Storage Problems

Discus and support Storage Problems in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So im having problems with my storage. It says i have 411.3 GB free but at the same time when i try to play mine craft it gives me a error message "you... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HARD GAMER 78, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Storage Problems

So im having problems with my storage. It says i have 411.3 GB free but at the same time when i try to play mine craft it gives me a error message "you are almost out of data storage space! Minecraft has restricted access to this feature until you clear
    up additional storage space." So what i have done i installed a file explorer and found that its saying the same thing about storage but i cant find the item that is taking up all the "data Storage space" i have a xbox one S with a 1Tb hard drive please help

:)

HARD GAMER 78, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Bazajaytee Win User

Storage problems

You could move/delete some items from your HDD to make room. Once you have room for the download do the following:

Go to live.xbox.com/.../History

You should see your map pack purchase in the list. Click on ADD TO QUEUE on the right and it should appear on your console Active Downloads list. Once you make a purchase on Xbox you don't lose it, it will always appear in your Purchase History for you to
    download at any time.
  3. UpliftKnight Win User

Storage problems

Just delete some old stuff and install.No way of installing in any other hard drive unless you buy one.
  4. TCF StL Win User

Storage problem.

Are you a regular customer of the retailer you will be trading in your console?

If so, maybe you can ask them if they have the ability to transfer the data for you upon trade-in. I would check with them first though before you actually go do your trade-in. Hope this helps.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Storage Problems

Hi HARD GAMER 78

I have read some forum posts and some people have done a factory reset and others have done a hard reset to solve this. Below is a guide on how to do a hard reset(power cycle) and below that is a guide on how to do a factory reset. I would suggest to go
    with the hard reset(power cycle) first to see if that solves your problem. If not, please try the factory reset. Please make sure to read the guide thoroughly.

Physically power cycle the console

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

1. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
    Important If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will shut the console completely off. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.

Disconnect and reconnect your console's power cable

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
      Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One

Though rare, there are times when you may need to completely erase and restore your Xbox One, such as when you sell it or give it to a friend. There also may be times when you want to reset your console's operating system (OS) to its factory defaults for
    troubleshooting purposes, but you want to keep all of your installed games and apps. Xbox One provides a simple and easy way to perform both actions..

Warning Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. Your console syncs with Xbox Live automatically when it’s
    connected with the service, so if you've been offline for a while, you'll need to connect to Xbox Live before taking these steps.

Note If you can't perform the following procedure to restore the factory default settings because you have no picture on your screen or you can't access the Settings menu, you can also perform this action by using a file loaded onto a USB
    flash drive. For access to the file and the instructions, see How to reset your Xbox One console to factory defaults using a USB
    flash drive
    This option will delete your games and apps as well, so if possible, you should use the steps below.

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

1. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games &
        apps
        and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the Cancel button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

After you select one of the options, your Xbox One console will begin the process of erasing the selected content and resetting itself to the default settings.
  6. LunaLight7 Win User

Storage Problems

Make sure you have space in the console's internal memory. Normally when you use an external HardDisk on the console, it is usually formatted in the reading format used by the console system. So it is not possible to upload files in the data format commonly
    used by PCs, also because in theory, once the hard disk is connected to the console, it is asked to format the disk.

How to manage storage on Xbox One

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/manage-storage

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
Thema:

Storage Problems

1. Storage Problems - Similar Threads - Storage Problems

2. Storage glitch?? Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Storage glitch?? Problem: So, I was on xbox, I wanted to download Battlefield 1. I started downloading it. When I started to, I had 99.9 GB used, so I decided to delete Outlast 1 and its dlcs, I also stopped installing...
  3. Assassin's creed odyssey [STORAGE PROBLEM]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed odyssey [STORAGE PROBLEM]: Hey everybody, It's been 2 times that I find myself facing a problem of backup on Assassin's creed Odyssey on Xbox ONE. Indeed I find myself at level 45 after being first mounted at level 49 and...
  4. External Storage Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Problem: Recently noticed that my 4TB external drive is no longer being recognized upon startup on the XBOX One S. I've done a hard reset, adjusted power settings, and the ONLY way for my games to move...
  5. Xbox One S Storage Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Storage Problems: Ok so I'm having a problem. I have a Xbox One S which came with 500 GB. I went to go clear some space for a new game I got cause I ran out of space for it. And it appears my console only has 364.9...
  6. external storage problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    external storage problem: I recently got a 1tb ssd it didn't get recognized by the xbox right away i had to format it on the pc first. now the issue i am having is after i play a game and turn off the xbox and go to play...
  7. Problème espace de stockage [Translation - Storage space problem]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problème espace de stockage [Translation - Storage space problem]: Bonjour tous, Je viens vers vous car depuis hier l'espace de stockage de ma console ne se met pas jour. C'est dire que j'ai supprimé un jeu pour en télécharger un autre sauf que l'espace...
  8. Problems with Xbox One X recognizing media files on external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with Xbox One X recognizing media files on external storage: Hi, My Xbox One X is recognizing my external media storage but not all of the files on the drive. For the limited number of files that appear, multiple files produce an error messor when I try to...
  9. Problem with my storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with my storage: I’m having a problem with my storage, whenever I would play games, my Xbox would say there is not enough storage to save, even though I had about 25% of free storage on the internal drive. I then...
  10. External storage problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage problems?: If you have external storage stop HARD resetting/powering down your system with the external storage attached. This is the main culprit in your drive dropping off and never coming back. I'm not...