Streaming Videos from Laptop to Xbox One

Discus and support Streaming Videos from Laptop to Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop which is running Bit Defender Total Security & Windows 8.1, seems to be blocking me playing a video to my Xbox One. Right Clicking the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JVenables, Mar 17, 2014.

1. JVenables
    JVenables Guest

Hi, my laptop which is running Bit Defender Total Security & Windows 8.1, seems to be blocking me playing a video to my Xbox One. Right Clicking the file & selecting Play To Xbox One. i get a brief pop up advising that Bit Defender is blocking a port
    scan & the file doesnt play.

this isnt' an issue with the xbox one, as I can stream no problem from my tablet to my xbox one....Just hoping like minded individuals have experienced similar and can hopefully assist

Any guidance would be appreciated please

:)

JVenables, Mar 17, 2014
  2. PrimoFuSion
    PrimoFuSion Guest
    Streaming from Laptop

Check out TVersity, that seems to work well for me when streaming films.

PrimoFuSion, Mar 17, 2014
  3. Piztup-
    Piztup- Guest
    Streaming from Laptop

Try uninstalling Zune, and reinstalling it, then reset up the share option. Remember to have the 360 switched on when you do. Might not help, but has worked for me in the past when if stopped working.

Piztup-, Mar 17, 2014
  4. Dusk Thorn Win User

Home Group and how to find your Xbox One ?

I don’t know if I got my Xbox One on my home group but I was able to stream videos from my laptop to my Xbox One by

Installing the Xbox Video app on the Xbox One

Playing the movie from Video on my PC

From the Charm Bar select Devices

Click on Xbox One.

Got to give both systems a minute to “sign in” but it worked.
  5. Rav3nw1nd Win User

Repeated Disconnects from XBox Live

Yes, I have multiple other wireless devices that can connect to the Internet and stream videos/movies with no issues. I can stream video on my laptop, ipad, and Samsung Bluray player. Only the XBox is having issues disconnecting from XBox Live.

Thanks,

Dave
  6. ItzAprilLol Win User

Connecting an xbox to a laptop screen

Hello!

Almost no laptops support video into them to use the screen as an input for another device. If your Xbox is already set up and working, you could potentially stream the video from your Xbox to your laptop using the Xbox App. I would recommend having both
    your console and the laptop connected to a wired network for this. Aside from that your only option would be to use a different display (monitor, TV, projector, etc.)
    Hello, He is correct, you can stream your Xbox right to your laptop. I do it all the time with no issues.
  7. TastelessCone16 Win User

Hello!

Almost no laptops support video into them to use the screen as an input for another device. If your Xbox is already set up and working, you could potentially stream the video from your Xbox to your laptop using the Xbox App. I would recommend having both
    your console and the laptop connected to a wired network for this. Aside from that your only option would be to use a different display (monitor, TV, projector, etc.)
    Is there any software that can enable video input?
  8. Tormaz Win User

Hello!

Thema:

1. Streaming Videos from Laptop to Xbox One - Similar Threads - Streaming Videos Laptop

2. Prime Video and Netflix not streaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Prime Video and Netflix not streaming: From past one week, both Netflix and Prime video are not streaming on my xbox one. I am able to login to both the apps but when i click on play..they load for a second and issue a problem The...
  3. Why does the Xbox One X force all content (including streaming video) into ALLM if VRR is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the Xbox One X force all content (including streaming video) into ALLM if VRR is...: Over the course of the past month, I've been playing around with the Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) options on my Xbox One X (X1X) as displayed on my LG C9 OLED. I've...
  4. Streaming and making videos to youtube from xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming and making videos to youtube from xbox: Dear Xbox, I am writing to you for a request that alot of people are asking for and that is why i am writing for there behalf. Many xbox players would love to stream to youtube and I think it...
  5. Problems streaming video on Xbox browsers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems streaming video on Xbox browsers: Any time the i try to watch tv shows on using microsoft edge on my xbox, the video will restart at completely random times. Sometimes its 5 minutes in others its 20 but ive found this issue to be...
  6. Xbox static boot up screen and green with streaming Videos.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox static boot up screen and green with streaming Videos.: Hi I am having an issue where my Xbox One X is showing a static screen when booting up after a hard reset and when trying to use apps that stream videos, I get green screen and audio only. I...
  7. Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working: Hello Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working. Response is website is not responding in left and a recover webpage button in right, It use work initial days. It is not...
  8. Xbox streaming video is blank green screen. Help!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox streaming video is blank green screen. Help!: I have two laptops running Windows 10. One logs into and streams my Xbox One just fine. The other laptop will log onto the Xbox but I get no video or audio feed, only a blank green screen. The...
  9. Streaming Video XBox One (edge)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming Video XBox One (edge): Hi, Trying to watch Eleven Sports on Edge via Xbox One, every time I open up the stream/content it says about opening up with an app and looks for 'https' obviously doesn't find aby apps...
  10. Xbox Streaming Glitched Video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Streaming Glitched Video: Recently my Xbox One X to Windows 10 Streaming stopped working correctly; now the video glitches (generally green) at the bottom half of the screen. It previously worked great, even at high...