Strange Steam, 360, PC Xbox user question RE achievements on Xbox web app.

Discus and support Strange Steam, 360, PC Xbox user question RE achievements on Xbox web app. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So here's my issue. TLDR version... My achievements on the Xbox website (don't own a console), show at least 1 of my games with no achievements. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ALBINO RAT, Sep 13, 2022.

1. ALBINO RAT
    ALBINO RAT Guest

So here's my issue.

TLDR version...

My achievements on the Xbox website (don't own a console), show at least 1 of my games with no achievements.

I believe it's a bug that MS / Xbox would want to fix or might know a work around. Might relate to owning multiple copies (Xbox & Steam).

Background...

Last Xbox console I owned was a 360. Packed away somewhere.

Have a good PC these days. Kept my Xbox Gold Ultimate going and play various Xbox games and free ones via my PC.

Got a big Steam catalogue these days which is what I mostly play. Mainly PC direct games if you will.

I am a HUGE fanboy of Valve and one of my fav games of all time is Left 4 Dead/2.

So, I was happy to own multiple copies.

360 gone to bed, lets re-buy via Steam.

I have rebought but haven't played a HUGE amount as yet.

Today I wanted to look up my achievements for Left 4 Dead 2 from the Xbox days and boy is it hard work finding the right place online (kinda feedback there)...

Widget (windows key and G) nope, green app thingy (pin-able to task bar on PC) nope, xbox.com to find my way via my profile button (top right) to get there. Phew.

Achievements, right? Sooo

Drop downs. Filter to 360. Great

No Left 4 Dead 2

Xbox One. Could it be there?

Nope

Is it in PC games.

Nope.

But if I set the filter to ALL it clearly shows a lot my steam owned games, with 0 achievements for any of them.

Left 4 Dead 2 is there with no achievements showing.

I'm really not bothered as to why it seems to be unsure, perhaps due to me having a copy on my hard drive on this PC that is linked to Steam.

But

Why would an MS app / website / dedicated profile, on its own page not prefer any of my Xbox related data or accounts?

Clearly it's looking at my hard drive here rather than a cloud?

I'd rather just have my Xbox stuff in that place online.

I'd rather any of my Xbox related apps and profiles take precedence in displaying Xbox related things?

Is there an option I'm missing somewhere to set some sort of preference?

Is this something you're aware of / feedback for a fix perhaps here?

I assume it's uncommon as there's not many idiots like me who buy multiple copies like rabid fanboys. Lol

My main reason for wanting to see my achievements was, I believe, you can find out total hours you've played in a given game and I'm intrigued to know about my cumulative hours in L4D2 but anyway, I'm rambling as always.

I'd be appreciative of any answer that can be given.

:)

ALBINO RAT, Sep 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Albino

Just to let you know, most of the steam games aren't compatible with the Xbox achievements.
    If you want to earn achievements on PC you need to play the Microsoft store / Xbox app version.

Now, going back to left 4 dead achievements done in the past. Right now there is an ongoing issue about some Xbox 360 achievements disappeared from everywhere except the Xbox 360 dashboard (I mean, only can be seen if you own a 360)
    Microsoft is already aware of the issue and they're working as soon as possible to fix it.
    (But there is no ETA yet)

You can keep an eye on the main thread here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

There is an issue with some Xbox 360 games not showing on the Xbox profile. Left 4 Dead 2 could be one of the games affected by this. Microsoft are working on it, it's just taking longer than they thought it would. Hopefully the issue will be fixed soon.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Not receiving Achievements from games I have previously earned from Steam.

Steam and xbox pc app share the same achievements. You can't reroll them from the same account.
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

Do Steam Games Show Up in Achievements?

Technically you will not be able to receive achievements on Xbox from games purchased from Steam.

It is the Xbox app on PC that picks up the games and then add those games on your Microsoft account.

So far i have not seen any way of removing the Steam games from your achievement list.
  6. DocHolliday 7 Win User

The whole Smartglass stuff seems to lame to me!

[quote user="JimmyRespawn"]
    I can't check Xbox One game achievement on my Smartglass app and Web. I was hardly to find who is online on my friends list cuz it's sorted by alphabet.

The whole app isn't that smooth on Windows 8 and WP8. No notification support for it either.

[/quote] Really? I can check and see all of my achievements no problem. Xbox One Smartglass app, I believe is completely different from the Xbox 360 Smartglass app.
Thema:

1. Strange Steam, 360, PC Xbox user question RE achievements on Xbox web app. - Similar Threads - Strange Steam 360

2. Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When...: I have a controller that is having left stick and D-Pad issues after the firmware update. I have tried to revert the firmware through my Xbox and through a Windows 10 computer with the Xbox...
  3. Minecraft on Xbox series x Strange Update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on Xbox series x Strange Update.: Hello together. I was currently playing Minecraft with one of my friend on the Xbox series x. I've started the Game and wasn't able to create a world. Everytime i was hitting the create world...
  4. Strange issue during turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strange issue during turning on: Hello. I have my Xbox Series X since launch. I noticed that when you turn console off, sometimes fan is spinni.g or no. I don't know if that is fine but it can be important to my question....
  5. My Xbox makes a strange sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox makes a strange sound: Hi every one, So I’ve had my Xbox for nearly 2 years it’s the series x but lately it had adapted to making a strange noise usually form start up and when it is shut down some times even when it...
  6. Life is strange before the storm Achievements not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Life is strange before the storm Achievements not unlocking: Playing life is strange before the storm and got all the collectibles/done everything to 100% the game. Shows I’ve done it in game but achievements haven’t unlocked as it’s stuck at 86%...
  7. Xbox having strange connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having strange connection issues: My download speeds are ok, but I basically can't play games because they all disconnect me saying there was a problem with my internet connection. I can stay in parties and talk to people with no...
  8. What's going on with Microsoft store pre order of the life is strange Remastered game from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's going on with Microsoft store pre order of the life is strange Remastered game from...: One thing I forgot about when preordering life is strange true colors ultimate edition. I may of pre ordered it in windows 10 Microsoft store and not the xbox store app version, but I have no way...
  9. My account has a very strange issue....

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has a very strange issue....: For the past few years I noticed that my right stick has gotten extremely stiff. Originally I though it was because of my controller, but after buying about 9 different controllers all with the...
  10. What's going on with updates to the Xbox one X, the life is strange Remastered game is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's going on with updates to the Xbox one X, the life is strange Remastered game is...: What's going on with updates to the Xbox one X, the life is strange Remastered game is getting Xbox live popup for subscription? also, my second problem I keep getting an Xbox store update prompt...