Spec about HDR Recording

Discus and support Spec about HDR Recording in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I found out that Xbox supports HDR capture for HDR games. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/capture-4k-HDR-game-clips-and-screenshots I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by suparkzoa, Nov 16, 2019.

1. suparkzoa
    suparkzoa Guest

Spec about HDR Recording

I found out that Xbox supports HDR capture for HDR games.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/capture-4k-HDR-game-clips-and-screenshots

I have a question about the result of recording hdr games. If I do it, what is a bit-depth for HDR10 video? Is it 10-bit or 8-bit?

8-bit hdr video is not familier to me but I have a 8-bit hdr video which is recorded with someone's game play.

Thanks for your kind answer in advance.

:)

suparkzoa, Nov 16, 2019
  2. sandy the hippy Win User

Spec about HDR Recording

A bit more info I found....

"

‘8-bit HDR’
    Some manufacturers will label their televisions as HDR even if they only support 8-bit color. This is because there are 2 different specifications that can classify a TV as having HDR compatibility: contrast
    and color depth.

Contrast is the specification we’re looking at here. Contrast is the difference between the blackest black a panel can produce and the whitest white. Technically, the more nits produced by a panel the whiter
    is can be, so often times manufacturers will meet a certain contrast level and stick the ‘HDR’ sticker on their TV. While this is not going to look as good as something with a 10-bit panel, it will still look quite a bit better than your standard ‘non-HDR’
    8-bit TV."

Not sure how it applies to videos tbf though
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

Spec about HDR Recording

I may be wrong, but hdr REQUIRES 10bit. 8 bit hdr vids aren't actually hdr, as far as I know
  4. FFaithLehane Win User

Recording HDR

unfortunetely there is no one word about HDR
  5. napalm 31337 Win User
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Recording HDR

Thema:

Spec about HDR Recording

1. Spec about HDR Recording - Similar Threads - Spec HDR Recording

2. MWF Multiplayer Pack 2 and Spec ops Pack 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MWF Multiplayer Pack 2 and Spec ops Pack 2: I just got around to playing MWF. But I can do multiplayer or Spec Ops. Im just wanting to play locally (split screen) so I dont have xbox live. i keep gettjbg message that I dont have the packs...
  3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare tells me I need the campaign, multiplayer, and spec ops packs...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare tells me I need the campaign, multiplayer, and spec ops packs...: Hello, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled all packs and the main game for the new call of duty modern warfare. The game loads fine and everything thing seems on the up and up, it even...
  4. Question: PC Specs

in XboX Insiders
    Question: PC Specs: I stream on Xbox1x using the Elgato capture card. Currently using there software but will be switching to OBS soon. I use a Macbook Pro for the streaming portion of my gameplay. I am thinking...
  5. Xbox One Controller Specs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Specs: I understand self repairs discussions are not permitted so I ask this based on personal interest in hardware diagrams focused primarily on circuit boards. In the following photo there are 7...
  6. Digital Foundry: Xbox Project Scarlett Reveal Spec Analysis

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digital Foundry: Xbox Project Scarlett Reveal Spec Analysis: Hi folks, For those of you interested in the technical side of the next Xbox console 'Scarlett' I highly recommend you watch the latest video analysis from the guys over at Digital Foundry:...
  7. XBOX 360 Back Compat games run like they are on a low spec emulator...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX 360 Back Compat games run like they are on a low spec emulator...: Honestly, they have framerate issues all over the place, freezing, audio sync issues, stuttering... its like I'm playing on an emulator on hardware that can't handle it, and I haven't seen this...
  8. How do I remove the white specs that come up when I play Blu-ray discs on the Xbox One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I remove the white specs that come up when I play Blu-ray discs on the Xbox One X?: This issue started a few weeks ago but I have been hoping it would correct itself. I played two rented Blu-ray movies on my Xbox One X but they both have white spots (static) during playback and...
  9. Spec of xbox Adaptive controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Spec of xbox Adaptive controller: Does anyone know the frequency and dBM of xbox Adaptive controller?Thank you very much 6e14b910-ef36-4bab-8cfb-adff605ca3aa
  10. Technical specs for the 3.5mm jacks

in XBoX Accessibility
    Technical specs for the 3.5mm jacks: Hi - I'd like to build my own XAC peripherals. Where can I find the technical specs for the 3.5mm jacks. Specifically what provides a signal across them (voltage, amperage, audio, ???) and are the...