
  3. Microsoft Store Xbox outlook account billing info wrong can’t fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store Xbox outlook account billing info wrong can’t fix: Hi I am not sure how to explain this 1) i live in and my account info says im in canada 2) i have a credit card on file when i check and it says for ‘purchases in canada’ 3) currently im...
  4. outlook e-mail child used for xbox with subscription automatically paid by parent

in XBoX Accessibility
    outlook e-mail child used for xbox with subscription automatically paid by parent: Hello, I made an account on my son's XBox X with my own hotmail account, but I did not buy a subscription, because I don't play. My son set it up on his own microsoft e-mail with a subscription...
  5. XBOX Clouddata Transfer from 1 outlook acc. to a hotmail acc

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Clouddata Transfer from 1 outlook acc. to a hotmail acc: Hi there, I got my old account from hotmail and all my games are stored there. (Forza 6, 7 Horizon 2,3,4) Now 2 days ago i bought myself with the hotmail account forza horizon 4. Unfortunately...
  6. Outlook says Xblx Live Rewards email is unsafe

in XBoX Rewards
    Outlook says Xblx Live Rewards email is unsafe: So, got what I think is a legitimate email from Xbox Live Rewards. Has my nick, avatar, and points etc. Problem is when I click on any link, Outlook blocks it as unsafe! Is this an error or is...
  7. Change xBox Email Account From Outlook To Outlook

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change xBox Email Account From Outlook To Outlook: I am the head of our family account (@live) and years back I created a single account (@outlook with restrictions) for both my children to share for xBox purposes. Now that they are older and play...
  8. Xbox child account has stopped my logging into my outlook email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox child account has stopped my logging into my outlook email: My son has a child x box live account which is linked to my hotmail address. It has now overtaken my settings of my hotmail account and its set that as a child and I can't access my email without...
  9. Compte outlook et xbox live suspendu temporairement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Compte outlook et xbox live suspendu temporairement: j'ai le message suivant quand j'essaie de me connecter mon compte: Votre compte a été temporairement suspendu Quelqu’un a peut-être utilisé votre compte [Mod Removed] pour envoyer des pourriels...
  10. Replace email of a pre-existing xbox account with a pre-existing outlook account? Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replace email of a pre-existing xbox account with a pre-existing outlook account? Help: So a few years ago when I started playing Xbox I made my first account, this one. So after a couple of summers of playing games and getting them I decided to make my own outlook account. So when...