Stuck Installing The Xbox Desktop App

Discus and support Stuck Installing The Xbox Desktop App in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Right now I am currently experiencing a problem on my PC where I cannot install the Xbox desktop app, the installer will boot up just fine, and so will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MosT Swift, Sep 17, 2020.

1. MosT Swift
    MosT Swift Guest

Right now I am currently experiencing a problem on my PC where I cannot install the Xbox desktop app, the installer will boot up just fine, and so will the pop up for the Terms and Services, but as soon as I start the download, it will simply be stuck on
    the phrase "Making Things Awesome..."

I have restarted my PC, uninstalled the installer and then reinstalled it, did it again and than ran it as administrator, I have no error messages, had no system restart during the attempt at installation, and I have a ton of storage available, and I don't
    think it would really affect my storage too much with the desktop app alone.

Help?

:)

MosT Swift, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Tom.Servaux Win User

Game pass for PC save location

I just signed up for the Xbox Game Pass for PC. I downloaded Cross Code to my desktop but I also want to play on my laptop. I installed the Game Pass app on both and played for several hours on my desktop. When in installed both again on my laptop the save
    for me desktop is not there. Does Game Pass for PC support Cloud saves yet?

Thanks,

Chris
  3. Nexo995 Win User

xbox app wont connect to xbox please help!

Hi thank you for the suggestions! I diddent know how to uninstall the xbox app so i installed the (beta) xbox app and no connection! Im not really sure if its my internet, Xbox or desktop but ill try your suggestions thank you so much!
  4. Yousufk Win User

Cannot download Xbox Game Pass for PC games that require Administrator Approval

There's no way to place it on my desktop as it is a windows store app and those have to be launched from the start menu, and either way, I don't believe this would have helped as the xbox app just directs games to be installed through the microsoft store.
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

Messaging on the Xbox app for Windows 10

I'm having the same issue across many Windows 10 devices. Although clearing the App Data works for a few hours, as soon as I receive another message the problem comes back. This is happening on my Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and phone. I have also tried fresh
    installs on my phone and desktop of the OS and still the issue persists. Not only that but it's also happening in the Beta Xbox apps too.
  6. Skeeter Quill Win User

Can not access Messages on Windows 10 App since most recent Dash update.

I'm having the same issue across many Windows 10 devices. Although clearing the App Data works for a few hours, as soon as I receive another message the problem comes back. This is happening on my Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and phone. I have also tried fresh
    installs on my phone and desktop of the OS and still the issue persists. Not only that but it's also happening in the Beta Xbox apps too.
Thema:

1. Stuck Installing The Xbox Desktop App - Similar Threads - Stuck Installing Desktop

2. Xbox Installer Stuck On 'Making things awesome'

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Installer Stuck On 'Making things awesome': I'm on Windows 10 version 2004. The loading bar doesn't move at all, please help b2bc645b-b0bc-4bbf-8498-fea0fd548b88
  3. RDR2 SPECIAL EDITION CONTENT STUCK IN READY TO INSTALL

in XBoX Games and Apps
    RDR2 SPECIAL EDITION CONTENT STUCK IN READY TO INSTALL: I tried to reinstall Rdr2 but this time I noticed that special content switches back from installing to ready to install. I have read that others have this issue too but I have tried all the...
  4. Xbox Beta Installer Stuck at "Making Things Awesome"

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta Installer Stuck at "Making Things Awesome": I am unable to download the Xbox Beta Installer. The loading bar will not move at all. I have tried re-downloading it at least 5 times and I have left it on all day with no change. Please Help!...
  5. I'm trying to install games from Xbox Game Pass Beta on PC but everything is stuck at "Queued"

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to install games from Xbox Game Pass Beta on PC but everything is stuck at "Queued": Tried to install Wasteland 3 and Tell Me Why yesterday and today and both times, after I click the Install button, it flicks to Preparing briefly and then goes to Queued but nothing more happens....
  6. Fs2020 stuck on install 0% with please wait “adobo-aircraft b787-10-0.1.35 FSU’s package”

in XBoX on Windows
    Fs2020 stuck on install 0% with please wait “adobo-aircraft b787-10-0.1.35 FSU’s package”: Fs2020 stuck on install 0% with please wait “adobo-aircraft b787-10-0.1.35 FSU’s package” 941a0d55-5fb5-4f50-bec3-c6ad28839aae
  7. Can't install Microsoft Flight Simulator. the progress bar is stuck on 0% while trying to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Microsoft Flight Simulator. the progress bar is stuck on 0% while trying to...: Can't install the game, I've been trying to install it for 3 days now without success. I've tried everything! from reformatting my entire system twice to deleting the packages file and...
  8. Minecraft Installation stuck at 0%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Installation stuck at 0%: So, I've been trying to install minecraft again after some time not having played it and it wont let me. I've done all the trouble shooting I could. I've hard reset, I've updated my console, I've...
  9. Game Install Stuck

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Install Stuck: Trying to Install The Outer Worlds on PC. I have XBOX Game Pass for PC. The game is stuck and nothing seems to work to get it finish installing. In the XBOX app, it shows that it is in Queue with...
  10. Game Pass PC - Trying to install game but gets stuck

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass PC - Trying to install game but gets stuck: Hey Everyone! Im trying to install Blair Witch via Game Pass on the Xbox PC Beta App. It starts to install fine but then it gets to 190mb downloaded and then the speed drops to 0 and stops...