Stick drift after controller firmware update?

Discus and support Stick drift after controller firmware update? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Does anyone know if you can re-install a firmware update on a controller? I feel like I'm getting stick drift on all three of my newer controllers over... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Borders-live, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Stick drift after controller firmware update?

Does anyone know if you can re-install a firmware update on a controller? I feel like I'm getting stick drift on all three of my newer controllers over the last month while playing Apex Legends and I am wondering if this is a known issue or not (it could be an issue with the game too, so I'm trying to narrow down the cause).

submitted by /u/Borders-live
    [link] [comments]

/u/Borders-live, Oct 12, 2021
  2. G̲̅][̲̅G̲̅] [ Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 Connectivity/drifting issue (on PC)

I have the same issue but with the normal elite controller my left stick is drifting and my other buttons are double clicking my firmware version is:2.3.2.2388.0
  3. BearmanX62 Win User

Controller right stick drift after update

Hi Snip3R, thanks for the quick response. This is a weird one, for sure.

I actually don't use a play and charge setup, just rechargeable double AAs, and use the USB cable only for controller firmware updates. I've had my One for a couple years now, and never had a problem with my controller or the firmware updates until August.

I read somewhere on reddit to download the Controller Tester app from the Xbox store. When I tested my original XB1 controller using it, after about a 10 second delay, you could see the right stick drift upward slightly to the 40 mark or so and stop. Correcting
    it does the same thing, slight delay, and then upward drift to the 40 mark. From this, it doesn't appear to be the joystick mechanism itself causing the drift, but the firmware or console firmware, perhaps. And even further, maybe for only certain model
    controllers, like mine. :)
  4. Hiesta Win User

Left stick drift on Elite Series Controller 2?

Unfortunatley ‘Stick drift’ is common in all xbox one controllers after some time and is inevitble.
  5. BearmanX62 Win User

Controller right stick drift after update

EDIT: Adding more details... Thoughts on when a firmware update might be available, guys?

Hi Sn1p3R, thanks for the quick response. This is a weird one, for sure.

I actually don't use a play and charge setup, just rechargeable AAs, and use the USB cable only for controller firmware updates. I've had my One for a couple years now, and never had a problem with my controller or the firmware updates until August.

I read somewhere on reddit to download the Game Controller Tester app from the Xbox store. When I tested my original XB1 controller using it, after about a 10 second delay, you could see the right stick drift upward slightly to the 40% vertical mark or so
    and stop. Correcting it does the same thing, slight delay, and then upward drift to the 40% vertical mark.

From this, it doesn't appear to be the joystick mechanism itself causing the drift, but the firmware or console firmware, perhaps. And even further, maybe for only certain model controllers, like mine. :)
  6. JonathanMatthis Win User

Utterly Furious!

My only comments is to ask are, since you seem to have gone through so many controllers and state you experience drift on each one; (1) how are the controllers stored? - While they are stored and in an off state, is anything pressing up against the stick
    that is experiencing the drift? (2) No where is it metioned if the controllers are up-to-date. So, have you verified that the firmware is up-to-date on the contollers?
Thema:

Stick drift after controller firmware update?

1. Stick drift after controller firmware update? - Similar Threads - Stick drift controller

2. Is there a chance of getting a new Elite V2 Controller w/o Stick Drift?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a chance of getting a new Elite V2 Controller w/o Stick Drift?: I'm earnest about that question, there is no hyperbole. Do all new controllers now have stick drift from the start? As a PC gamer I'm trying to get into playing CoD on controller. I busted out my...
  3. How to fix Elite Controller 2 stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix Elite Controller 2 stick drift: Have an elite controller 2 which I love. Bought last year but has had light use and always kept in case. Anyway playing Minecraft with my kid today and noticed that it has developed stick drift...
  4. Third Controller with Stick-drift

in XBoX on Windows
    Third Controller with Stick-drift: Today, I received my new Controller von Microsoft since the other one (WHICH WAS BRAND NEW) had Stick-drift. Guess what, the new one has stick drift too. Im done with Microsoft and their Quality....
  5. Controller has random stick drift after sitting in a shelf for 2 weeks.

in XboX Insiders
    Controller has random stick drift after sitting in a shelf for 2 weeks.: Probably the wrong sub but recent posts got my attention on the subject. I've had a series x blue controller about 2 months now and it's spent the last 2 weeks on a shelf untouched because I hate...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller left analog stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller left analog stick drift: The left analog stick on my Elite Series 2 controller is beginning to act a bit wonky, especially on menu screens. I play Destiny 2 predominantly and on the equipment screens when I try to move...
  7. Elite series 2 controller stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller stick drift: Do newer models have stick drift 71961ef8-36a4-4a1e-a06e-21a64ccc90ec
  8. Elite Controller Series 2 Analog Stick Drift and Input Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 Analog Stick Drift and Input Delay: Q: Has anyone been able to get a replacement because of microsoft extending the warranty? I recently purchased my 3rd Elite Series 2 controller June 17th 2020. I have been using the elite series...
  9. Xbox One Controller Stick Drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Stick Drift: I keep getting stick drift in every Microsoft brand controller I buy after about a year's worth of use. Its beginning to feel like I have two subscriptions: one for online access, and another...
  10. Brand new Xbox One controller right analog stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One controller right analog stick drift: I have a brand new Xbox brand controller i ordered just a few days ago, right out of the box it has stick drift on the right analog. I've tried entering the serial number in the devices section...