Subscription charged to the wrong card this month

Discus and support Subscription charged to the wrong card this month in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried contacting support about this but I was getting some unfixable error messages that I won't get into. This month, my Xbox Live subscription... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tootsie4445, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Tootsie4445
    Tootsie4445 Guest

I tried contacting support about this but I was getting some unfixable error messages that I won't get into.

This month, my Xbox Live subscription charged to the wrong card on my account. I have it set up to charge to card A, but it charged to card B for some reason. I was wondering if anyone would know why, and how to prevent this from happening next month.

:)

Tootsie4445, Nov 8, 2019
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi Tootsie4445

Please make sure your payment options are up to date. Especially the details on your card(expiry date). I had an issue once where I could not purchase games and couldn't understand what was going on. I then found out my card expired and I never updated the
    expiry date of the new card.

So it might be that it could not use one payment method and reverted to the backup?
  3. Tootsie4445 Win User

Brad,

My card that I wanted to be used was already set up to be the one that's charged for Xbox Live and it was working fine for a few months already. It's only this one month that it was charged on the other card for whatever reason. Also it isn't showing up
    on my billing history, although it showed up on my bank statement.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Tootsie,

Thanks for coming to the forums. When a subscription is activated, it is tied to the card that was used. In order to change this, one would need to log on the account and change the payment instrument manually. Can look at how to

manage payment instruments online
    for assistance.

Change an Xbox Live payment option online

It's easy to change your payment option. Here's how:

1. In a browser, go to
      My Account
    2. If needed, sign in to the Microsoft account you want to change.
    3. Select Services & subscriptions.
    4. In the Xbox Live section, under Paid with, select
      Change how you pay.
    5. On the “Change how you pay for these subscriptions" page, select the payment option to be changed from the dropdown list.

Note To add a new payment option, select Add a new way to pay, select
      Next, and then follow the steps to set up your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account as a new payment option.
    6. Once you've selected the option to be changed, select Next, and then follow the instructions to change your payment option.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. iareBRENDEN Win User

If Card B is your back up payment it may not have been able to charge card A so it charged Card B
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Tootsie4445,

Thank you for replying back. As stated by XBF Brad A, One option you have to ensure that it doesn't charge card B next month would be to
    go through your account and billing settings through the website to make sure that card A is in fact associated with the subscription. You may also want to remove card B entirely from the account if that option is available to you.

If you still want to make sure that your subscription is only associated with card A you can try to
    Contact Xbox Support
    by following the link and setting up a callback. They will also be able to ensure that card A is the only card acssociated with the subscription and can even remove card B from the account if you should want them to.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
Thema:

1. Subscription charged to the wrong card this month - Similar Threads - Subscription charged wrong

2. My Invalid Charging of a Cancelled Subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    My Invalid Charging of a Cancelled Subscription: Hey. On 14.9 I purchased a one-month subscription to Xbox game pass ultimate for 1,00€. According to my knowledge, I cancelled this subscription before the date I would be charged full price for...
  3. cancelled subscription still charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    cancelled subscription still charging: i turned off recurring billing for game pass and gold on my xbox, but when checking my bank account transaction history i saw that i was billed regardless. i checked my order history on the...
  4. Microsoft charged me for subscription and I can't remove my card

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft charged me for subscription and I can't remove my card: Hello, I have a problem with Xbox Game Pass, today it charged me for 87zł but on my bill history it said that the payment couldn't go through and my account is suspended. I can't cancel this now....
  5. turning off auto Subscription charge

in XBoX Accessibility
    turning off auto Subscription charge: Now i like online but i don't wanna have to be charged every so days for it is there a way to remove this? dc8c9557-ce3d-4402-9620-e1321df4da34
  6. I need cancel my subscription and return my money in my account bank charge me twice 35 dollar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need cancel my subscription and return my money in my account bank charge me twice 35 dollar: I need cansel my c card info and my mony back you charge becose bank charge me 35 doller twise so please return my mony ea121786-c5c0-48f1-b9bc-d824968913f1
  7. would like to cancel my subscription with immediate effect .please do not charge anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    would like to cancel my subscription with immediate effect .please do not charge anymore.: I would like to cancel my subscription with immediate effect .please do not charge anymore. c4c09f3a-0e85-4d80-8ae1-1ba7b4c451cb
  8. [[SOLVED]] Charging me 1 month of gold ,2 months into my 3 month subscription, why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    [[SOLVED]] Charging me 1 month of gold ,2 months into my 3 month subscription, why?: I have had my Xbox from December 23 2018 and on that day i redeemed a 3 month Xbox live gold subscription and today 2 months in to it i get a message from Xbox live saying my they have had to...
  9. Charged for subscription but no service?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charged for subscription but no service?: I got charged today for both mine and my husband's xbox live subscriptions bit trying to log into a game tonight we both are getting a request to buy a subscription. It's been hours since we were...
  10. Charged backed Xbox game pass, then refunded it through subscriptions in my Microsoft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charged backed Xbox game pass, then refunded it through subscriptions in my Microsoft...: So as I said in the tittle, I charged back an Xbox game pass subscription through paypal, and then I went through my microsoft account and refunded the game pass as well, and I was wondering if i...