Suggestion to Engineers for Xbox One - Multi-tasking apps/Minimizing

Discus and support Suggestion to Engineers for Xbox One - Multi-tasking apps/Minimizing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Thanks for taking the time to read this whoever reads this. I have a simple request that I think is easily doable (in my mind) and would be greatly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xBUSTAx, Mar 26, 2014.

1. xBUSTAx
    xBUSTAx Guest

Thanks for taking the time to read this whoever reads this.

I have a simple request that I think is easily doable (in my mind) and would be greatly appreciated.

The Internet Explorer app, and possibly any existing/future app. Could we make it so that you are not closing/terminating the app when unsnapping so that the sidebar is minimized. Similar to how the Party chat app is used.

I assume if its possible on the Party app then it can be applied to any app and be readily available to be pulled up by snapping/unsnapping.

If you wish to stop the app you can say Xbox close internet explorer, Xbox close twitch. Which would terminate the app.

Also I understand that currently the Party chat app is its own program. Maybe possible to have multi-tasking more than one app. I understand this might be resource heavy but that's where the future is pointing.

This would make it possible to have Pandora music playing and not taking up screen space for game play.

Thanks for your time.

:)

xBUSTAx, Mar 26, 2014
  2. What made y'all pre-order the Day One?

Xbox Live, Kinect 2.0 and Multi-tasking features of Xbox One. Plus I have always enjoyed it more than my Playstation.

AdministratorX, Mar 26, 2014
  3. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest
    Your absolute favorite X1 feature....

Snap. I love multi tasking.

CAMARO Xlll, Mar 26, 2014
  4. Chris Gelon
    Chris Gelon Guest

Chris Gelon, Mar 27, 2014
  5. Chris Gelon Win User

6. BarbarossaBlade Win User

Failure to launch

Is the game fully closed, or just minimized? If you open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), does it show up under the list of running Apps?
  7. AdministratorX Win User

What made y'all pre-order the Day One?

Xbox Live, Kinect 2.0 and Multi-tasking features of Xbox One. Plus I have always enjoyed it more than my Playstation.
  8. UrBaNxInsTIncT Win User

I think I just discovered a bug on the Xbox :O

no its not a bug the xbox is just trying to multi task: opening tray and reading the disc
  9. CAMARO Xlll Win User

Your absolute favorite X1 feature....

Snap. I love multi tasking.
Thema:

1. Suggestion to Engineers for Xbox One - Multi-tasking apps/Minimizing - Similar Threads - Suggestion Engineers Multi

2. Suggesting for project-xcloud needs more criteve games for childern ages 3 to 10 also an...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting for project-xcloud needs more criteve games for childern ages 3 to 10 also an...: Hi I love the idea of project-xcloud but the lack of creative games for the kids is a big issue. Some of the games my children love to play are Minecraft, Lego city undercover, TerraTech,...
  3. Controller Suggestion

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Suggestion: Please consider adding the Nvidia Shield pro controller to be compatible with console streaming preview! submitted by /u/MegaTacoNinja [link] [comments]
  4. Diablo 4 Pre release expectation/suggestion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 4 Pre release expectation/suggestion: Hi there folks. The Diablo4 reveal at Blizzcon has garnered good attention from the fans. Now that we know its in development,what input would you like to give the dev team or in simple terms...
  5. Suggestions for Insider Program

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestions for Insider Program: Would be great if we could link our reddit accounts with our Insider accounts so we can still earn XP from posting suggestions and feedback, bugs etc. I've had to post this with the :-) flair...
  6. Sugerencia [Translate] Suggestion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sugerencia [Translate] Suggestion: Hola! Me da curiosidad saber el porque ya no se continúo con el juego de the warriors para Xbox one tal como en la xbox original, digo ese juego es muu bueno y de verdad me encantaria que...
  7. Suggestion for Hulu App and Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suggestion for Hulu App and Xbox: I recently gave up my TV provider and signed up through Hulu Plus/Live TV service. Really like the App but I'm bummed I lost the ability to tell Xbox what channel to go to by voice command. Its a...
  8. Suggestion of a game for game pass

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion of a game for game pass: I think that the game “FAR: lone sails” would be a good game pass game and I suggest that Xbox should put it there! It would be very awesome. Could you put it there please? submitted by...
  9. new backwards compatible games suggestions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    new backwards compatible games suggestions: That is a good list. There are a bunch of games on there that I would love to play again. I know a lot of companies are looking to see if there is enough interest in some games to remaster them. I...
  10. Game streaming suggestion

in XboX Insiders
    Game streaming suggestion: I have an idea. Perhaps with console streaming there can be a side by side thing, so it's just the same thing displayed on both the left and right side of a device, in order to allow for cardboard...