Suggestion For New Gamertag 12 Character Limit

Discus and support Suggestion For New Gamertag 12 Character Limit in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright, it makes complete sense why they had to reduce the character limit to 12 for non-unique gamertags to fit the suffix, but I feel as though if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by M0nSt3rxAs5au1t, May 29, 2020.

1. Suggestion For New Gamertag 12 Character Limit

Alright, it makes complete sense why they had to reduce the character limit to 12 for non-unique gamertags to fit the suffix, but I feel as though if you can still create a unique gamertag with 13, 14, or 15 characters you should be allowed to do so.

It doesn't seem like something that would be that hard to explain, and I don't see the sense in removing the ability if the standard allotment is 15 characters anyway. I mean, forcing users to get out their 360's just to make a 15 character limit username
    is beyond backwards.

How difficult would it be:

Non-Unique Gamertags up to 12 characters

Unique Gamertags up to 15 characters

:)

M0nSt3rxAs5au1t, May 29, 2020
  2. Maverickh231 - Pedro Win User

3. SergeantGeorge9 Win User

Unfortunately that still goes on. I hope you find a unique gamertag✌��
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else

The limit with the new system is 12 characters so if the gamertag you are trying to add to the new account is above that may be the reason you are getting this message.

Unfortunately if this is the case there is no one that can get you the gamertag above 12 characters.
  5. MsAshh Win User

Gamertag change - wording misleading - " will be available to others"

I would like to add that if your previous gamertag is longer than 12 characters, it will not be able to be claimed by anyone; including yourself. The character limit used to be 15, but it was recently changed to 12 for the new gamertag system.
  6. Alexithy Win User

xbox gamertag charater limit

Hello!

The new system of Xbox Gamertags have a limit of 12 characters (including spaces).

Cheers!
Thema:

1. Suggestion For New Gamertag 12 Character Limit - Similar Threads - Suggestion Gamertag Character

2. My Home Xbox Suggestion/idea for future console update

in XboX Insiders
    My Home Xbox Suggestion/idea for future console update: I made a suggestion to make the wait time for "make my home xbox" switch more available for example. Instead of 1 year how about 3 months because if people waste all their 5 switches they don't...
  3. Suggestion to Clean Inactive Gamertags

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suggestion to Clean Inactive Gamertags: Hey all, I usually go by Piptendo, but as you can see, I'm stuck with a nasty "x" in front of my name because a user has created an account named "PipTenDo" with no observable activity...
  4. Gamertag suggestion for friend

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag suggestion for friend: What Gamertag looks more appealing. xl Kaneki or Il Kaneki II? The names are already taken by us so I’m not worried by anyone taking them. e94caad1-041c-41bd-940c-75c7cfbb9a04
  5. Gamertag suggestion for my friend

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag suggestion for my friend: My friend wants to pick this name. But he doesn’t know what to pick. Just tell me in your opinion what looks better. xl Kaneki or Il Kaneki II f6673d4a-e079-418a-a145-dc5759df1943
  6. new gamertag suggestions??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    new gamertag suggestions??: hey i need a new gamertag suggestion i was going to change it like something like this v Sparkkyy or iDarkness but i am not sure if they are good or not? but can you guys and girls give me some...
  7. Trying to claim unused Gamertag but says taken. (Support suggested making thread)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to claim unused Gamertag but says taken. (Support suggested making thread): As the title states, I'm trying to get a tag that was released during the recycle but it still says taken. If you search for it, it says page not found or if searched from the friend page it says...
  8. Gamertags that are sexually suggestive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertags that are sexually suggestive: I just finished listening to over an hour's worth of frustrating employees from Microsoft. My 9 yr. old son was allowed to change his gamertag to a sexually suggestive one. A rude untrained...
  9. New GamerTags suggest?

in XBoX on Consoles
    New GamerTags suggest?: Hello Baby's, What cool gamertag, but no numbers in it because it make more even ugly. 7da9a4f1-3948-4cd2-8220-637c088c9681
  10. Looking fo GamerTag suggestions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking fo GamerTag suggestions: grettings, im currently thinking of changing my GT to something with 'strategist' in the name, however im having a mental blank and would like some suggestions. thank you for your time...