Spotify disables use of the Xbox (home) button on the controller?

Discus and support Spotify disables use of the Xbox (home) button on the controller? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This happened 3 times on a Series X playing AC: Odyssey while listening to Spotify in the background. The audio from Spotify simply stops and the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StabaCadaver, Aug 30, 2021.

1. StabaCadaver
    StabaCadaver Guest

This happened 3 times on a Series X playing AC: Odyssey while listening to Spotify in the background.

The audio from Spotify simply stops and the Xbox button on the controller does not respond.

I've been using Spotify for months with no problems.

One thing worth mentioning is that I usually listen to podcasts that are audio only. For the three times that this has happened there was video for the podcast if you are in the Spotify app.

I have to hold the Xbox button in on the console until it shuts down.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

:)

StabaCadaver, Aug 30, 2021
  2. StabaCadaver Win User

Hello there!

Doing great and I hope You are as well. The Series X is a very nice machine.

I will try what You recommend and I will report back my results.

I hope You have a great week!
  3. J​amie Win User

it takes 1-2 minutes as my screen dims and I can't move or do anything in-game which is kind of annoying but it will eventually pop up.
  4. Francia J. Win User

That would be great and yes, I agree with you. Thank you so much!
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi StabaCadaver, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Please perform a powercycle on your console to fix the issue. Once done, please test it out and if happened again, uninstall and reinstall Spotify App. That should work.

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  6. StabaCadaver Win User

This happens to me sometimes except I don't turn off my console I wait for the menu to appear.
    Interesting! I will keep this in mind in case the first suggestion is not successful. Thanks for Your reply!
Thema:

1. Spotify disables use of the Xbox (home) button on the controller? - Similar Threads - Spotify disables home

2. Xbox 1 Spotify sound going to tv and Headset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 1 Spotify sound going to tv and Headset: I’m trying to get Spotify to only send sound to my head phones and not my tv but I just can’t figure it out. If anyone know how to stop the sound to my tv (without turning my tv volume down) I...
  3. Apple Music is coming to PS5 along with Spotify

in XboX Insiders
    Apple Music is coming to PS5 along with Spotify: So i just saw a post on twitter which says that an option to stream music from Apple Music is coming to the PS5 along with Spotify as another option. I’ve been asking for this for a very long time...
  4. Xbox game bar spotify widget not working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar spotify widget not working: Basically the spotify widget won't let me control the spotify app, it juat keeps showing the open spotify button, which works too lol. I have already linked spotify to the game bar and I tried...
  5. [MICROSOFT EDGE]Apple Music And Spotify Dont work.

in XboX Insiders
    [MICROSOFT EDGE]Apple Music And Spotify Dont work.: Whenever i try to play music from the web app of apple music or spotify,it simply sends back a message saying "Failed to load because no supported source was found". I could've sworned it worked...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Spotify: Skip through song

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Spotify: Skip through song: Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Spotify Is there a way to skip through a song using the spotify game bar app or another means? Looking for a hotkey or overlay solution to rewind or fast forward a...
  7. Spotify Issues Error Code 0x80073cf6

in XboX Insiders
    Spotify Issues Error Code 0x80073cf6: The app was working then on day I went launch it and says getting your app ready. After awhile then it'll say something went wrong error code 0x80073cf6 idk what do I've uninstalled and...
  8. Weird xbox gamebar bug and unable to link spotify acc

in XboX Insiders
    Weird xbox gamebar bug and unable to link spotify acc: Sooo... once i click on link acc this annoying (browser looking) tab pops out with inactive capcha and options to link your spotify acc trought facebook/apple/google or standart log in. However...
  9. Spotify on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spotify on Xbox one: Hello, my Spotify won’t allow me to log in on my Xbox it just greys out as if it’s loading but I’ve been sitting here for 20+ minutes and still Nothing… are the servers down?...
  10. Spotify Saying It is installing but isn’t

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spotify Saying It is installing but isn’t: Hi, So I’m not sure what to do about this but when I go to the Microsoft store on my Xbox is states that Spotify is installing. Then I click the button that states go to queue. It isn’t listed. I...