[suggestion] Let users set region and language completely independently from each other

Discus and support [suggestion] Let users set region and language completely independently from each other in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there! I know, this is already on xbox.uservoice.com and has more than 1800 votes already. So sorry for posting this here again, but for me it's a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by guilmant, Aug 24, 2014.

1. guilmant
    guilmant Guest

[suggestion] Let users set region and language completely independently from each other

Hi there!

I know, this is already on xbox.uservoice.com and has more than 1800 votes already. So sorry for posting this here again, but for me it's a very annoying issue, as is is for many others. I know of several members of the US armed forces stationed in Germany
    who have exactly the same problem like a lot of German citizens like myself.

The solution seems easy enough to implement, given that it works on Windows, Windows Phone and Xbox 360.

The setting in question is the language setting: As of now, on Xbox One the language choices are restricted to certain regions. So for example if you are in Germany like me and you want to use your Xbox One (Games, Kinect commands etc.) in English you cannot
    do so whilst the region is set to Germany. However, you can set the region to US which allows you to use English as the system language.

Now one might think all is fine. However, naturally the Xbox Store doesn't work properly then. That's not much of a problem if you have an US address and credit card, so no sweat there. BUT then a core function of Xbox One won't work anymore: OneGuide. You
    can't select German stations or schedules, obviously because the region is set to US.

So I feel it's not just a minor inconvenience, and the solution would be quite simple: let us choose the language entirely independently from the region setting.

Thanks!

:)

guilmant, Aug 24, 2014
  2. split screen players

They're completely separate and can level up independently from each other as well.

ChainSmokingBob, Aug 24, 2014
  3. xbox one language. english in austria/germany?

Sadly, there's no way to set the system language to English if you don't live in an English speaking country. I have the same problem, I absolutely hate the Brazilian Portuguese dubbed games and keep my settings as English/Canada (because Canada is more awesome, sorry US), but can't use credit card or Xbox Movies without resetting the system.
    For now, the best we can do is vote in one of the several Xbox Feedback demands to dissociate languages from region on Xbox or let you download games on a language different from the system language.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/25...tions/6028840-don-t-region-lock-the-languages
    http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/25...67-change-game-and-system-language-separately
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

SpikiestSpade, Aug 24, 2014
  4. [suggestion] Let users set region and language completely independently from each other

Hey there, Guilmant! What a terrific suggestion! I think it would be best up on our
    Feedback site. [suggestion] Let users set region and language completely independently from each other :D

Head on over there and see if it's already posted up. If it is, vote for it to move it up the Hot Ideas page. If you don't see it, please do post it up. Then get the votes to move it on up!

You can also peruse the site to see what we've marked as completed or in progress. This is all thanks to users like you!

We appreciate the feedback, and cannot wait to see it up on the site! [suggestion] Let users set region and language completely independently from each other :)

Misses Quinzel, Aug 25, 2014
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Guilmant! What a terrific suggestion! I think it would be best up on our
    Feedback site. :D

Head on over there and see if it's already posted up. If it is, vote for it to move it up the Hot Ideas page. If you don't see it, please do post it up. Then get the votes to move it on up!

You can also peruse the site to see what we've marked as completed or in progress. This is all thanks to users like you!

We appreciate the feedback, and cannot wait to see it up on the site! :)
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

E-Mail wrong language

Hello Falmark,

We understand that after completing a purchase for an item within the Microsoft store, the language in the email was in Dutch rather than Norwegian, so let's further investigate into this.

Our suggestion is to ensure that the region (if an Outlook email is in use), is set to the correct region as when it is accessed for the first time asks of any user to select the language and location. This can differ from the Microsoft account region.

Attempt to check out this Webpage as it should explain
    deeper about the region settings for the Outlook email.

Try this out and let us know if this changes the language.

Best wishes!
  7. FearedNightmare Win User

Living in Germany, but cannot use my mother tongue English as my console language without changing region as well.

Hello

This is currently an issue and there is no real thing you can about it, many gamers feel the same pain as you do not being able to use the English language on their console in a non native English speaking country.

There is however a thread on the Xbox Feedback website where you can vote to have your language and region being set independently from eachother so that in your case you can use the English language in the German region.

xbox.uservoice.com/.../6028840-don-t-region-lock-the-languages
  8. ChainSmokingBob Win User

split screen players

They're completely separate and can level up independently from each other as well.
  9. WPAK Win User

Why is it so hard to set language / country / regional settings?

Hi there,

you can set the region to Nederland, but you will need to select the language Nederlands (Dutch) in order to do so.

Please vote for the highly requestion option to select region and language without them being dependant on each other here:

xbox.uservoice.com/.../6028840-don-t-region-lock-the-languages

A workaround could be that if your account is set to the Dutch region, you can purchase things via xbox.com or smartglass (when it's not connected to the console) via the Dutch region and have the console set to a English region and English language, the
    purchases should download to the console after purchase.
Thema:

1. [suggestion] Let users set region and language completely independently from each other - Similar Threads - suggestion Let users

2. Diablo 4 Pre release expectation/suggestion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 4 Pre release expectation/suggestion: Hi there folks. The Diablo4 reveal at Blizzcon has garnered good attention from the fans. Now that we know its in development,what input would you like to give the dev team or in simple terms...
  3. Suggestions for Insider Program

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestions for Insider Program: Would be great if we could link our reddit accounts with our Insider accounts so we can still earn XP from posting suggestions and feedback, bugs etc. I've had to post this with the :-) flair...
  4. Sugerencia [Translate] Suggestion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sugerencia [Translate] Suggestion: Hola! Me da curiosidad saber el porque ya no se continúo con el juego de the warriors para Xbox one tal como en la xbox original, digo ese juego es muu bueno y de verdad me encantaria que...
  5. Suggestion for Hulu App and Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suggestion for Hulu App and Xbox: I recently gave up my TV provider and signed up through Hulu Plus/Live TV service. Really like the App but I'm bummed I lost the ability to tell Xbox what channel to go to by voice command. Its a...
  6. Suggestion of a game for game pass

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion of a game for game pass: I think that the game “FAR: lone sails” would be a good game pass game and I suggest that Xbox should put it there! It would be very awesome. Could you put it there please? submitted by...
  7. new backwards compatible games suggestions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    new backwards compatible games suggestions: That is a good list. There are a bunch of games on there that I would love to play again. I know a lot of companies are looking to see if there is enough interest in some games to remaster them. I...
  8. Game streaming suggestion

in XboX Insiders
    Game streaming suggestion: I have an idea. Perhaps with console streaming there can be a side by side thing, so it's just the same thing displayed on both the left and right side of a device, in order to allow for cardboard...
  9. Xbox membership/subscription suggestion

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox membership/subscription suggestion: To the Xbox stuff and fellow family gamers. I would like to propose a new type of xbox membership/subscription similar to the Xbox game pass ultimate. Currently when you purchase the xbox game...
  10. Can´t buy games, code 80167611, any suggest? I'm trying with CrC, but don't let make the pay.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can´t buy games, code 80167611, any suggest? I'm trying with CrC, but don't let make the pay.: Can´t buy games, code 80167611, any suggest? I'm trying with CrC, but don't let me make the pay. Please, help me ASAP. b21965be-3b2c-49b5-9347-1b0e9fb71e11