Stupid Microsoft DRM, cannot play any game...

Discus and support Stupid Microsoft DRM, cannot play any game... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Things were working just fine until I had to swap out my tablets SSD, now every game I play gives me the warning "Error: To use this app, you need to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JBHebbel, Jan 25, 2015.

1. JBHebbel
    JBHebbel Guest

Things were working just fine until I had to swap out my tablets SSD, now every game I play gives me the warning "Error: To use this app, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it.". Well I only have 1 Microsoft/Xbox account
    and its the one that I'm always signed in with... The game still works fine on my desktop, but all the Xbox DRM games I used to play on my tablet are now worthless.

:)

JBHebbel, Jan 25, 2015
  2. teljess
    teljess Guest
    Xbox One Price and Release Date

what is the differance between what microsoft is doing with drm and what steam/origin are doing?.you cannot sell steam/origin games and you have no physical media so i am curious as to why some people are up in arms ?

teljess, Jan 25, 2015
  3. Sony misrepesented used game policy

Any publisher stupid enough to use DRM on the P$4 will have one of the least bough games on the PS network

Peter van Rijswijk, Jan 25, 2015
  4. momtils
    momtils Guest

I did an windows update and had the same problem, It said to uninstall and reinstall but I can not reinstall because it says I already have it after I uninstalled it. What a hassle!

momtils, May 13, 2015
  5. momtils Win User

I did an windows update and had the same problem, It said to uninstall and reinstall but I can not reinstall because it says I already have it after I uninstalled it. What a hassle!
  6. Peter van Rijswijk Win User

Sony misrepesented used game policy

Any publisher stupid enough to use DRM on the P$4 will have one of the least bough games on the PS network
  7. WildChameleon Win User

Who has XboxOne on pre-order ?

It's not that easy with Sony as regards DRM, they not commenting because they still working on what they can do regards it. If Microsoft force it then of course Sony will have to follow suit to compete with them for publishers and games etc. No one wants
    to reveal their hand regards DRM. DRM is a console killer and Sony know that but they have joked about it recently so they not taking no where as serious as Microsoft are. Sony own a lot of developers too so it's not a big deal for them as they are the producers.
    It be stupid for Sony to imply DRM could it would effect their sales of said games. They going to resist it but the more Microsoft talk DRM the more Microsoft are trying to control the gaming industry.
  8. S73v3 N H4wk1n9 Win User

Why is anyone buying this thing?

You simply do not know why the drm is in place on microsofts console the way it is now.

It is because they wanted the consumer to not have to change discs, so they put thier DRM system in to make sure publishers know the system on microsofts console cannot be explioted.

There is no publisher push or desire for more profits in the context you are putting forward. Ps4 will have a ausidence and will be profitable to put any games on no new DRM required. pubs are okay with the game in the tray DRM. look at COD, profit profit
    profit. no need for new DRM. The big names will launch games on as many platforms as they like. The DRM this gen is deemed fit next gen

Its like when we had Carts back in the 90s, just because we are entering a new gen does not mean DRM has to change. this is a microsoft feature on xbox1 that is causing this. its poorly thought out.

Let me put this simple this is mircrosoft putting this new DRM on thier console. their is no publisher push for this, this is microsoft saying "hey no more disc in the tray guys" this is the restirctions it comes with.
  9. Major Wreckus Win User

Vote: DRM vs. NO DRM

I vote to stop these stupid posts about issues that are dead....those are DRM (no DRM won, hooray, life goes on) and the inclusion of Kinect 2 in the box (its in there, live it with). Lets talk more about our experiences playing the games including tips
    & tricks.
Thema:

1. Stupid Microsoft DRM, cannot play any game... - Similar Threads - Stupid Microsoft DRM

2. Enforcement is stupid

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enforcement is stupid: Why do we get com banned for saying t..a..r..d" makes no sense and so do the bans that we get for it i would still be talking to my friends if i didnt get a com banned like i did the last 2 times...
  3. xbox game bar stupid problem please help

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game bar stupid problem please help: everytime i plug my controller in my party audio doesnt work. cant speak cant hear, this sucks. submitted by /u/banadurp_sambarcatch [link] [comments]
  4. XBOX GAME PASS BEING RIDICULOUSLY STUPID

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME PASS BEING RIDICULOUSLY STUPID: how do i change the email that the xbox game pass for iphone is using if i put the wrong email in at first I inadvertently put the wrong email in at first, but now need to use another email to...
  5. Why are there STUPID numbers on my gamer tag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are there STUPID numbers on my gamer tag?: Ive had the same name for years and I went to change it now there are RIDICULOUS numbers on my name. I can OBVIOUSLY TELL that they know its ridiculous and use this as a way to make people pay...
  6. Voice communication ban are stupid !!

in XboX Insiders
    Voice communication ban are stupid !!: People need to realize that the world is full of hatred and they need to grow up and realize that so they don't so offended if you cuss at them because the voice communication ban for xbox is so...
  7. Banned for stupid ****

in XBoX on Consoles
    Banned for stupid ****: I got banned all I said was it aint even matter **** and then he said how do you like me now and he was cussing me out in party and he aint banned and i got banned its dumb how yalls system work...
  8. My friends were being stupid I need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friends were being stupid I need help: So my friends decided to go on my account and my other friends account [mod removed] And they put Racial comments that were very profound and then they continued to report my account and his and I...
  9. stupid xbox live and microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    stupid xbox live and microsoft: im not happy with xbox live or microsoft any longer....after being banned from communications for a second time..all because ppl are a bunch of american p u s s i es..you can give the **** over...
  10. me being stupid & microsoft accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    me being stupid & microsoft accounts.: I`m having a lot of trouble getting my xbox 360 account to work on my xbox one, I had someone set up my account on the xbox 360 and they somehow thought it would be funny to put @regularmail.com...