Stardew Valley does not launch after installation

Discus and support Stardew Valley does not launch after installation in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After installing Stardew Valley, the game does not launch. Tried through the start menu and desktop shortcut (as an administrator) When attempting to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NadirKhanSa, Dec 3, 2021.

1. NadirKhanSa
    NadirKhanSa Guest

After installing Stardew Valley, the game does not launch.

Tried through the start menu and desktop shortcut (as an administrator)

When attempting to launch the application there is no activity on the pc (while concurrently running Task Manager).

I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall (multiple times) with no success.

Additionally I have followed the instructions recommended to troubleshoot "Administrator approval required for installation".

Other games installed launch with the exception of Stardew Valley.

Latest updates have been installed.

Application log file captures the following error:

Faulting application name: Stardew Valley.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x609308e7

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1288, time stamp: 0xa280d1d6

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000008c56f

Faulting process ID: 0x4ffc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e7bb1356352f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ConcernedApe.StardewValleyPC_1.5.50008.0_x64__0c8vynj4cqe4e\Stardew Valley.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: bede1082-7908-4095-8d5e-75a52ad4a6ad

Faulting package full name: ConcernedApe.StardewValleyPC_1.5.50008.0_x64__0c8vynj4cqe4e

Faulting package-relative application ID: Game

:)

NadirKhanSa, Dec 3, 2021
  2. NadirKhanSa Win User

Hi Christopher,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have tried all the steps recommended with the results below;

• Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;
      Click Check for Updates;
      Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;
      No updates available
    • Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.
      No updates available
    PC restarted at this point

Then try this:

• Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.
      After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.
      Repaired and reset - no change

• Then do the same for the Xbox app:
      Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.
      Repaired and reset - no change

• If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :
      In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
      Unable to complete this step due to error (below)
    [table][tr]PS C:\windows\system32> get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage -allusers remove-Appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_3.59.18001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues.At line:1 char:44 + ... t-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand[/tr][/table]
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Weird! Well, I suggest you try this:

Open the Settings app it is the gear in the start menu.

Open Accounts

Click Sign-in Options

Scroll down to Privacy

Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

Restart your PC!
  4. NadirKhanSa Win User

Hi Christopher,

I managed to remove the Gaming Services by running the following command (in admin mode)

"get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage"

(this did not include the -allusers switch)

After removing the service, I ran the Xbox app, which came up with a blue banner prompting the reinstalling GameServices. (Restarted the pc)

After it appears it has been reinstalled, trying to launch the game I am now redirected to the GameServices store page.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Nadir welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  6. Banana guy_1992 Win User

Can my computer run this game?

I have Stardew valley apk on my android is there any PC version of stardew valley or similar of this game
Thema:

1. Stardew Valley does not launch after installation - Similar Threads - Stardew Valley does

2. Stardew Valley - Xbox Cloud Saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stardew Valley - Xbox Cloud Saves: On the PC Xbox app it says that this game has has Xbox Cloud Saves, does this mean I can play on my Xbox and then pick up where I left off on pc? Since it doesn't seem to be working and I'm not...
  3. Cloud saving when modding stardew valley?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud saving when modding stardew valley?: Hello and happy new year. I have this question: Will cloud saving work and how if I mod stardew valley? I ussually play in 2 differents pc and wanted to know if I will be able to transfer my...
  4. Stardew Valley and some other games on gamepass have no icon on start menu

in XBoX on Windows
    Stardew Valley and some other games on gamepass have no icon on start menu: when I go to pin Stardew valley on to my start menu the icon is blank, I've tried re downloading it nothing, any suggestions? b48ac830-f6f0-4ade-b01a-94373a89d1f6
  5. Stardew valley removed from play anywhere???

in XBoX on Windows
    Stardew valley removed from play anywhere???: I cant install stardew valley on my laptop, i bought it on xbox. I looked up online and it says its play anywhere 97e0ec54-fe11-4d29-82c4-748d01b630a8
  6. Stardew Valley 1.5 - Xbox update timeline?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stardew Valley 1.5 - Xbox update timeline?: The anticipated Stardew valley 1.5 update was submitted to Xbox on Jan. 22 for certification. The creator believed it would be available on consoles at the end of January or early February....
  7. StarDew Valley Co-Op

in XBoX on Consoles
    StarDew Valley Co-Op: We recently purchased StarDew Valley for XBox One so my children can play local co-op. When we try and log on to the co-op option it gives an error message saying "You cannot see content other...
  8. XBox One Stardew Valley co-op

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox One Stardew Valley co-op: We have purchased StarDew Valley for XBox One so my children can play local co-op. When we try and log on to the co-op option it gives an error message saying "You cannot see content other people...
  9. cannot see content other people make (stardew valley)

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot see content other people make (stardew valley): Hi! me and my brother started a new stardew valley farm about 3 days ago and for some reason now it says that he cant see others content, even though we recently played. I’ve change his setting...
  10. Stardew Valley Co-op joining

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stardew Valley Co-op joining: So my daughter is trying to play Stardew Valley Co-op but she gets a pop up message that says permission need to be changed. So the pop-up says “you cannot see content other people make becuse of...