Stuck on 1% updating step 1 of 3

Discus and support Stuck on 1% updating step 1 of 3 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i just got my new series x and connected everything. Powered it up and selected region and country. It said it needed an update as per brand new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ericbermudez1, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Stuck on 1% updating step 1 of 3

So i just got my new series x and connected everything. Powered it up and selected region and country. It said it needed an update as per brand new item, so i started updating. 6 hours later and its still on 1% on step 1 of 3. I tried restarting router and xbox and nothing. Why won't it update? Mind you its a 1.2gig update but it doesn't take all that on my internet

:)

ericbermudez1, Nov 24, 2021
  2. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Stuck in the updating mode at 1% for 3hours. (step 1 of 3 downloading)

You might need to consider resetting your Xbox.

Take a look at these steps here -

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  3. RynoCCM Win User

May 2019 update stuck on verifying step at 1%

Thanks for replies all. Ive tried restarting console. Also tried the soft reset by holding the eject and pair buttons. Still no luck.

I don’t have a Windows computer so can’t try the offline update method. I think my next option is factory reset as has been suggested.

My question on that- I use an external HDD to save games on. Will I be able to restore those or do I lose everything?
  4. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

httt://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Click this link and they can help you
  5. Andre' Arnett-Braun Win User

Hello, RynoCCM!

I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with updating your console.

What troubleshooting have you done exactly? What constitutes as "everything" but a factory reset? Can you provide any more information?
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Ryno,

Before doing the factory reset, just disconnect the external HD. This will keep the games on there. Also if you choose reset and keep my games and apps. this will leave the games on your console also.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Stuck on 1% updating step 1 of 3

1. Stuck on 1% updating step 1 of 3 - Similar Threads - Stuck updating step

2. Gaming Services and Forza Horizon 5 stuck in Pending Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services and Forza Horizon 5 stuck in Pending Update: I've tried every solution I could find. Forza Horizon 5 is stuck as "queued 47%" after repairing and reseting the app. When I open the Microsoft Store, it shows "Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition"...
  3. Update error alpha skip xs stuck end update loop

in XboX Insiders
    Update error alpha skip xs stuck end update loop: Latest alpha skip ahead update stuck at 83 loop Xbox xs work around submitted by /u/Rhedderic [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox One S stuck in update loop no matter what I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S stuck in update loop no matter what I do: Hello, recently my Xbox One S became incredibly slow all of a sudden (in the dashboard and games), then it randomly turned on when it was off and the light flashed and when I checked on it I was...
  5. Xbox One S console update stuck at (Step 3 of 3: Applying) (66%)/ 86%

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S console update stuck at (Step 3 of 3: Applying) (66%)/ 86%: Its been stuck like this for nearly 24 hours and still no progress and ive done a hard restart and I turned it off abd unplugged it for a couple of hours and it keeps on getting stuck at 66%/86%....
  6. Xbox One S stuck in Step 3 of applying of update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S stuck in Step 3 of applying of update.: My console has been stuck at 93% complete on the latest update for at least the last hour, maybe longer. Is there a fix to this, or is my console done? d40d35b6-d82d-4b30-8e96-f5f67093ffc5
  7. Update loop, stuck on step 3, starts at 3%, goes to 15%, shuts down, will not update

in XboX Insiders
    Update loop, stuck on step 3, starts at 3%, goes to 15%, shuts down, will not update: [IMG] submitted by /u/allahuadmiralackbar [link] [comments]
  8. Stuck in the updating mode at 1% for 3hours. (step 1 of 3 downloading)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck in the updating mode at 1% for 3hours. (step 1 of 3 downloading): My original Xbox one has not been played in months. There is always a issue when I try to play. This time I turn it on and the screen stays green forever. I've held all 3 buttons down and waited...
  9. May 2019 update stuck on verifying step at 1%

in XBoX on Consoles
    May 2019 update stuck on verifying step at 1%: I can download the update. When it starts to verify, it gets to 1% and just sits there. Have tried everything but a factory reset. Is anyone else having this issue?...
  10. My xbox one (first vesion) its stuck in the 3th step (Applying update)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one (first vesion) its stuck in the 3th step (Applying update): I only ask this for the reason, my the screen says not to turn off or disconnect my xbox and the update is stuck, I'm scared because I do not know what to do, would it be right to disconnect it?...