Stereo headset adapter - chat is distorted and crackling

Discus and support Stereo headset adapter - chat is distorted and crackling in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; about this product: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-adapter I finally got my hand on one as I use the Astro A40's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by T3ddy B4gW3LL, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Stereo headset adapter - chat is distorted and crackling

about this product:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-adapter

I finally got my hand on one as I use the Astro A40's I can hear people fine, but they say theres alot of distortion and crackling when I talk and after I talk also

Ive read that other people are also having this problem but... in reality is it an update that can fix it? or will MS have to rework/redesign it and release another fully working version?

Thank you

:)

T3ddy B4gW3LL, Mar 16, 2014
  2. Television Audio Through Xbox One Headset

If you are talking about the Chat headset, that comes with Xbox One, then No. If you are talking about Stereo Headset, with an Stereo Headset Adapter. then Yes. Using the Stereo Headset Adapter give to both Chat and Game sound to the headset. If you TV,
    is connected to the Xbox, your TV sound, will go to the headset.

RobertSchweitzer, Mar 16, 2014
  3. Wick78
    Wick78 Guest
    gold wireless headset with stereo adapter

im using the gold wireless headset with the headset stereo adapter i also updated the controller with everything plugged in but notice there is still a slight popping crackling noise is this just normal or is there something i can do about it ?

Wick78, Mar 16, 2014
  4. RobertSchweitzer Win User

Television Audio Through Xbox One Headset

If you are talking about the Chat headset, that comes with Xbox One, then No. If you are talking about Stereo Headset, with an Stereo Headset Adapter. then Yes. Using the Stereo Headset Adapter give to both Chat and Game sound to the headset. If you TV,
    is connected to the Xbox, your TV sound, will go to the headset.
  5. cookieater821 Win User

Xbox one App

•Some third-party products come with a stereo headset adapter that may look different from the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter made by Microsoft, but they all function the same way.

•You can only connect an Xbox 360 Chat Headset using the stereo headset adapter with a 2.5-mm to 3.5-mm converter, which comes with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. The Xbox One Stereo Headset does not include this adapter cable.

support.xbox.com/.../connect-compatible-headset
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Xbox One Adapter Issue

Hi there SS KaRiZMA,

Is this an xbox stereo adapter or the default chat headset that comes with the Xbox?

If its an stereo adapter, please share what mic/headset is being plugged in. Make / Model#.
  7. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One X - After update my controller dosen't detect any headset I plug in and there is no sound.

Hi there,

What is the specific headset you are plugging into the adapter?

Headset's, headphones, or earbuds with stereo sound will have the ability to have game audio along with chat volume that is adjusted with the adapter or in the "Audio" settings that will only appear when plugging into the 3.5mm port which you have confirmed
    was the issue with the original controller.

There are some headsets however that do not have stereo sound and are strictly only meant to chat with others, and are usually referred to as chat headsets. These tend to only have one earpiece whereas stereo headsets will have two.

If you have a stereo headset/headphones plugged into the adapter, then the chat mixer slider that is usually found in the "Audio" settings will be controlled on the adapter with the game controller icon button indicating the game audio volume and the button
    with the icon of a person indicates the chat audio volume.
  8. Raist999 Win User

Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

Same issue with iPhone headset. Audio works great, in party chat, others here high pitch whistle. While less than desirable, it may be that the adapter is not designed to work with inline mic's. Look at the last item in the list below. "Any 3.5mm stereo
    headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter"

I hope that the headset can work.

From XBOX.COM Headset Adapter page:

For game audio:

- Legacy gaming headsets get game audio from the back of the console from the S/PDIF port or from your TV/receiver with RCA cables. Get chat audio by connecting the 2.5mm chat cable to the adapter

- New Xbox One headsets – get chat and stereo directly from the adapter. No need to connect anything to the console

- Any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter
Thema:

Stereo headset adapter - chat is distorted and crackling

1. Stereo headset adapter - chat is distorted and crackling - Similar Threads - Stereo headset adapter

2. STEREO HEADSET ADAPTER DOESNT WORK ON MY CONTROLLER

in XBoX on Consoles
    STEREO HEADSET ADAPTER DOESNT WORK ON MY CONTROLLER: I bought this brand new Turtle beach earforce stereo adapter for xbox one (I have a day one controller) . When i plug it in all it does is give a continous ear piercing sound. When i press any...
  3. Stereo headset adapter stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headset adapter stopped working: It was working fine last night but now it wont come on at all. the light flashed on it a couple times but nothing else happened. I've already tried a controller update and a hard reset and those...
  4. XBOX HEADSET STEREO ADAPTER

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    XBOX HEADSET STEREO ADAPTER: I am, furious with Microsoft. I went through 5 chat support sessions just trying to buy 1 Xbox one headset adapter, because they’re out of stock. And what do their support team tell me to do. Buy...
  5. Xbox one Stereo Headset adapter quit working ob me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Stereo Headset adapter quit working ob me: I got the xbox one wireless stereo headset and had no problem using hooking it up and using it for about the first 3 months. Then one day it just quit working none could hear me at all. I have...
  6. Stereo headset adapter integrated with Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headset adapter integrated with Bluetooth: It will be nice to have a Stereo audio adapter integrate with a Bluetooth so you can connect a wide variety of Bluetooth devices to it and control the devices through Xbox settings like if you...
  7. Mic not working when I use the stereo headset adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working when I use the stereo headset adapter: When I plug in my stereo headset adapter to my wireless controller my friends in the party can’t here me even though I use the apple head phones with it. I’m really confused I also tryed keeping...
  8. HDCP content and Stereo Headset Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDCP content and Stereo Headset Adapter: I just bought the Stereo Headset Adapter for my Xbox One. I love it, since the only time I get to play is while my kids are asleep, and it frees me from constantly having to tweak the volume on...
  9. Xbox One S and Official Stereo Headset Adapter not recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S and Official Stereo Headset Adapter not recognized: I recently purchased the official Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter for my Xbox One S. I was looking forward to managing the volume and mute buttons on the controller instead of through the awkward...
  10. No party chat, using headset with Stereo Headset Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    No party chat, using headset with Stereo Headset Adapter: I've been using a Turtle Beach headset for Xbox 360 for the Xbox One via a Stereo Headset Adapter. Recently I helped someone configure the same setup that I had by taking mine apart and showing...