Storage missing-please help

Discus and support Storage missing-please help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a transfer cable to transfer data on my 250gb to a 320 gb hard drive. when i plugged it in, it ask me to format the 250, now i lost all my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DreamWarrior36, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Storage missing-please help

I bought a transfer cable to transfer data on my 250gb to a 320 gb hard drive. when i plugged it in, it ask me to format the 250, now i lost all my data and my 250 is now a 32 gb. when i put my 250 back in my 360 it says to update it but when i do, it says
    it needs to be bigger than a 190 mb. what is the problem i just want my 250 gb back. my serial number is 165815202405

:)

DreamWarrior36, Jan 24, 2014
  2. Storage problem please help!

No it didn't work :/ I talked to the Xbox Chat Service and they said it could be a cord when she tripped over it and unplugged it or it could be the whole device. However I plugged it into my computer and it popped up so it is really confusing me now.

xHeWasntReadyx, Jan 24, 2014
  3. Storage problem please help!

So I got a Seagate 3Tb external hard drive for extra storage for my xbox. It worked great got to free up space by transferring games to it, but a few days ago my niece accidently unplugged it and now my xbox wont read the hard drive and it put all my games
    back to need to be downloaded again. I tried to the troubleshooting methods but none work is there a way to get my xbox to recognize my hard drive again so I can reinstall them?

xHeWasntReadyx, Jan 24, 2014
  4. Storage missing-please help

That would be because you used a third party cable. Microsoft cannot offer support for aftermarket products. If your HDD now reads as 32 gigabytes that means it's being seen as a USB drive and that's all it will be able to hold.

You will have to buy a new HDD. Next time don't cheap out and buy third party products.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 24, 2014
  5. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

That would be because you used a third party cable. Microsoft cannot offer support for aftermarket products. If your HDD now reads as 32 gigabytes that means it's being seen as a USB drive and that's all it will be able to hold.

You will have to buy a new HDD. Next time don't cheap out and buy third party products.
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

Gamertag issues after migration

Hey there Pajolero! Sorry I missed the other issues here. These are quite weird; I've never heard of them before. So downloading your profile doesn't seem to help. What about trying a different storage device? Can you please remove your current storage and
    use a different hard drive or USB device. Let us know if downloading there helps, thanks!
  7. xHeWasntReadyx Win User

Storage problem please help!

No it didn't work :/ I talked to the Xbox Chat Service and they said it could be a cord when she tripped over it and unplugged it or it could be the whole device. However I plugged it into my computer and it popped up so it is really confusing me now.
  8. Olagistdotcom Win User

PLEASE HELP: NOT ENOUGH STORAGE!!

I will advice you to move the files that are already in your storage to somewhere else but if the error persist, it may be your storage is having issues or the files you are downloading is larger than the available space and you did not notice,

Hope it helps!

I blog on Trey Songz
  9. CH1M3RA RED Win User

Storage problem please help!

i am having a similar issue, got 2x 2 tb hard drives in a dual usb 3 hub, connected to my xbox one. the xbox shows no sign of reading them, like they are not attached. ive tried power cycling both units in many ways. no dice.

the hard drives pop right up when plugged into any computer in the house. ive formatted them, partitioned them, named the drives, and still nothing. its almost as if the xbox just doesnt have a driver in it to recognize such things.

any ideas?
Thema:

1. Storage missing-please help - Similar Threads - Storage missing please

2. Unable to select a storage device

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to select a storage device: Hello, I'm not able to install any game through the Xbox (Beta) app. When I select install I have no storage device, and there is nothing under the drop down box. I've restarted my computer and...
  3. Minecraft will not let me start a server, saying no storage space.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft will not let me start a server, saying no storage space.: Hi all, I have just downloaded Minecraft (through game pass) for the first time and I am trying to create a new server, but everytime I do I get the message saying "You are almost out of data...
  4. Best options to support for drives over 2 Tb in size? Just as Media Storage, and not Game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best options to support for drives over 2 Tb in size? Just as Media Storage, and not Game...: I have noticed that when I use a 3 Tb Western Digital external drive on my Xbox One X it cannot read movie files loaded onto the disk after the 2 Tb barrier is reached. The remaining 1 Tb is...
  5. Seagate 4 terabyte external storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seagate 4 terabyte external storage: I have be having problems with my external storage randomly disconnecting or not starting up the game to begin with it worked fine like a month ago and I’ve had this for 2 years and I have no idea...
  6. Xbox Game bar can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game bar can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I added a new hard drive to my system today, and ever since I get this popup: [img] I've tried everything I can think of to make it go away. I've uninstalled and re-installed everything Xbox...
  7. Games missing from storage, wonder if New Avatar Editor is buggy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games missing from storage, wonder if New Avatar Editor is buggy: I'll begin by stating that, about an hour ago, I used the New Xbox Avatar Editor that released today. Immediately after updating my avatar, I attempted to play some streaming media that I had...
  8. The storage device may be missing or disconnected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The storage device may be missing or disconnected: When I try to start the Forza Horizon 3 on my PC, I get the message that the game is offline and the storage device may be missing or disconnected. I would like a solution to this problem...
  9. Missing memory unit (internal storage) for Xbox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing memory unit (internal storage) for Xbox 360 S: ok... so I have this Xbox 360 S but it says it doesn’t have a memory unit. I have hard drives for it but I was wanting to use the internal storage to move stuff here and there but I can’t. I’ve...
  10. Deleted everything Storage still at 6.8% and 339.9gb, no idea where the missing 20gb are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleted everything Storage still at 6.8% and 339.9gb, no idea where the missing 20gb are...: I have deleted everything on my console, apps, profiles, games, checked lost add ons etc.. Still my screen shows internal storage at 6.8%. And 339.9gb free space. There seems to be something...