Stolen Xbox Series X...can the authorities and Xbox track it?

Discus and support Stolen Xbox Series X...can the authorities and Xbox track it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My house was broken into last night while I was at work. The people who stole it were literally playing on my account when I discovered it was gone. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TeeKay715, Mar 12, 2021.

1. TeeKay715
    TeeKay715 Guest

My house was broken into last night while I was at work. The people who stole it were literally playing on my account when I discovered it was gone. I called support and was told that I'd have to get my own IT technician to assist with tracking the console thru an IP address or serial number. I'm a bit confused about how an Xbox support agent can't track my console but expected some random IT guy to be able to? Can this console be tracked down with the help of law enforcement or am I going to have to chop it up as a loss and buy another one?

:)

TeeKay715, Mar 12, 2021
  2. WeepySaucer9404 Win User

Sorry to hear that your Xbox was stolen!

Here's what you do:

1) Change your password

2) Report your stolen device to the police and insurance (if applicable). You would need the serial number of the Xbox which you can find at account.microsoft.com/devices and the serial number would be under the device details.

3) Keep an eye on your billing activity. Its in account.microsoft.com then go to Payment and Billing then Order History. If there are charges you didn't make contact Xbox

**This is from Xbox Support page What to do if your Xbox gets stolen
  3. [EX] Win User

I hope you have changed the password of your account !? Not that they make purchases with it !
  4. KindGryphon Win User

My house was broken into last night while I was at work. The people who stole it were literally playing on my account when I discovered it was gone. I called support and was told that I'd have to get my own IT technician to assist with tracking the console thru an IP address or serial number. I'm a bit confused about how an Xbox support agent can't track my console but expected some random IT guy to be able to? Can this console be tracked down with the help of law enforcement or am I going to have to chop it up as a loss and buy another one?
    If law enforcement is willing to take the time, money and resources to track it down (which would likely cost more for them to do than what the xbox is worth in value) then sure they can help you track it if they are willing.

All Xbox support would have would be the ip address that your account is signed into. (which you would be able to see too) but there isnt anything they would personally be able to do with that information.

Sorry for your loss
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Stolen Xbox one

Hey there SuperGabby 1227.

I'm afraid if your Xbox One was stolen there isn't a way for us to track it. We recommend reaching out to your local authorities and report the stolen console. Thanks for your understanding.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

how do i track stolen xbx1?

See here for the steps to take if your Xbox has been stolen: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/stolen-console

There is no real way to personally track down the location of the Xbox console.

Report the console to the local authorities (as well as your insurance company), and secure your Microsoft account to prevent unauthorized purchases.
Thema:

1. Stolen Xbox Series X...can the authorities and Xbox track it? - Similar Threads - Stolen Series authorities

2. Stolen Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stolen Xbox: What do I do to find my stolen Xbox one. . I have my serial.nunbers , but bought the system from someone on offer up , not even 12 hours later one of so called friends stole it. So what do I do?...
  3. EA have stolen over £2000 of my money and wont answer my questions...HELP!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    EA have stolen over £2000 of my money and wont answer my questions...HELP!!!!: Can someone help me with Madden21 and EA sports? After spending over £2000 on the game they have banned me for no reason. They wont talk to me and just ignore my requests. Any suggestions?...
  4. Guys my Xbox one s was stolen is there a way I can block or lock I have a picture of the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Guys my Xbox one s was stolen is there a way I can block or lock I have a picture of the...: Guys my Xbox one s was stolen is there a way I can block or lock it remotely 25b98c23-04c1-4a89-b286-5915366986e4
  5. Stolen Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stolen Xbox account: My friend has had is account stolen by someone he thought that he could trust. He let someone who he thought was his friend borrow his account and they have now changed the email and password to...
  6. Xbox Stolen/Bought with counterfeit money.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Stolen/Bought with counterfeit money.: Good evening, After countless failed attempts to actually SPEAK to anyone at Microsoft, I have resorted to posting on the forums. You can talk to someone about settings up an Xbox Series X but...
  7. Stolen Xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stolen Xbox account: A wile back i made the mistake of letting a guy play on one of my other accounts that i had at the time and while doing so he changed the email and password to the account and unlinked my email...
  8. Stolen Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stolen Xbox Series X: My Xbox Series X was stolen and I am currently wondering how I can lock that console so the robbers won't have access? 5b64b756-c35d-4d1d-9417-30282e1ae31b
  9. Stolen Xbox S Series Game system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stolen Xbox S Series Game system: Is there any way to Block my stolen system ? e0f5df11-5716-4c1a-96c2-cc9dfb101ab7
  10. 3 Xbox got stolen can i block the serie number

in XBoX Accessibility
    3 Xbox got stolen can i block the serie number: They broke into my house, can't contact Xbox somehow, please please please help don't know what to do. Also can the consoles be locked by seri number so the are useless to the ones that stole...