Stereo Headset Adapter Keeps Muting.

Discus and support Stereo Headset Adapter Keeps Muting. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the stereo headset adapter and my Turtle Beach X11 headset plugged in and everything will be fine for a few hours to a few days and then all of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KindredUKKnight, May 6, 2014.

1. Stereo Headset Adapter Keeps Muting.

I have the stereo headset adapter and my Turtle Beach X11 headset plugged in and everything will be fine for a few hours to a few days and then all of a sudden the mute button will stay lit up and wont switch off. The only way to get rid of it is updating
    the controller again.

I have changed the batteries about 6 times. (which it seems to eat very quickly)

I have updated the controller probably about 10 times now.

I can't tell if its the controller that isn't keeping the update or its the stereo headset adapter which is faulty either way its becoming a major pain having to keep updating the controller every cpl hours or days just to play a game.

:)

KindredUKKnight, May 6, 2014
  2. DangerousBard, May 6, 2014
  3. qudeenz360
    qudeenz360 Guest
    qudeenz360, May 6, 2014
  4. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest

Hey there Kindred,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with your headset.

Here are a couple of steps that I would recommend trying for this particular case:

1. Take the batteries out of the controller
    2. Ensure the Stereo Headset Adapter is connected to the controller when performing the controller firmware update and

Update your Controller
    3. After the firmware update is complete, hold the console power button for 10 seconds to successfully perform the power cycle

Please let us know how those steps work for you and we'll go from there.

MisterFizzle, May 10, 2014
  5. Flymonkey102 Win User

Xbox One Controller Adapter

You can't with the Stereo Headset Adapter since the chat settings are on the adapter instead of the Xbox. Is the mute icon permanently lit up or are you seeing a mute icon on the Xbox?
  6. MisterFizzle Win User

Hey there Kindred,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with your headset.

Here are a couple of steps that I would recommend trying for this particular case:

1. Take the batteries out of the controller
    2. Ensure the Stereo Headset Adapter is connected to the controller when performing the controller firmware update and

Update your Controller
    3. After the firmware update is complete, hold the console power button for 10 seconds to successfully perform the power cycle

Please let us know how those steps work for you and we'll go from there.
  7. Norrissa Win User

Xbox stereo headset mic suddenly stopped working mid conversation

Stereo Headset Adapter issues and questions

If you have a question or problem using the Stereo Headset Adapter, see the following topics.

Stereo Headset Adapter isn’t working

If your Stereo Headset Adapter isn’t functioning well, check the following:

Have you updated your controller’s software to support the Stereo Headset Adapter?

Make sure your controller has fresh batteries. When the batteries get weak, some controller functions like audio and rumble get turned off to conserve the remaining power.

Make sure your headset adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your stereo headset’s 3.5-mm cable is securely plugged into the headset adapter. You will know it’s plugged in properly if you press the mute button and the LED lights up.
    If the mute light comes on and you have updated your controller but your headset isn’t working, consult the manual or manufacturer.

Try your Stereo Headset Adapter on another controller if you can. If the adapter works on the second controller, try updating the first controller again. If that fails, the controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox Online
    Service Center.

These steps were found at
    support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
  8. catigerman72 Win User

Xbox One stereo headset microphone needs calibration?

Ok, 1st question. Have you updated your controllers firmware with the headset plugged in?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

Another question, have you toggled the mute button to make sure you don't have yourself muted?

Here are the guides for the headset adapter and stereo headsets, to give you some other ideas.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-adapter

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

Muted xbox headset

Hi Clare,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Unfortunately, that symbol means the controller is not detecting the headset. It is not a mute icon. Try updating the controller with the headset plugged in. You can also try a

stereo headset adapter

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Stereo Headset Adapter Keeps Muting. - Similar Threads - Stereo Headset Adapter

2. STEREO HEADSET ADAPTER DOESNT WORK ON MY CONTROLLER

in XBoX on Consoles
    STEREO HEADSET ADAPTER DOESNT WORK ON MY CONTROLLER: I bought this brand new Turtle beach earforce stereo adapter for xbox one (I have a day one controller) . When i plug it in all it does is give a continous ear piercing sound. When i press any...
  3. Stereo headset adapter stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headset adapter stopped working: It was working fine last night but now it wont come on at all. the light flashed on it a couple times but nothing else happened. I've already tried a controller update and a hard reset and those...
  4. XBOX HEADSET STEREO ADAPTER

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    XBOX HEADSET STEREO ADAPTER: I am, furious with Microsoft. I went through 5 chat support sessions just trying to buy 1 Xbox one headset adapter, because they’re out of stock. And what do their support team tell me to do. Buy...
  5. Xbox one Stereo Headset adapter quit working ob me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Stereo Headset adapter quit working ob me: I got the xbox one wireless stereo headset and had no problem using hooking it up and using it for about the first 3 months. Then one day it just quit working none could hear me at all. I have...
  6. Stereo headset adapter integrated with Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headset adapter integrated with Bluetooth: It will be nice to have a Stereo audio adapter integrate with a Bluetooth so you can connect a wide variety of Bluetooth devices to it and control the devices through Xbox settings like if you...
  7. Mic not working when I use the stereo headset adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working when I use the stereo headset adapter: When I plug in my stereo headset adapter to my wireless controller my friends in the party can’t here me even though I use the apple head phones with it. I’m really confused I also tryed keeping...
  8. HDCP content and Stereo Headset Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDCP content and Stereo Headset Adapter: I just bought the Stereo Headset Adapter for my Xbox One. I love it, since the only time I get to play is while my kids are asleep, and it frees me from constantly having to tweak the volume on...
  9. Xbox One S and Official Stereo Headset Adapter not recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S and Official Stereo Headset Adapter not recognized: I recently purchased the official Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter for my Xbox One S. I was looking forward to managing the volume and mute buttons on the controller instead of through the awkward...
  10. No party chat, using headset with Stereo Headset Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    No party chat, using headset with Stereo Headset Adapter: I've been using a Turtle Beach headset for Xbox 360 for the Xbox One via a Stereo Headset Adapter. Recently I helped someone configure the same setup that I had by taking mine apart and showing...