Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account

Discus and support Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Any advice on how to remove my outlook email account from my son's microsoft/xbox account without deleting wither account? I have added an alias... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DanielleH3, Jul 12, 2019.

1. DanielleH3
    DanielleH3 Guest

Hi, Any advice on how to remove my outlook email account from my son's microsoft/xbox account without deleting wither account?

I have added an alias account and made as primary - it only attaches my outlook account to that name which I dont want....

:)

DanielleH3, Jul 12, 2019
  2. IRB Win User

Hi

That isn't possible, if I'm reading what you want to do correctly. You can't remove a Microsoft email address (Hotmail, outlook etc) from one account and add it to another. I believe removing it will loose access to that email address forever.

The changing of email addresses is meant for accounts created using 3rd party email providers.

Sorry.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Danielle,

The one thing you can do in this case, is change the primary email to your sons. Make sure you leave your outlook as a secondary on the account. If you do remove it, you will lose access to that email. As long as it is still on the account you will be able
    to use it like normal. Also, it will be like a second way to recover your sons account, if he ever forgets password or something.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

I had a similar issue myself, I was instructed to create a new account for my son first so that email could be attached to his xbox. From my experience this is the only way to keep from losing access to both the gamertag your son uses for the xbox and
    your email account.
  5. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Hi.
    I recommend that you contact technical support directly and that they can help you with your question or with the change procedure if there is one, because if you do something wrong, you may lose your xbox account
  6. AridLizard Win User

Thema:

1. Spearate outlook account from xbox/microsoft account - Similar Threads - Spearate outlook account

2. Xbox Konto von Emailadresse 1( Outlook) auf Emailadresse 2 ( xyz ) incl. Software ( Games )...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Konto von Emailadresse 1( Outlook) auf Emailadresse 2 ( xyz ) incl. Software ( Games )...: Hi, kurze frage... ich moechte meine email Adresse behalten ohne diese zu loeschen. moechte aber das meine xbox auf eine komplett neue email Adresse läuft und dort auch alle gekauften spiele...
  3. How can I log into Gamepass PC Beta with my Xbox Live email and not my main Outlook email?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I log into Gamepass PC Beta with my Xbox Live email and not my main Outlook email?: So I have 2 emails, my main outlook and my new one I made for Xbox Live/Gamepass. When I try to log into the game pass PC beta it defaults to my main outlook email and not the one for my Xbox...
  4. keeps making me sign in my outlook account can't play game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    keeps making me sign in my outlook account can't play game: Cant play game keeps making me add password 429e0ffe-590b-4b36-b7e3-a0da1f3b37f2
  5. How to transfer my Xbox subscriptions, gametag, and games to new outlook account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer my Xbox subscriptions, gametag, and games to new outlook account: Hi Team, I wanted to transfer all my Xbox related content to a new Microsoft Account (Don't want to use one of the existing alias by making them primary). Importantly, I don't want to lose any...
  6. Signing in on the Xbox the same hotmail/outlook email problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Signing in on the Xbox the same hotmail/outlook email problem?: My buddy can't sign into his Xbox with his old Hotmail address, it only lets him use outlook.com address. He started a new account but it only lets him sign into his old account using outlook....
  7. opening outlook box on my laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    opening outlook box on my laptop: Iwhen I click on the outlook box sign to be opened I rcv the following message: modify yr profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft exchange information service " unquote . how...
  8. stören Xbox Account and connected to another Outlook Account(Not froh me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    stören Xbox Account and connected to another Outlook Account(Not froh me): okay, i gut a big Problem. But lets start AT the beginnen. I played Gta 5 online and one guy asked me if i want to have an unlockall or unlimited money. I toll him that i dont wanted to get...
  9. Xbox and outlook

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox and outlook: Hi My son uses my account for his xbox but I want to ensure he cant access my emails via outlook. How can i change my settings as I believe my X-wife is using this to monitor what I do. if I...
  10. Change XBLive account to another Outlook email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change XBLive account to another Outlook email: I have 2 Hotmail accounts (Now Under the Outlook Banner) My XBLive account is under an email address that i barely use and do not want to use anymore. How do i migrate My XBLive account over to...