Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App

Discus and support Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I use display capture in Streamlabs OBS and the Xbox Companion App to broadcast to Twitch. Currently both game audio and party chat are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by C2aldaway, May 7, 2020.

1. C2aldaway
    C2aldaway Guest

Hello,

I use display capture in Streamlabs OBS and the Xbox Companion App to broadcast to Twitch. Currently both game audio and party chat are broadcasted when playing with friends as both fall into “Desktop Audio” in Streamlabs. I’m looking for ways to not include
    party chat in the broadcast, which is an option if you stream Twitch directly from the Xbox. Basically, I still want to use the Xbox companion app to chat in a party while also streaming my console, but I don’t want the party chat coming through and I haven’t
    found a method to solve that other than muting the party in the app. I’d appreciate any suggestions.

:)

C2aldaway, May 7, 2020
  2. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Hi There,

There are some headsets that split game and chat audio into separate connections, my Steelseries headset allows this so it does not use the same audio connections. However I have seen a few tricks that people do where they change around the communication
    device on their pc set it in StreamLabs and then set it back, so you would hear it but the stream wont. If you google "exclude party chat from streamlabs" there are a few YouTube tutorials on how to accomplish this.
  3. AustinM2 Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

I stream using the OBS software and capture the Xbox Companion App. Regardless, if i were to attempt to use the app as intended to wirelessly stream the Xbox on my laptop, I am unable to hear the in-game chat of certain games. I do not know if this falls
    more on the shoulders of the game developers or is an issue with the Xbox and the Xbox Companion App.

If I were to utilize the Twitch app on the Xbox I experience issues with in-game chat as well. I have to set up a private party then re-enter game chat for it to work and the in-game chat is still not broadcasted to the twitch network. Party chat is broadcasted
    when others include their audio voluntarily, but there doesn’t seem to be a way for in-game chat to be given the same option.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox Console Desktop Application Issues

So to verify, this is the rebranded Xbox Console Companion app? What used to be the Xbox app prior to the Xbox (beta) app for Xbox Game Pass PC? And the situation is that you want to stream the game from the console via the App, and then stream to your
    platform of choice (Mixer, Twitch, YouTube, etc) from the PC capturing the game from the streaming, and the audio from Party Chat via the Xbox App? What are you using to stream, the built in Game Bar?

Further details on how your set up, and what you're trying to do can assist in further identifying the best troubleshooting steps.

I do know that if you're in a party on the Xbox, and streaming natively, that it requires the others opt in via the party to include their audio. Are you sure users are doing that in your LFG or not on your friends list?
  5. darkist1 Win User

Xbox Companion app and streaming on twitch

Hi InFi,

as far as i know, this is either only capable over a game capture card. or potentially with some work around streaming over the companion app.

On a capture card you just share party chat audio to Speakers and Headphones, that should have a similar effect on ingame chat.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

Hi AustinM2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Are you streaming to Twitch directly from the Twitch app on the Xbox? Or are you streaming your Xbox One to your PC through the Xbox Console Companion app? Are you using party chat on the Xbox, or a party through the Xbox Companion app?

What you are describing is by design using the Xbox Live party chats because the servers for the chat are separate from the in-game chat servers. Xbox Live parties effectively mute in-game chat, and mute yourself from in-game chat as well because as I mentioned
    previously, party chats and in-game chats run on different servers. Xbox Live parties are more private channels for chatting with friends, so the muting aspect is by design. I believe this is why many Twitch streamers use Discord since you can hear both the
    Discord chat and in-game chat at the same time.
Thema:

1. Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App - Similar Threads - Split Party Chat

2. Split my xbox account

in XBoX on Windows
    Split my xbox account: Let me start with the backstory. My Microsoft account has been used with the family Xbox account for many years. I never played Xbox, but I had a Microsoft account for office and visual studio, so...
  3. Hydro Thunder split screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hydro Thunder split screen: I just downloaded the game so I can play it with my kids and for the life of me I can't figure out how to sign in a second player. It keeps asking me to download a profile and even when I sign in...
  4. Minecraft split screen won’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft split screen won’t work: I was playing with my litle sister but we wanted to change the resource pack to the regular minecraft one, and now it wont give me the prompt to let her controller play? I dont know what to do to...
  5. Split screen to split screen online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split screen to split screen online: Very specific question. Is it possible to play split screen to split screen online? Borderlands GOTY. Me and my wife play split screen on our tv. Our friends across town play split screen...
  6. Split payment with in game content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment with in game content: Hello everyone, I was wondering if it's possible to make a split payment for in game purchases? I've currently got £4.01 on my Microsoft account. The item i wanted, is in game points and it...
  7. Split screen for mind craft two players cannot do this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split screen for mind craft two players cannot do this?: Have xbox 360 and not on live but offline. Been told to use hdmi but still cant do two players. Help? Thanks Daniel b0122a23-9c9c-4241-b0b1-8a07e62f6297
  8. COD BO4 Split screen choppy gameplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD BO4 Split screen choppy gameplay: Need some help from y’all. I bought this game about 3 weeks ago on xbox one x, and me and my wife have been playing splitscreen multiplayer games online. Its been a blast, but the last 4 days it...
  9. Split screen possible with multiplayer/party with COD Ww2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split screen possible with multiplayer/party with COD Ww2: Hello, We recently bought a second Xbox one. We want to play a private party in our house. Upstairs we want to go split screen and downstairs will have one player. We can create the party...
  10. Party Chat with Split-screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat with Split-screen: My brother and my sister-in-law play split-screen on Call of Duty while I play on my own console. They have 2 gold profiles, 2 controllers, and 2 headsets. Though getting party chat set up was a...