Subscription charged to the wrong card this month

Discus and support Subscription charged to the wrong card this month in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried contacting support about this but I was getting some unfixable error messages that I won't get into. This month, my Xbox Live subscription... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tootsie4445, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Tootsie4445
    Tootsie4445 Guest

I tried contacting support about this but I was getting some unfixable error messages that I won't get into.

This month, my Xbox Live subscription charged to the wrong card on my account. I have it set up to charge to card A, but it charged to card B for some reason. I was wondering if anyone would know why, and how to prevent this from happening next month.

:)

Tootsie4445, Nov 8, 2019
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi Tootsie4445

Please make sure your payment options are up to date. Especially the details on your card(expiry date). I had an issue once where I could not purchase games and couldn't understand what was going on. I then found out my card expired and I never updated the
    expiry date of the new card.

So it might be that it could not use one payment method and reverted to the backup?
  3. Tootsie4445 Win User

Brad,

My card that I wanted to be used was already set up to be the one that's charged for Xbox Live and it was working fine for a few months already. It's only this one month that it was charged on the other card for whatever reason. Also it isn't showing up
    on my billing history, although it showed up on my bank statement.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Tootsie,

Thanks for coming to the forums. When a subscription is activated, it is tied to the card that was used. In order to change this, one would need to log on the account and change the payment instrument manually. Can look at how to

manage payment instruments online
    for assistance.

Change an Xbox Live payment option online

It's easy to change your payment option. Here's how:

1. In a browser, go to
      My Account
    2. If needed, sign in to the Microsoft account you want to change.
    3. Select Services & subscriptions.
    4. In the Xbox Live section, under Paid with, select
      Change how you pay.
    5. On the “Change how you pay for these subscriptions" page, select the payment option to be changed from the dropdown list.

Note To add a new payment option, select Add a new way to pay, select
      Next, and then follow the steps to set up your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account as a new payment option.
    6. Once you've selected the option to be changed, select Next, and then follow the instructions to change your payment option.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. iareBRENDEN Win User

If Card B is your back up payment it may not have been able to charge card A so it charged Card B
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Tootsie4445,

Thank you for replying back. As stated by XBF Brad A, One option you have to ensure that it doesn't charge card B next month would be to
    go through your account and billing settings through the website to make sure that card A is in fact associated with the subscription. You may also want to remove card B entirely from the account if that option is available to you.

If you still want to make sure that your subscription is only associated with card A you can try to
    Contact Xbox Support
    by following the link and setting up a callback. They will also be able to ensure that card A is the only card acssociated with the subscription and can even remove card B from the account if you should want them to.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
Thema:

1. Subscription charged to the wrong card this month - Similar Threads - Subscription charged wrong

2. Xbox Ultimate subscription wrongly charged

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Ultimate subscription wrongly charged: My account has been wrongly charged twice now for Xbox ultimate subscription though I do not have any subscription for Xbox ultimate whatsoever. At this moment, I have checked all my xbox...
  3. How do I talk to a real person about being charged for a canceled subscription. Called and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I talk to a real person about being charged for a canceled subscription. Called and...: Charged 3 times for subscription i canceled. 3 times 528a6711-3ec8-438c-a3a7-326060af4a4d
  4. I got charged for gamepass ultimate even though i cancelled the subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got charged for gamepass ultimate even though i cancelled the subscription: So a couple months ago i cancelled my subscription to gamepass and it worked well, I couldn't play the games I got off of gamepass because i didnt have gamepass. Now I just figured out that i was...
  5. Charged for subscription I don’t want

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Charged for subscription I don’t want: Hi, Yesterday I was charged £19.99 for Ea access, this is something I havent subscribed to since last October. Ea Acess is not showing up under subscriptions on my microsoft account so I cant...
  6. What to do subscription charge deducted but Norton not installed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What to do subscription charge deducted but Norton not installed?: If you are not using Norton Antivirus and still charged for the subscription plan then, in that case, you can simply sign in your Norton account and can download and install Norton antivirus from...
  7. Cancel subscription and still being charged?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cancel subscription and still being charged?: Ive continously canceled my xbox live membership yet still been charged.. when i look on your website it tells me i need to renew these subscription.. why am i still being charged..? i want my...
  8. Challenging XBox Gold subscription charge

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Challenging XBox Gold subscription charge: Hey everyone, my son inadvertently paid for a $59.99 Xbox Live Gold subscription when we are already paying for this service $9.99/month. Furthermore, we cannot see where the charge is listed on...
  9. Charged for xbox game pass subscription despite never signing up or even a trial

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charged for xbox game pass subscription despite never signing up or even a trial: I had an xboxlive account that I closed months ago because frankly I don't play much anymore and haven't even turned on my xbox in months. I never used Gamepass and out of the blue today I was...
  10. Xbox Live Gold subscription charge question

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold subscription charge question: I can see a £17.99 Xbox Live Gold subscription charge as a bank debit card payment but can't see this subscription anywhere in my account services and subscriptions, and I've checked back to 2013....