stolen xbox one IP address recovery and tracing

Discus and support stolen xbox one IP address recovery and tracing in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; stolen xbox one IP address recovery and tracing You personally can't track your own console hardware. If the thief is "stupid" enough to start the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Osiris_667, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Osiris_667
    Osiris_667 Guest

You personally can't track your own console hardware.

If the thief is "stupid" enough to start the console and sign in with your account, you will see that sign in attempt on

https://account.microsoft.com/activity

However, be aware, that thieves usually don't use the device for themselves, but pawn them off. So an "innocent" person could buy your stolen console without knowing it was stolen.

Also, even if you have the IP address, you as a private person can't get the exact street address from the owner of the IP from the internet provider, due to privacy laws.

Therefore, you should report your console's serial number to the police. They can inform local pawnshops and online auction sites about the serial number, and the shops should then decline to buy or sell the stolen console.

If the console goes online, the police can then also check with the internet provider to hand over the address to the police.

So to sum it up:

Don't try to do the detective work yourself, as you are just wasting precious time.

Report the console stolen to the police with the serial number and let them do the work.

Additionally, if you have insurance, report the theft to your insurance.

:)

Osiris_667, Dec 20, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

You personally can't track your own console hardware.

If the thief is "stupid" enough to start the console and sign in with your account, you will see that sign in attempt on

https://account.microsoft.com/activity

However, be aware, that thieves usually don't use the device for themselves, but pawn them off. So an "innocent" person could buy your stolen console without knowing it was stolen.

Also, even if you have the IP address, you as a private person can't get the exact street address from the owner of the IP from the internet provider, due to privacy laws.

Therefore, you should report your console's serial number to the police. They can inform local pawnshops and online auction sites about the serial number, and the shops should then decline to buy or sell the stolen console.

If the console goes online, the police can then also check with the internet provider to hand over the address to the police.

So to sum it up:

Don't try to do the detective work yourself, as you are just wasting precious time.

Report the console stolen to the police with the serial number and let them do the work.

Additionally, if you have insurance, report the theft to your insurance.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

Not sure how you would go about "tracking" your console, but I would immediately change your account password.
  4. Jayhab4real Win User

Sorry to hear of your ordeal, though not specific to IP tracing, there's some tips here: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/stolen-console
  5. ImpaledGremlin Win User

Sorry to hear about that.

I hope you get something sorted and that the police are able to help get your items returned
  6. kev edin Win User

Get in touch with Microsoft it could be registered with them on your account. And as said change your password 👍
Thema:

1. stolen xbox one IP address recovery and tracing - Similar Threads - stolen address recovery

2. Hi my xbox one s was stolen, can you please help me to block or trace it .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi my xbox one s was stolen, can you please help me to block or trace it .: My xbox one s was stolen, can you help me block or trace it ? e27c0748-a3d9-44d0-bb49-b1a955b1c298
  3. XBox Live user name / compromised has been stolen along with games

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Live user name / compromised has been stolen along with games: My Xbox Live tagname / username has been compromised or stolen. When we log into our Live account it shows no history assigned to the email address that we have used for 5+ years. We did a...
  4. Stolen Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stolen Gamertag: On March 24th, 2020 around 12:38 AM. While playing GTA5 online I had my Xbox live Gamertag stolen from me. I was in a session on my own moving cars. When a player with the Gamertag of [mod...
  5. Xbox stolen; recovery process

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox stolen; recovery process: Xbox was stolen from my son's school. Any way to recover it? Suggestions? 3149b0d3-b7e1-40af-9c56-2864c8f83c25
  6. Just got ignored for two hours by Xbox support staff after they charged my stolen debit...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just got ignored for two hours by Xbox support staff after they charged my stolen debit...: I’m pretty sick tbh I’m not, I just bought an Xbox live gold card, but you guys charged my old card that’s not even active cause it was stolen, I don’t have 18$ from an account that doesn’t exist...
  7. Skradzione konto [Mod Translation - Stolen account]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Skradzione konto [Mod Translation - Stolen account]: Dzisiaj w nocy nasze konto zostało zhakowane. Ktoś zmienił nasze hasła, następnie włamał się na nasze konto Micfrosoft - usunął konto gracza x box do którego przypisane były subskrypcje xbox live...
  8. Help Please.. stolen Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help Please.. stolen Xbox: My Friends had there house broke into last week and they stole there little boys Xbox along with other stuff, the question i want to ask is how can there son recover his gamertag if he cant...
  9. Xbox roubado[Stolen Xbox]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox roubado[Stolen Xbox]: Boa noite galera como faço pra rastrear meu xbox one s ele foi roubado na segunda dia 24 [Translation - Good night guys how do I track my xbox one s it was stolen on the second day 24]...
  10. My xbox has been stolen is there way I can find the IP address online for my microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox has been stolen is there way I can find the IP address online for my microsoft account?: My xbox was stolen and I would like to find the IP address. Can I do this from my xbox account? 82fad4e2-56f4-4d95-96ca-20182ddcaa93