Static when using the Xbox Companion App for party chat.

Discus and support Static when using the Xbox Companion App for party chat. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I have never had this issue before. I was trying to talk to my friends via the Xbox app on Windows 10. However, they would continuously hear a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Invite Only, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Invite Only
    Invite Only Guest

So, I have never had this issue before. I was trying to talk to my friends via the Xbox app on Windows 10. However, they would continuously hear a static noise coming from my mic when I was not talking. I have tried every solution I have found online and
    the issue is still persisting. I have done the following:

• Reset my PC to factory settings.
    • Checked for driver updates for my input devices.
    • Uninstalled/Reinstalled the Xbox Companion App
    • Ran the App Troubleshooter
    • Changed the bit rate to every possible setting.
    • Restarted my PC
    • Restarted my router.
    • Tried a different headset.
    • Tried a different port on my PC.

Why is nothing working? This has been a problem for years and people are still having this issue? Please, address this issue or I will never deal with you all again outside of the Windows OS. This is sad guys. Truly, sad. Clearly you do not care about this
    issue or the fans that are experiencing this issue.

:)

Invite Only, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. Which type of headsets are you using? If they are wired with a 3.5 mm jack then perhaps the PC jack has become loose. You can either try a different sound port, a new sound card or, if possible, a wireless headset to see if that improves
    the connection
  3. Invite Only Win User

I am using the Turtle Beach XFour headset. I use a splitter for my PC and it has worked fine in the past. Only recently has it started having this issue. I tried a different splitter, a different headset, and a different sound card. Nothing seems to fix
    the issue.
  4. AustinM2 Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

I stream using the OBS software and capture the Xbox Companion App. Regardless, if i were to attempt to use the app as intended to wirelessly stream the Xbox on my laptop, I am unable to hear the in-game chat of certain games. I do not know if this falls
    more on the shoulders of the game developers or is an issue with the Xbox and the Xbox Companion App.

If I were to utilize the Twitch app on the Xbox I experience issues with in-game chat as well. I have to set up a private party then re-enter game chat for it to work and the in-game chat is still not broadcasted to the twitch network. Party chat is broadcasted
    when others include their audio voluntarily, but there doesn’t seem to be a way for in-game chat to be given the same option.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

Hi AustinM2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Are you streaming to Twitch directly from the Twitch app on the Xbox? Or are you streaming your Xbox One to your PC through the Xbox Console Companion app? Are you using party chat on the Xbox, or a party through the Xbox Companion app?

What you are describing is by design using the Xbox Live party chats because the servers for the chat are separate from the in-game chat servers. Xbox Live parties effectively mute in-game chat, and mute yourself from in-game chat as well because as I mentioned
    previously, party chats and in-game chats run on different servers. Xbox Live parties are more private channels for chatting with friends, so the muting aspect is by design. I believe this is why many Twitch streamers use Discord since you can hear both the
    Discord chat and in-game chat at the same time.
  6. Viper7Gamer Win User

Xbox Beta App Mic problems

Try using the Xbox Console Companion App instead. You can use it in Windows and on your phone. It works great on your phone as a hands free party chat.
Thema:

1. Static when using the Xbox Companion App for party chat. - Similar Threads - Static using Companion

2. my panasonic support hdr static/dynamic, for xbox one X selected static or dynamic?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my panasonic support hdr static/dynamic, for xbox one X selected static or dynamic?: MY PANASONIC DYNAMIC STATIC HDR SUPPORT, WHICH IS COMPATIBLE WITH XBOX ONE X STATIC OR DYNAMIC? 22f25148-34fc-48f6-9988-cf3f47189d66
  3. Game Bar Gameplay Recording Causes Static In Internal Audio That Is Not There When Recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar Gameplay Recording Causes Static In Internal Audio That Is Not There When Recording: I am using the Windows 10 Game Bar overlay to record gameplay footage. Everything works smoothly during recording, but when I go back and watch the video, generally at around 14 minutes in, the...
  4. Payday 2 Red 'Static'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Payday 2 Red 'Static': I am playing with the same system, same TV and same everything else that I have played Payday 2 with for over a year now. I played it last week and it was fine. I tried to play last night and...
  5. I'm trying to use the Party Chat on the Xbox app on Windows 10, Everyone's getting loud static.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to use the Party Chat on the Xbox app on Windows 10, Everyone's getting loud static.: I'm trying to use the Party Chat on the Xbox app on Windows 10, Everyone's getting loud static. It can't be my mic or anything, because this is a unique problem to the Xbox app. It's extremely...
  6. Friends tell me my mic makes noises, and i dont hear the noises/static while using the windows ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends tell me my mic makes noises, and i dont hear the noises/static while using the windows ...: So i recently bought a pc not to long ago and i started using the windows 10 party system on my computer, I join a party and my friends tell me that my mic is making static noises as if it sounded...
  7. Static Noise when using Micro USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static Noise when using Micro USB: What accessories are you having trouble with? Turtle Beach X12's, Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter(Part No. X19-07952-01 and the Micro USB that comes with the xbox Describe what is...
  8. Snow/Static while using Tivo with LG TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Snow/Static while using Tivo with LG TV: Since the last update (October?), whenever I fast forward a program I have recorded on my Tivo, my screen turns to snow for a second. In addition, when I am finished fast forwarding, and hit play,...
  9. Headset Adapter Static ONLY when using Micro-USB (instead of batteries)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Adapter Static ONLY when using Micro-USB (instead of batteries): I got the headset adapter and found that there is a static noise only when using a micro-usb to use the controller, but not when using batteries. Has anyone else had this issue, or is it possible...
  10. static when using bitstream

in XBoX on Consoles
    static when using bitstream: went on battlefield 4 today and all i keep hearing is static and a crackling sound it dont happen all the time i can just hear it i also noticed it on plants vs zombies and thief my srtting is...