Split my xbox account

Discus and support Split my xbox account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Let me start with the backstory. My Microsoft account has been used with the family Xbox account for many years. I never played Xbox, but I had a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GreenBeanio, May 23, 2020 at 4:12 AM.

1. GreenBeanio
    GreenBeanio Guest

Split my xbox account

Let me start with the backstory. My Microsoft account has been used with the family Xbox account for many years. I never played Xbox, but I had a Microsoft account for office and visual studio, so we used it for the Xbox account. My brother was the one that
    used the Xbox account. The only games on the Xbox account that I have, are Sea of Thieves and Minecraft for Windows 10, both of which are for windows. I have several questions about this.

1: Are the windows games and achievements connected to my Microsoft account or Xbox account. Meaning, if I transfer my Xbox account to a different email will they stay on my Microsoft account or move with it.

2: Is there any way that I can send everything on my Xbox account (games, saves, gamerscore) to another account, but keep the windows stats and games on my Microsoft account.

3: Would it be possible if neither of the other options is possible to wipe my Xbox account of its gamerscore for everything besides the windows games.

In summary. I want to know if it's possible to send everything besides the windows games from my Xbox account to another account.

:)

2. XBF Brad A Win User

Split my xbox account

Hello Green,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. I'm sorry to inform you the option to transfer saved data, achievements and any/or game purchases from another Microsoft Account will not be possible. We currently do not have an available feature. The one
    step we have available is changing the primary email on the Microsoft account.
    You can however set up home consoleon your main profile.
    Note:If you choose to remove an alias that uses a Microsoft domain such as @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, or @live.com, that alias will be completely deleted and will not be available to sign in to any Microsoft
    services. A Microsoft and Xbox account are one and the same. As there is nothing more I will be locking this thread.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. BoyFantasticITA Win User

Splitting an account

Hello Brian,

The family account may solve the issue: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/child-accounts/add-family-member-on-xbox-one

Hope I helped you!

-
  4. BrianMcDonald7 Win User

Splitting an account

They would each need their own accounts in order to be able to sign in at the same time. If they have been playing on the same account until now, it would not be possible to move any progress to a new account.
    Would a family account help remedy this? Would a family account make it possible to by the game once, then allow each child to play the game or does Microsoft for you into buying a game for each child?
  5. ikickbutt003 Win User

Splitting accounts

Hi,

Nope there is no option to split the account, though since you have an xbox one, you can share the games if you created individual accounts for your children including xbox live. though of course, they need to start their progress again with the new accounts.

I hope that helps.
  6. Dadwhite Win User

Splitting accounts

Hi there,

Separate accounts can be created for each user, but you won't be able to transfer their game progress over (unless the game allows that option).

More on creating accounts can be found here:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/add-family-member-on-xbox-one

As for sharing a gold subscription - if they are on an gold account's home Xbox One they will be able to share the gold subscriber's subscription. More on that can be found here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

I hope this helps.
    This is a great option because you as a parent will get weekly status reports on what the child accounts are doing and for how long. You will also get notifications when they purchase items and you can control what they can do and others can see about them.
Thema:

Split my xbox account

1. Split my xbox account - Similar Threads - Split account

2. Microsoft account needs to split users, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account needs to split users, help: I have a Microsoft account that i use for all of my personal/office stuff...Office, skype, email, Outlook, etc. Long ago when youngest got an Xbox i didn't think too much about adding a (child)...
  3. Splitting an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Splitting an account: I have one account and my 2 sons play different games. Due to the COVID 19 i bought another xbox one. The problem is they can not be logged in at the same time. I wanted to know if theres a way...
  4. Splitting Xbox Account from a Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Splitting Xbox Account from a Microsoft Account?: How would one split an Xbox account from a Microsoft account? I don't mean deleting either of them, but to Put the Xbox account on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT Microsoft account. (Not changing...
  5. Splitting a shared account - game progress and office 365

in XBoX on Consoles
    Splitting a shared account - game progress and office 365: Hi I have a microsoft account which my son has been using for years to play his games on his xbox. I use the account for Office 365 and as my windows account. Ideally we would have separate...
  6. Child account can only play on realms via split screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account can only play on realms via split screen.: My daughter's child account has been invited and accepted into a realm several parents put together with our children. I'm the only one that uses Microsoft Family and has her added as a child. She...
  7. Splitting Xbox-Live from Microsoft-Account into new Microsoft-Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Splitting Xbox-Live from Microsoft-Account into new Microsoft-Account: Dear community, I have a serious issue. A few years back i started using the Xbox-Live-Account from my best friend, because he couldn't play anymore for reasons. He still had like 6 months left...
  8. splitting microsoft accounts between two people.

in XBoX Accessibility
    splitting microsoft accounts between two people.: How do you move your own xbox and microsoft account from somebody elses email address without deleting said address? I want to keep all data but change the xbox account to a different email....
  9. Account splitting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account splitting: Hello everyone! I have a question which i can't find a simple answer for, so i hope someone can help me. To start, When we got a xbox 360 for my family to use we all made are own accounts, but...
  10. Family account shared in split household

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family account shared in split household: My sons had an Xbox 360 with one gamertag. I bought an Xbox One and used the original gamertag as the primary tag for a Family account. I added a Child account for my 9yo. Now his dad has...