Splitting a shared account - game progress and office 365

Discus and support Splitting a shared account - game progress and office 365 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have a microsoft account which my son has been using for years to play his games on his xbox. I use the account for Office 365 and as my windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by McLean22, Jan 15, 2020.

1. McLean22
    McLean22 Guest

Hi

I have a microsoft account which my son has been using for years to play his games on his xbox. I use the account for Office 365 and as my windows account.

Ideally we would have separate accounts ... in an ideal world we would create a new account for him and transfer all his game progress over ... but I think that isn't possible or very difficult to do?

So is it possible for him to keep the account, me to create a new account and then move the Office 365 subscription over to my account? I use OneDrive significantly but presumably I could just move that over too?

Any thoughts/help/advice gratefully received.

Thanks

:)

McLean22, Jan 15, 2020
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi McLean22

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Xbox Forums. Seeing that your question has been answered, we will be marking this thread as answered and locking it in order to prevent repetitive answers that would bump the thread. If you have any other
    questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to come back and create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  3. McLean22 Win User

Thanks, i'll check those pages out.
  4. aMexicanErb Win User

Hey McLean22, Looks like unfortunately you
    cannot transfer the 365
    account. The best thing to do is cancel the 365 subscription you have on the current account, create a new Microsoft account for yourself and re-subscribe from that account. You might, and I say only might, be able to get a refund
    from your current account to put toward a new account. Here are some
    results from a office 365 support
    page.
  5. Echo4Ent Win User

Home Console/Game Sharing expansion needed

I agree that there is room for improvement in the current family sharing system. My Idea would be a true "Home" sharing setup, where all Xboxes on the same home network could share 1 gold account. They could even limit that to maybe 1 gold account can
    share with up to 4 Xboxes on the same local network. That would solve most family account issues, and still be controlled enough to limit the abuse of the program.

The other way they could handle it would be similar to how Microsoft runs Office 365. With my 365 account I can have up to 5 running instances of Office at once, and I can designate family members to share my 365 account with. If Live Gold used that same
    system, then you could add your family to the account the same way. 365 is $99 a year, where Live Gold is $60, so maybe up the "family shared" version of Live Gold to $99 a year, where a single use account is still $60?

I would also like a Microsoft "Super" account that would give me Office 365, Xbox Gamepass, and Live Gold under one Subscription...
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Its friday and oh look no friends list

you have to think, x1 uses the cloud, that is also being used by thousands of businesses for office 365 including outlook and lync services 300.000 servers for live yes but shared resources with the rest of the business world, and they are currently rolling
    out alot of updates for office 365.
Thema:

1. Splitting a shared account - game progress and office 365 - Similar Threads - Splitting shared account

2. Split payments xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Split payments xbox360: I recently got an old xbox360 from a friend and have been slowly going back adding all my old previously purchased arcade games. I am wanting to purchase some dlc and want to confirm if using a...
  3. Connecting an Xbox 360 controller to an Xbox One X for split screen play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting an Xbox 360 controller to an Xbox One X for split screen play: I want to play an Xbox 360 game with split-screen on my Xbox One X. For the primary account signed in, I can use the wireless Xbox One controller that came with my Xbox One X. But I would like a...
  4. Xbox Console Streaming (Preview) Split screen games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Streaming (Preview) Split screen games: [IMG] Hi! I know that this service is in preview but, there is a way to play a split screen game (like bordelands) from the android app? I'm trying to connect two controller, but they comand...
  5. Why doesn't Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 let you play 4 multiplayer local split screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 let you play 4 multiplayer local split screen?: Last night we were going to try to play local multiplayer split screen on my brother xbox one. But it keeps showing a lock on the local multiplayer mode. It's really strange that local...
  6. Shared/Split Screen PVP (Gears 5/Steam)

in XBoX on Windows
    Shared/Split Screen PVP (Gears 5/Steam): Hi, According to the Steam page for Gears 5 (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097840/Gears_5/), the list of features includes Shared/Split Screen PVP. However, my friend and I were having...
  7. Game Share (Split thread)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Share (Split thread): Split from this thread. I have been having some problems sharing my Xbox live with my husband profile. I agree there needs to be a better set up. d7262430-73f1-48c7-adfc-4c2031d97003
  8. Family account shared in split household

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family account shared in split household: My sons had an Xbox 360 with one gamertag. I bought an Xbox One and used the original gamertag as the primary tag for a Family account. I added a Child account for my 9yo. Now his dad has...
  9. Game sharing split screen 2 Xbox’s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing split screen 2 Xbox’s: This question may have already been answered ,but if I share a dignal game with another Xbox like cod bo 3 can both Xbox’s play multiplayer split screen?maybe 2 of the players playing as guest.If...
  10. Sharing is caring 4 player split screen action

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing is caring 4 player split screen action: I've poked around the internet a lot trying to find a good answer for this. I'm hosting an event and we decided to try and have a video game tournament. My hope is to find a game that can support...