Suggestion: Create another support group to stop fraudulent accounts

Discus and support Suggestion: Create another support group to stop fraudulent accounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to bring this up. A friend has no Xbox nor an MS account but his credit card was used on an account... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JJJBBB_099, Aug 9, 2019.

1. JJJBBB_099
    JJJBBB_099 Guest

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to bring this up. A friend has no Xbox nor an MS account but his credit card was used on an account that was not his. His bank was able to trace the email address used, and it
    is linked to an Xbox/MS account that he can't verify because it is not his. Needless to say, the bank had blocked MS transactions after. But the perpetrator was able strike back and used his new card. He contacted Xbox Support, but
    their assistance is limited since he cannot verify the account--- meaning to say they can't remove his card from this fraudulent account. Meaning to say, this evil person can continue using his card on the evil person's
    legitimate MS account.

My suggestion is, if Xbox Support have limited access to these accounts, why not create another support group that can do this so these people will be stopped. MS the whole ecosystem has an obligation to stop these evil people from victimizing innocent consumers.

Where do I ask Satya Nadella to create this type of support group so non-MS users can report fraudulent accounts?

:)

JJJBBB_099, Aug 9, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi
    JJJBBB_099

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

Here are some helpful tips for getting started:

1. Visit an Idea Drive post that you’re interested in on the Xbox Idea Hub.
    2. If you have an idea related to that Idea Drive, share it by posting a comment. Don’t forget to comment on other posts to help build on community-driven ideas.
    3. Once you’ve posted an idea (or even if you didn’t!), upvote any comments that you really agree with – this will allow us a better view of the top ideas in an Idea Drive at that time.
    4. Check back often while the Idea Drive is open to continue upvoting new ideas and to see what other Idea Drives will be offered in this new space.

In regard to the unauthorized use of your friend's card on a Microsoft account that is not his own, it would be best that he reach out to his financial institution to have them stop payment from his account if Xbox Support has not been
    able to locate and remove the card themselves. Sadly, we here on the forums lack the necessary tools to directly assist with billing & account issues as such.

Since there is no further resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forum (Do not repost the same question or
    thread as that would violate the Xbox Forum Guidelines).

I hope that this information helps out and thanks for coming to the forums.
  3. Darth1337 Win User

Accout Lock/Risk Block

I suggest making a new thread, but a Risk Block is a security precaution that Microsoft would place on an account to stop fraudulent charges from being made. This has nothing to do with your credit.
  4. Costa-1 Win User

Can't play games? Suspect your gaming Digital Rights (DRM) were blown away by 1811 update. How about you?

Thanks Brad:

1. How do I move this to that forum?
    2. Do I have to yet again create an account on another service?
    3. Will the contributors actually read the post (like you did, thanks!) before generic suggestions
    4. Are the normal outsources Tier 1 support teams in that group or will I get folks who actually understand the overall architecture, since it's a Beta program? (didn't know I was in that group)
    Thanks for the redirect.

Thanks,

Costa
  5. Major Kilowatt Win User

New MW3 Map Pack for Elite Only or are Members in Family Pack Included?

@cdt314

According to support, only you should have acess to your own account, and an account cannot be created for a group of people or a family. That is why the Family pack was created.
  6. VernierSlake Win User

Hoping for any help from any ambassador or rep who can make my suspension due to me being hacked quicker!!

The suspension is there to stop people from making more fraudulent purchases on your account leaving you even further out of pocket.
Thema:

1. Suggestion: Create another support group to stop fraudulent accounts - Similar Threads - Suggestion Create another

2. Suggestion- the elder scrolls skyrim

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion- the elder scrolls skyrim: You should add Skyrim or fallout 4 to streaming Because it they would be great games on the go submitted by /u/CalebIsBroken [link] [comments]
  3. A Suggestion to Xbox Game-Pass, an Online Co-op Game.

in XboX Insiders
    A Suggestion to Xbox Game-Pass, an Online Co-op Game.: A Way out is a game where 2 Friends try to escape a Prision, using tools, lying to cops or maybe using theor own hands. The Game is played Online, but in half screen, so each player can see what...
  4. A Suggestion: To add a setting that lets you choose to require a bluetooth controller.

in XboX Insiders
    A Suggestion: To add a setting that lets you choose to require a bluetooth controller.: Make it to where you can stream without a blue tooth controller because it's tedious when it won't sync with your phone and if its possible to play with a controller that's connected to the xbox...
  5. Is there a good place to submit minor suggestions (not actual bugs/problems)?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a good place to submit minor suggestions (not actual bugs/problems)?: I'm only wondering because one thing I noticed when I got this update is that all the tiles in sections reverted to medium. Just think it'd be REALLY nice if they have to change things again if...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 Setting suggestions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Setting suggestions: Where should Forza Horizon 5 take place? Leave suggestions for where it should be. I feel like it should take place in New England (Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island...
  7. [Suggestion] - touch controls for Xbox game streaming

in XboX Insiders
    [Suggestion] - touch controls for Xbox game streaming: To be honest we should have touch controls for the people who doesn't have Bluetooth controllers including me submitted by /u/IvoOFC [link] [comments]
  8. Microsoft family requests/ suggestions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft family requests/ suggestions: Can we add the ability to do bandwidth management tor metered internet connections? maybe a daily , monthly or weekly limit? restrict updates to have parental permission. Ability to block...
  9. Enforcement Team Suggestion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Enforcement Team Suggestion: I suggest there should be a enforcement team forum of sorts, or a way to be able to send multiple messages to a support enforcement member. I was banned and submitted a case review not to long...
  10. Stream from Xbox one to Xbox 360 suggestion

in XboX Insiders
    Stream from Xbox one to Xbox 360 suggestion: I know the 360 isn't really supported anymore, but I think it would make an excellent target to be able to stream gaming to. Streaming to a phone or tablet is fine while on the go, but if you are...