Standby mode not working, (included full settings in post): Alexa connection & remote play...

Discus and support Standby mode not working, (included full settings in post): Alexa connection & remote play... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, TLDR: I am experiencing two issues that I believe revolve around Standby mode with my Xbox Seriex X not being able to receive remote connection... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Zee_0, Jan 7, 2022.

1. /u/Zee_0
    /u/Zee_0 Guest

Standby mode not working, (included full settings in post): Alexa connection & remote play...

Hello,

TLDR: I am experiencing two issues that I believe revolve around Standby mode with my Xbox Seriex X not being able to receive remote connection commands/ staying connected. And it doesn't work when powered on either.

After literally having spent 2 days of fiddling, double and triple checking, and searching the depths of this glorious place we call Reddit, along with the broader internet, all to no avail; I now must succumb to asking for some advice & opinions please...

Here are my two issues that I have, I suspect they could be connected to Standby mode, but they may not be, and really in my mind they should not be as I can't get core features to work even when powered on...:

1. When in Standby mode, by Xbox Series X disconnects from my Alexa setup and any routines I create. It reappears and Alexa detects it when I turn the console on manually though.
      1. This is the reason it all started, I was trying to integrate Alexa with my Xbox. I have some splitters going on to integrate Philips Hue, but I've also disconnected all of that and gone with a direct connection and it still yields the same issue.
      2. So I then checked remote play via the PC Xbox App, and checked turning on remotely via my Companion App, (Companion app hasn't really always worked consistently in powering on my Xbox over the time I've had my Xbox anyway but just assumed it was buggy app stuff); and neither of these work either, so that is thus problem two, below:
    2. Cannot remote play using the PC Xbox app, even when switched on, nor remotely power on - I get an error code I cannot trace online: "cV: uFCK2PFL6ZTY+R6x1B4uw6.21"
      1. This is the case even when the console is switched on.
      2. I can't remotely turn it on from either the Companion App or my PC Xbox App.
      3. Sort of an irrelevant check I did: I can however connect to it from my PC when it's switched on, when using the Windows Remote display over WiFi from my PC. The Xbox is also visible on my network via wired too. I have tried these separately too with having only one connection type. Primarily I have done everything on wired (both going into the same router), I just tested the wireless remote connection for shits and giggles.

I can find a lot of references online to ensuring 'Instant-on' is set in the power mode, but I don't have this setting on my Xbox, only 'standby mode', which I think is simply a recent rename? Does this mean some other things have changed? I was able to remote play from my PC in the past.

Here are the settings on the Xbox:

• Sleep mode: standby
    • Enabled remote features: on
    • Allow connections from any device
    • Allow play to streaming
    • No account access or content restrictions
    • When xbox is off, turn off storage: unticked
    • Enable digital assistants: ticked
    • Network: Wired, same router directly via ethernet cable.
    • Nat Test: Open
    • Test remote play: all green ticks, "good to go"
    • Device control: HDMI-CEC ticked with all sub options ticked.
    • Tried changing HDMI cables. I have just purchased a bunch of new 48 Gbit/s ones. They work as I can stream and play 4k HDR UHD content to my TV fine in 60hz with my Xbox Series X.
    • Network speed: over 450Mbps, the super quick stuff.

Have I tried restarts, full power offs, plugs out = You bet I have, so many times I've lost count.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be missing or where I go from here please?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Zee_0
    [link] [comments]

/u/Zee_0, Jan 7, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Xbox series X Remote Play - Instant On

Standby mode means the console won't completely shut off whenever you hit the power button

However will power on when you use remote play or voice commands like Alexa or google if you have it enabled
  3. vktacoma Win User

We were unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your console and your console is set to instant on.

I imagine the only solution there will ever be to this problem is to buy a PS4. The Remote Play from PC capability was released yesterday and it works very well, including wake from standby.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Remote play XBOX X on iPhone

5. SkadollaX Win User

My Xbox one randomly turns itself on

yes I just posted the same thing.

I have 2 Xbox ones. They are always in energy saving mode.

Just finished testing both and they are both going into instant on mode now, for some unknown reason.

We have a fetch box and the remote for fetch turns the Xbox ones on when they are in standby mode. This is because... they, both the Xbox one and fetch remote share the same infra red ch, which is why we need energy saving mode.....and why we discovered
    this new behaviour in what is meant to be a fully shutdown Xbox.

For us now, energy saving mode behaviour = instant on mode setting

Which results in what appears to be Xbox ones randomly turning on when actually it's when someone uses the fetch remote.
  6. Savvy Joe Win User

XBox Issues

Good news! I got Alexa control working again on the Xbox. Since Alexa sends the signal to the Xbox to turn the volume up/down on the TV, I went to TV control settings in the Xbox settings. Someone had played around with these settings and turned off TV control.
    Now Alexa can control the Xbox/TV volume again.

Unfortunately, the problem with the Xbox app connecting to my Xbox continues. Any advice on this would be appreciated! Thank you for the responses so far!
Thema:

1. Standby mode not working, (included full settings in post): Alexa connection & remote play... - Similar Threads - Standby mode working

2. Series X Continues to download in standby energysave mode

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Continues to download in standby energysave mode: I just noticed the series X essentially switched itself on (I mean it’s off but the fan spins up) and proceeded to download game update(s). I checked this by turning it completely on to see wtf...
  3. Xbox Series X does not auto reconnect to WiFi when in Standby mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X does not auto reconnect to WiFi when in Standby mode: My Xbox Series X is in Standby mode (Instant on). Then my wifi router is restarted. After this Xbox does not reconnect automatically to the Wifi again. This leads to the problem that when I am...
  4. putting Xbox in standby mode cancel game installation

in XboX Insiders
    putting Xbox in standby mode cancel game installation: i got an xbox series x and was going to download sea of thieves and update call of duty so once i put sea of thieves downloading and cod on que i put my xbox in rest and usually when i do this the...
  5. Standby mode issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Standby mode issues: When using instant on or power saving mode on the series x , tv no longers says no signal when powering down in those modes. Just a blank screen. Happened since latest update....
  6. Xbox not updating when turned off in standby mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox not updating when turned off in standby mode: No matter what I try. My Xbox Series X doesn't update or download games when in always-on mode. I reset my xbox. I made sure that my hard drive stays on when xbox is off. I've cleared my games...
  7. xbox streaming on pc without the xbox being on but instead being on standby mode

in XBoX on Mobile
    xbox streaming on pc without the xbox being on but instead being on standby mode: hello, i was checking out the xbox streaming app on my tablet when i come across the fact that i can stream on my pc. i streamed the xbox to my pc but the xbox turned on when i started to steam....
  8. [Alpha Skip-Ahead] Standby Mode Installation.

in XboX Insiders
    [Alpha Skip-Ahead] Standby Mode Installation.: Hi all. So I've encountered an issue when I turn my Xbox One X off (Standby Mode) that my games won't fully install. Instead it tells me to install the game or app needed to play, or if the game...
  9. Downloads while being in standby mode doesn't work currently with Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Downloads while being in standby mode doesn't work currently with Xbox Series X: Basically everyone I ask confirms this. The console doesn't do anything while you have it in standby even if you activated everything correctly. If you have downloads and you go into standby and...
  10. Standby mode not working anymore. Power button flashes when turned on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Standby mode not working anymore. Power button flashes when turned on.: Ever since the last update my console will not turn on from standby mode. Instead the power button will flash for a couple minutes and then shut the console down completely. Once this has...