Stream Movies Through External Drive with June Update?

Discus and support Stream Movies Through External Drive with June Update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, With the new June update that allows attaching an external through USB 3.0, will we be able to access movies/music on external drives through the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HunterK720, Jun 4, 2014.

1. HunterK720
    HunterK720 Guest

Hi,

With the new June update that allows attaching an external through USB 3.0, will we be able to access movies/music on external drives through the Xbox One dashboard?

Even better would be if we could just USB straight to a PC tower and access the files from there, but at the least would I be able to transfer it from PC > HD > One so I don't have to switch imputs to allow streaming. Currently I have a tower hooked up to my
    tv for all my digital media/internets, but would like to have the xbox One everything together.

Thanks!

:)

HunterK720, Jun 4, 2014
  2. Gayton81
    Gayton81 Guest
    XBox One Media Player App will not pull movie album artwork through DLNA

Has anyone found a resolution besides using PLEX to stream their collected movies through DLNA and have the XBox one pull the metadata?

Info:

I use a GoFlex Seagate Home 2TB to stream my media from. Artwork is included in my files as well as other information such as author, actors, year, etc.

I have an external drive with the same movies on it and when the external is plugged through USB to the XBox, the media player app will show the movie cover, but the NAS through DLNA still does not.

Any help or recommendations would be great, Microsoft told me that metadata cannot be provided through NAS and DLNA.

Gayton81, Jun 4, 2014
  3. DERVO23
    DERVO23 Guest
    Can XBox one search for Media Servers?

On my PS3 I used to be able to access my external drive that was attached to my router and stream music and movies that were saved on the hard drive (on the PS3). Am I able to do the same with XBox One?

DERVO23, Jun 4, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

The June update only allows the storage of game files on the external storage right now. It's been said that they're still looking at supporting other media types in the future, but it's not present in the June update.

maxen, Jun 4, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

The June update only allows the storage of game files on the external storage right now. It's been said that they're still looking at supporting other media types in the future, but it's not present in the June update.
  6. MessiahBrowny Win User

Xbox one memory is too small

external hard drive coming june yay
  7. Midnight Racer Win User

EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE FOR XBOX ONE

It is my understanding that once you format the drive via the Xbox One it can only be used by the One. Also the functionality of watching a movie or such from an external drive is not present as of yet. However you can use the function "Play to" with in
    Win 7/8 to stream the movie to your Xbox. There might be some caveats as to what will stream, for example .mkv's files. However the videos I have that are .wmv, .mp4 and the like stream just fine.

Hope that helps
  8. matty360 Win User
  9. matty360 Win User

Hard drive already full, we have 12 games installed on the hard drive (no demos or music just games) today we bought wolfenstein only to be told we cannot install due t

Thema:

1. Stream Movies Through External Drive with June Update? - Similar Threads - Stream Movies Through

2. Error code 0x000005b4 when streaming movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x000005b4 when streaming movies: I pre ordered avengers endgame and everyone I try to play it it comes up with error code 0x000005b4. Nothing on the website about this code. Im a bit angry to say the least. I cannot even get...
  3. xbox will not stream movie from the movie&tv app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox will not stream movie from the movie&tv app.: went to purchase a movie to watch then had to download the movies & tv app. Will play a small clip of 2-3 seconds image goes away but still plays audio. 34b2acc7-b27a-4d80-b6b9-16597102a042
  4. Cant stream movie due to service alert

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant stream movie due to service alert: I have been having an issue with streaming and downloading videos on my xbox 360. I will play a movie and the it will play ok for a couple of minutes then the loading circle pops up and it stops...
  5. I would like to limit the amount of time that my son can stream movies ands TV through his xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to limit the amount of time that my son can stream movies ands TV through his xbox: my son just bought a new monitor and he now has his xbox in his room instead of in the family room. we have strict limits on the length of time that he can play games, but I cannot figure out how...
  6. Why do I have inconsistent streaming quality when using movies and tv?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have inconsistent streaming quality when using movies and tv?: When i watch a movie using the movies and tv app the quality of video is all over the place. One minute i could be fine watching a movie in HD, then 5 minutes later im watching a grainy wavy...
  7. Streaming purchased movies & tv on other devices?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming purchased movies & tv on other devices?!: I purchase the majority of my movies through the Xbox One Movies and T.V. option because they are usually cheaper than buying a physical copy in a store. So my question is, why isn’t there an app...
  8. HD Movie purchase freezes and streams in SD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HD Movie purchase freezes and streams in SD: This evening I purchased an HD version of the movie Riddick. The movie quality was horrible! When it wasn't freezing up, it ran in SD quality most of the time. I've streamed 4K movies through...
  9. Streaming 4k Movies

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming 4k Movies: I will never purchase or rent another movie through microsoft...you're streaming service is terrible and I'm guessing that you already know that. I'll go back to actually purchasing blue rays....
  10. Cannot Stream from Microsoft Movies and TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Stream from Microsoft Movies and TV: Hello, Within the last couple of days, I have not been able to stream from Microsoft Movies and TV. I do not get an error message, it is just that the video will not play when I select it. I...