Subtitles setting is no longer preserved (always defaults to off)

Discus and support Subtitles setting is no longer preserved (always defaults to off) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I watch Netflix with subtitles enabled, and recently, the app has started requiring that I turn them on everytime I start or resume playback. This... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by opqdan, Nov 15, 2014.

1. opqdan
    opqdan Guest

I watch Netflix with subtitles enabled, and recently, the app has started requiring that I turn them on everytime I start or resume playback.

This seems to have been a result of an attempt to fix the opposite issue people were having (subtitles always on).

Really, I would expect the app to use the Xbox One's global Closes Captioning settings for this setting if possible, but at the very least it should remember that I had turned them on if I switch apps and come back.

:)

opqdan, Nov 15, 2014
  2. The few things I find could be better...

^I hate how the subtitles are always off by default, which is fine, but I am pretty sure I set it to have subtitles always on with some dashboard setting. It's annoying because I always have to restart the first mission of almost every game because my dashboard
    setting never overrides the game's subtitle settings.

AlmasRetroChild, Nov 15, 2014
  3. Skunkslayer
    Skunkslayer Guest
    How do I turn off subtitles so they stay OFF!?!?

I think the subtitles should be off by default. Its annoying having to turn them off every time I start netflix.

Skunkslayer, Nov 15, 2014
  4. AlmasRetroChild Win User

The few things I find could be better...

^I hate how the subtitles are always off by default, which is fine, but I am pretty sure I set it to have subtitles always on with some dashboard setting. It's annoying because I always have to restart the first mission of almost every game because my dashboard
    setting never overrides the game's subtitle settings.
  5. Martin LO Win User

Final Fantasy Lightning Return default Japanese on Xbox One X?

Completely correct. The same game, same setting (I never need to touch the game setting, and all Xbox have the same language setting), but default shows Chinese text and subtitles on Xbox 360, but default shows Japanese text and subtitles on Xbox One X.
  6. Skunkslayer Win User

How do I turn off subtitles so they stay OFF!?!?

I think the subtitles should be off by default. Its annoying having to turn them off every time I start netflix.
  7. Adrenaline123 Win User

Xbox One Shutdown Also Powers Down TV & Receiver

You can always rest the settings back to factory default. Im pretty sure the system isnt set up to do it by default. That or turn off all of the power and kinectsettings associated with it.
  8. Defy Lightning Win User

Subs

I like having subtitles whenever possible. FFXIII-2 had subtitles from the start where FFXIII didn't and had to be placed manually. It would be nice to have default subtitles for a new game.
Thema:

1. Subtitles setting is no longer preserved (always defaults to off) - Similar Threads - Subtitles setting longer

2. Streaming videos with subtitles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming videos with subtitles: Hey everyone, I have a show on my PC and I want to stream it with Hebrew subtitles. I have no idea where to get subs and how to stream it both of it to the xbox....
  3. Microsoft Store - game specifications etc. Subtitles, voice-overs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store - game specifications etc. Subtitles, voice-overs: Hi, I would like to ask where can I found game specifications as subtitles or voice-overs for the game? Thanks f313de8b-4941-4498-a2d7-a8af8f9346a2
  4. LEGENDAS PT BR XBOX ONE E 360 [Mod Translation - SUBTITLES IN BR XBOX ONE E 360]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    LEGENDAS PT BR XBOX ONE E 360 [Mod Translation - SUBTITLES IN BR XBOX ONE E 360]: Bom dia, gostaria de pedir encarecidamente que adicionem a legenda oficial disponibilizada pela própria cd Project red, do game The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings, este jogo esta traduzido em PT BR,...
  5. Subtitles too bright while playing HDR Blu-Ray disks with XBOX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subtitles too bright while playing HDR Blu-Ray disks with XBOX: Hello, I'm using my XBOX One X as a blu-ray player too and I just bought a couple of movies, 4K HDR edition. Since the movies language is English and English is not my native language, I rely on...
  6. Субтитры Sea of Thieves [Translation - Subtitles Sea of Thieves]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Субтитры Sea of Thieves [Translation - Subtitles Sea of Thieves]: Добрый день. Знаю что игра не поддерживает русскую озвучку, но я знаю что есть русские субтитры, как их включить ? ______ [Translation - Good afternoon. I know that the game does not support...
  7. Russian subtitles Alan Wake

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Russian subtitles Alan Wake: Hello, epic Games handed out a free copy of the game Alan Wake, but unfortunately there is no Russian language, although the system requirements it is specified. I wrote in support of Epic Games...
  8. Settings for bluray subtitles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Settings for bluray subtitles: Could someone please tell me how to adjust the Blu-ray subtitles? I get huge subtitles, and even if I have a big fat black border below the video the subtitles still display on top of the video!...
  9. Assassin's Creed: unity, can set the Chinese subtitles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's Creed: unity, can set the Chinese subtitles: English is not good, please forgive me. U.S version of Assassin's Creed: United (Limited Edition) disc on the one Xbox can set the Chinese subtitles? 725b40f0-351f-40b7-9467-8d5f1f0845cd
  10. Netflix subtitles always on despite XB1 cc settings on off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix subtitles always on despite XB1 cc settings on off: Everytime I go into Netflix I have to manually turn off CC. c5c29820-dead-4757-b363-73b562df0bcd