Streaming on Xbox 360

Discus and support Streaming on Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So it occurred to me today that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to stream from the Xbox 360. Maybe I am just spoiled from using Mixer. What do you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScottTHEscammeR, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:43 AM.

1. Streaming on Xbox 360

So it occurred to me today that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to stream from the Xbox 360. Maybe I am just spoiled from using Mixer. What do you guys use? I have an elgato. Is that my best bet, or is there a more simple way?

Thanks in advance!

:)

ScottTHEscammeR, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:43 AM
  2. maxen Win User

XBOX 360 and Game Streaming

Are you trying to stream a game from Xbox 360 to Windows 10? That's not supported - the media center of old was for streaming videos and songs.

There is a way to stream Xbox 360 games to Windows 10, but it involved using an Xbox One and playing the backwards compatible Xbox 360 on the Xbox 360, then streaming the Xbox One to Windows 10.
  3. Lofty Who Win User

Xbox's E3 to be focused on hardcore gamers

4. Arminator Win User

PLEASE HELP

You can't connect the Xbox 360 to the Xbox App. Only the Xbox One can stream to the Xbox App.

Long explanation:

The Xbox One has specifically resources reserved to record or stream the console's video output, so you can stream to Beam or Twitch, or record your Gameplay.

The Xbox 360 does not have these resources. And since compressing and streaming video requires a lot of CPU power, and the Xbox 360 is uses nearly 98% CPU resources for rendering games (the rest is used for Guide, Parties and background music), the Xbox
    360 also can't get an update to allow game streaming.

In short: It's not possible to connect the Xbox App to the 360.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Streaming on Xbox 360

There is no built in streaming to the Xbox 360 console. Using the Elgato or another capture card would be the easiest way to stream that content. I agree, the built in streaming for Xbox One and Windows 10 is pretty great and can spoil you, but it's
    not available for the Xbox 360.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Connect Xbox 360 to Surface Book??

Hey there AshlinNina10.

I'm afraid there isn't an option to stream an Xbox 360 to your Surface Book. The Xbox One has an option to stream to PCs, but this was never introduced on the Xbox 360.
Thema:

Streaming on Xbox 360

1. Streaming on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Streaming 360

2. Xbox 360 Twitch app will not play streams

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Twitch app will not play streams: This app quit working several months ago. I am logged on with Twitch account and can see the people I follow, but when i try to play any stream the little spinning circle in the middle of the...
  3. xbox 360 twitch app not opening streams

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 twitch app not opening streams: I open the app and am signed in but when i open a stream it loads and tells me "Error twitch server unavailable" .. no matter how many times i try to open streams this is the only message i get. I...
  4. Xbox 360 Streaming apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Streaming apps: Split from this thread. Hi! I'm completely new to this venue. I've tried to contact Microsoft Xbox support directly to no avail. It took me an hour just to figure this out and come here for...
  5. FunimationNOW not streaming on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FunimationNOW not streaming on xbox 360: App use to work fine, but now it won't stream. After the app loads and I work though the menu, I select a video to stream on my xbox 360 FunimationNOW app and I get this error: Sorry, the...
  6. Can an Xbox 360 have it's games streamed to an Windows 10 PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can an Xbox 360 have it's games streamed to an Windows 10 PC?: I understand that the Xbox One can stream it's games to a Windows 10 PC with the official Xbox app, and thus can be played from PC. But can you also do this from an Xbox 360, so that I can use my...
  7. Stream Xbox One games to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stream Xbox One games to Xbox 360: I have a Xbox One and a Xbox 360. I recently started using the xbox app in windows 10 and I was wondering if there was a way to stream my xbox one games to my xbox 360 console? This would be...
  8. Twitch App (Xbox 360) Not Playing Streams

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch App (Xbox 360) Not Playing Streams: Hello all, A few weeks ago, I fired up the Xbox 360 Twitch App for the first time in a few months, and when I went to watch a Stream, it would simply give me a black screen. This happened with...
  9. Stream xbox 360 on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stream xbox 360 on xbox one: Hi. I have set up my Xbox 360 to go trough the Xbox One (like TV), this works like a charm. My problem is that i want this to also work when i connect to my Xbox trough streaming. If i first...
  10. streaming on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    streaming on 360: can i stream a game from my 360 to my windows 10 laptop d12491a3-e2ab-4143-9c04-ac01fd010d6d