Stream xbox using chromebook (Linux)

Discus and support Stream xbox using chromebook (Linux) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I am just trying to set up and monitor my stream using OS Chromebook. I've spent most of the day trying to get this to work in any way, but it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SovereignSAVAG3, May 30, 2019.

1. Stream xbox using chromebook (Linux)

Hello,

I am just trying to set up and monitor my stream using OS Chromebook. I've spent most of the day trying to get this to work in any way, but it seems nearly impossible. I currently have OBS that I would like to use for monitoring, but I am completely open
    to any suggestions? I have an hdmi adapter going to usb-c, but it is only mirroring my computer onto the xbox instead of the other way around. Please anyone let me know if you have ran into this same issue, or have any knowledge on how to proceed? Thanks for
    the support!!

:)

SovereignSAVAG3, May 30, 2019
  2. Ta5man186 Win User

It really wont work on any operating system other than windows 10. The windows 10 app is the only legitimate way to stream your xbox to play on the move. Personally i use a macbook with windows 10 bootcamped on it, native support for the controller is good,
    as is the ability to use game sound/ party chat through the macbook
  3. AridLizard Win User

are you streaming to mixer or twitch from your xbox?

if you are then I'd suggest using the app to stream directly from your console and then log into your stream on your chromebook using a web browser so you can monitor the chat that way
  4. Aventhyz Win User

offline update

You can use a Linux, Mac or Chromebook, but You need a PC to save the file in the flash drive
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

offline update

Hi, if you have another PC (Chromebook, Apple iMac, Linux), then using one of those will work too. Just download the offline update to a usb stick, and follow the instructions on the website. If you don't have any of those, then asking a friend or using
    a library computer will work just as good.
  6. mr funknuts Win User

Advantages of Windows Media Center with Xbox 360

you can stream through windows media player aswell which saves you starting a media sharing program on your pc every time you want to stream as long as it is turned on and on the network it will work.

on linux, ps3 media server also works well for the xbox 360 thats what i use when using linux
Thema:

1. Stream xbox using chromebook (Linux) - Similar Threads - Stream using chromebook

2. xbox使用有线连接串流到电脑后画面质量差 [Translation - Xbox uses a wired connection to stream to the computer...

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox使用有线连接串流到电脑后画面质量差 [Translation - Xbox uses a wired connection to stream to the computer...: 出差在外想用surface book 2串联xbox来玩游戏,于是将book 2和Xbox都使用网线连接在了同一个路由器上, 网速很快,肯定是没有问题的然后我用Xbox控制台小助手串联了两台设备,虽然串联画面质量我已经设置成了很高, 但是画面还是会发白发亮,画面质量很差,很影响体验,请问这个问题如何解决? ---------- [Mod Translation - On a...
  3. How to use XB1 as a WiFi streaming device for Amazon Prime TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use XB1 as a WiFi streaming device for Amazon Prime TV?: I am ashamed to say that all I do is put game discs into the slot and play. I have never investigated the apps, store, mixer(?), etc. So I saw an ad on youtube for Roku and a video showing an XB1...
  4. unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion: I got a new laptop, updated everything then tried to use the xbox app (xbox console companion) to stream from my xbox one S to my laptop. It will let me stream only once after I start up xbox but...
  5. Sound using streaming apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound using streaming apps: I am having pretty much the same issue in streaming apps. Specifically, radio streaming. Basically apps like pandora, iheartradio, etc... Is there some setting I need to look at, or something I...
  6. Streaming Fortnite using Twitch app from Microsoft store - sound issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming Fortnite using Twitch app from Microsoft store - sound issues: Hi all, Doing a search on these forums I've seen some people having problems with different games - when playing with non-Xbox friends they oter participants voice is not heard on the stream....
  7. Streaming PC games to Xbox technical question: Which GPU is used?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming PC games to Xbox technical question: Which GPU is used?: Hello, I've been looking around for some specifics on the ability to stream from a PC to an Xbox one, but haven't found the details. If I play a PC game, and stream it to an XBox One X, will...
  8. Using your mic while streaming to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Using your mic while streaming to pc: While not streaming my mic that is directly connected to my xbox works. But the seccond I star streaming my mic that is still connected directly to my xbox is muted I cant speak but I can still...
  9. Can you use a keyboard and mouse with xbox game stream?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use a keyboard and mouse with xbox game stream?: Can you use your keyboard and mouse with xbox game stream? I know in the past when casting your xbox one to your windows 10 PC you had to use a controller but I'm just wondering if that has...
  10. Using allcast to stream showbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using allcast to stream showbox: I have been using the app on my android to stream ahowbox to my xbox one for a while now it says it's not locating the xbox at all I've downloaded 4 diff apps and all say the same thing my android...