Stream xbox using chromebook (Linux)

Discus and support Stream xbox using chromebook (Linux) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I am just trying to set up and monitor my stream using OS Chromebook. I've spent most of the day trying to get this to work in any way, but it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SovereignSAVAG3, May 30, 2019.

1. Stream xbox using chromebook (Linux)

Hello,

I am just trying to set up and monitor my stream using OS Chromebook. I've spent most of the day trying to get this to work in any way, but it seems nearly impossible. I currently have OBS that I would like to use for monitoring, but I am completely open
    to any suggestions? I have an hdmi adapter going to usb-c, but it is only mirroring my computer onto the xbox instead of the other way around. Please anyone let me know if you have ran into this same issue, or have any knowledge on how to proceed? Thanks for
    the support!!

:)

SovereignSAVAG3, May 30, 2019
  2. Ta5man186 Win User

It really wont work on any operating system other than windows 10. The windows 10 app is the only legitimate way to stream your xbox to play on the move. Personally i use a macbook with windows 10 bootcamped on it, native support for the controller is good,
    as is the ability to use game sound/ party chat through the macbook
  3. AridLizard Win User

are you streaming to mixer or twitch from your xbox?

if you are then I'd suggest using the app to stream directly from your console and then log into your stream on your chromebook using a web browser so you can monitor the chat that way
  4. Aventhyz Win User

offline update

You can use a Linux, Mac or Chromebook, but You need a PC to save the file in the flash drive
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

offline update

Hi, if you have another PC (Chromebook, Apple iMac, Linux), then using one of those will work too. Just download the offline update to a usb stick, and follow the instructions on the website. If you don't have any of those, then asking a friend or using
    a library computer will work just as good.
  6. mr funknuts Win User

Advantages of Windows Media Center with Xbox 360

you can stream through windows media player aswell which saves you starting a media sharing program on your pc every time you want to stream as long as it is turned on and on the network it will work.

on linux, ps3 media server also works well for the xbox 360 thats what i use when using linux
Thema:

1. Stream xbox using chromebook (Linux) - Similar Threads - Stream using chromebook

2. Streaming is not working for me I set up the whole thing to use local streaming (not cloud)...

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming is not working for me I set up the whole thing to use local streaming (not cloud)...: I set up the whole thing to use local streaming (not cloud) and every time I try to set up a new console but I get told it's not in my ring or region but I live in the US of A submitted by...
  3. Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.: Really frustrated. I have enjoyed streaming movies and listening through my headset for a couple years. Now suddenly, the controller will turn off every 15 minutes or so. I can no longer enjoy a...
  4. taking screen captures on xbox one while streaming using xbox companion app

in XBoX on Windows
    taking screen captures on xbox one while streaming using xbox companion app: i stream my xbox to my windows 10 laptop using the xbox companion app and connect a controller to the laptop to play, this works perfectly. if i try to take a capture or a clip i get a message...
  5. Console streaming doesn't respond fully while using the Moto GamePad for the Motorola Z phone

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming doesn't respond fully while using the Moto GamePad for the Motorola Z phone: submitted by /u/Donnymane88 [link] [comments]
  6. Possible to use XBox streaming without bluetooth controller connected?

in XboX Insiders
    Possible to use XBox streaming without bluetooth controller connected?: Is there a way to bypass the connected bluetooth device requirement to start streaming on an Android device? I'm sitting 10 ft. away from the XBox, therefore, I can use a directly connected...
  7. Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming: The controller functions normally when connected to the Xbox itself. When game streaming, the sticks, triggers, and d-pad do not work giving no input while the bumpers and other buttons function...
  8. issue streaming games with OBS using XBox (beta) app

in XBoX on Windows
    issue streaming games with OBS using XBox (beta) app: Win 10 fully updated, all drivers current ect. Unable to use streaming software to stream games using xbox game pass. I have been able to isolate the issue being when you choose the window you...
  9. Cant console stream from XCloud app using mobile data.

in XboX Insiders
    Cant console stream from XCloud app using mobile data.: When Im using mobile data..... XCloud games run great. No major problems there. However, I CANNOT connect to my xbox for console streaming. It sees my Xbox and has the connect button but always...
  10. Can use xCloud but not Console Streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Can use xCloud but not Console Streaming?: Am I doing something incorrectly? I can stream games via xCloud but not able to with Console Streaming, it just says learn more in the android app. I am part of the insider program and have it...