Streaming media from windows to Xbox

Discus and support Streaming media from windows to Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have 2 problems setting up a file sharing from my desktop (Win 10) to my Xbox one : - There seems to be a maximum folder depth for the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by COVETPierre-Antoine, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Streaming media from windows to Xbox

Hi everyone,

I have 2 problems setting up a file sharing from my desktop (Win 10) to my Xbox one :

- There seems to be a maximum folder depth for the xbox to see the videos I share. For exemple, a file like Series/My serie/Episode1.mkv works fine but the same file under Series/My serie/Season1/Episode1.mkv doesn't. Xbox says folder Season1 is empty.
    I insist that I just moved the same file to another folder.

- The .mkv file works fine using the Movies and TV app on my computer. I can use the Stream on Xbox function from my PC and it works too (providing i dont try to advance or go back in time, wich makes it all crash) but when i try to play it directly from
    the xbox it doesn't work. The xBox and Windows version of Movies & Tv are not the same ?

:)

COVETPierre-Antoine, Nov 6, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Not fully resetting.

3. The Last Ewok Win User

Question about streaming music from my computer..

Hi there Non!

So to stream from XP to your 360, follow the instructions in this article.
    windows.microsoft.com/.../stream-xbox

Note that it calls for Media Player 11. If you look at the top of that page, there is a link to download Media Player 11.

Hope that help!
  4. Hordie Win User

Xbox One AS a media server, not a streaming receiver

Hi BrianRagle,

The Xbox One isn't really designed to be a network media server. You can only stream from your Xbox to your Windows 10 PC using the Xbox App for Windows 10. However protected video and HDCP-protected content can't be streamed with game streaming. This includes
    protected HDMI television content as well as the content from many media applications.

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming
  5. Mister Parks Win User

Windows 8 PC doesn't recognize Xbox, and vice versa

Hey there Turkeye,

Have you tried streaming to your Xbox 360 from your PC with Windows Media Player on your computer? From the Start screen on your computer, just start typing Windows Media Player, and it should show up.

Once you have Windows Media Player open, follow the steps for Windows Media Player 12 from the steps at our page to

Stream media using Zune or Windows Media Player

Let us know if using that software gets your content over to your console. Thanks.
  6. maxen Win User

XBOX 360 and Game Streaming

Are you trying to stream a game from Xbox 360 to Windows 10? That's not supported - the media center of old was for streaming videos and songs.

There is a way to stream Xbox 360 games to Windows 10, but it involved using an Xbox One and playing the backwards compatible Xbox 360 on the Xbox 360, then streaming the Xbox One to Windows 10.
Thema:

Streaming media from windows to Xbox

1. Streaming media from windows to Xbox - Similar Threads - Streaming media windows

2. : Media streaming

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Media streaming: : Media streaming That feature was discontinued. The only thing you can do is upload the media stuff to Onedrive and access it in console. b942d675-b37f-4e70-ad73-6f6c5b8645a7
  3. Streaming from Windows Media Player to my Xbox 1 through my network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming from Windows Media Player to my Xbox 1 through my network.: I have been streaming my Music Collection from my PC to my Xbox 1, I have certain folders that do not show up on the xbox. This most recent folder contains MP3's is that whats causing this, or do...
  4. Trying to stream video's from windows 8.1 PC to Xbox 360 without windows media center

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to stream video's from windows 8.1 PC to Xbox 360 without windows media center: I've been trying to get my windows 8.1 PC to stream video's to my Xbox 360 and Im finding the only way possible is with Windows Media Center. This was not included with my PC when I bought it...
  5. Streaming media problems with windows 8.1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming media problems with windows 8.1: My xbox360 is connected via Ethernet to my home network as is my the computer hosting my videos. Media center keeps disconnecting the xbox. I saw the discussion that described using streaming with...
  6. Media streaming on Windows 7 works over wireless but not wired with TL-WR1043ND router

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media streaming on Windows 7 works over wireless but not wired with TL-WR1043ND router: I have no issue discovering and streaming media from my laptop connected over wireless, but I have been unable to get my Xbox 360 to discover my PC which is connected via ethernet cable to my...
  7. No more windows media center, how can I connect the 360 to my laptop to stream my movies?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No more windows media center, how can I connect the 360 to my laptop to stream my movies?: Hi everyone! So I am getting sick and tired connecting my laptop via HDMI to my tv. I've been trying to connect my laptop to the 360 via media servers and it's not working, nor can I download...
  8. Is internet needed to stream using Windows Media Center?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is internet needed to stream using Windows Media Center?: I have used win media center to stream movies for years. The pc is Win 7 and we have dsl. Our internet went out a couple of days ago and now I am unable to stream to the Xbox. Shows I am still...
  9. Streaming Media (Videos/Music) to Xbox One from Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming Media (Videos/Music) to Xbox One from Windows 10: Hi, I'm trying to stream video from my Windows 10 laptop to my Xbox One. I have enabled media streaming on my computer, and it does show the Xbox as a device which can access media content....
  10. Can't stream from Windows 7 (missing media renderer driver). AGHGHGERGGHRH....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't stream from Windows 7 (missing media renderer driver). AGHGHGERGGHRH....: Hi, can't get my XBOX1 to work with my Windows7 laptop. My laptop sees the XBOX1 but is completely unable to install a - obviously needed - driver for media rendering. When I start WMP12 I can use...