[Suggestion] Use Xbox App (Beta) with a controller

Discus and support [Suggestion] Use Xbox App (Beta) with a controller in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The Xbox app has been out for a few months now and Microsoft's support is magnificent and it's evolving, although unfortunately many important features... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Videatur, Nov 19, 2019.

1. /u/Videatur
    /u/Videatur Guest

The Xbox app has been out for a few months now and Microsoft's support is magnificent and it's evolving, although unfortunately many important features are missing, such as the achievements that still require the "Companion App" to see them. It would be great if in addition to using the keyboard to download and browse the games in the gamepass and in the store you could use the Xbox controller in order to have a Steam-like big picture. In this way to use the app from afar with the controller only. I hope this advice can be taken into consideration.

submitted by /u/Videatur
    [link] [comments]

/u/Videatur, Nov 19, 2019
  2. RobG88 Win User

Windows 10 preview build 10547 - Xbox streaming broken

Upgraded to Xbox App beta 9.9.21000 but still having the same issue:

Able to stream to my Xbox, but the controller is passing its input to both the Xbox and the Xbox App beta - the Xbox is controllable but the Xbox App beta is also being controlled by the controller - so pressing the B button at any time immediately terminates
    the streaming.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

Yet more problems with Xbox(beta)

Um, you are NOT paying money for the Xbox app, beta or otherwise...?

Any money you are paying, is for Xbox live gold, and/or game pass...

If you're having issues with the companion app beta, I would suggest using the stable build?
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

HOW TO UNINSTALL THE GAME (dont installed in the background😢 )

If none of the suggestions work, then try uninstalling the Xbox (beta) app, then uninstall Gears 5. After that reinstall Xbox (beta) app. That should hopefully fix the issue.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Problema Xbox Game Pass para PC, NO se puede cambiar idioma en Prey y Sunset Overdrive (y seguramente otros más)

Hello Maxy,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. The Xbox app is still in Beta form as the name suggests. For any issues not specifically mentioned in the
    Xbox beta app FAQ, please use the built-in feedback tool within the Xbox app to
    help us better understand the issue you are facing. Just click on your profile photo and select “Feedback” from the dropdown menu to open Feedback Hub. Feedback Hub enables you to provide feedback about Windows and apps by sharing your suggestions or problems.
  6. Mr ZEMM Win User

Chat history gone in Xbox-app

Anyone use Xbox app on PC?

All my chat history is gone except from the last few days of chat.

Everything is ok on Xbox app Beta, Phone app and Console.
    So how come my chat history is missing on Xbox-app on PC, but everything ok on Xbox-app Beta on PC, Phone-app, Console and Xbox Game Bar? Only Xbox-app is missing chat history. Happened after last update.

I can use Xbox-app Beta until the issue has been solved, but prefer the usual Xbox-app on PC.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
Thema:

1. [Suggestion] Use Xbox App (Beta) with a controller - Similar Threads - Suggestion App Beta

2. Suggestion: Looking for Group Support within xCloud App

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion: Looking for Group Support within xCloud App: I have been using both the normal and xCloud app to coordinate LFGs. You can see the LFGs in only the Xbox app. You can accept game and party invites in both. I think this is a missing the mark a...
  3. Suggestion for Hulu App and Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suggestion for Hulu App and Xbox: I recently gave up my TV provider and signed up through Hulu Plus/Live TV service. Really like the App but I'm bummed I lost the ability to tell Xbox what channel to go to by voice command. Its a...
  4. Xbox Console Companion app suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Companion app suggestions: Been using the app on my gaming PC. I have a few quick suggestions for it. It could use a lot of work honestly. And I don't think they should have multiple apps. I think the Gamepass app should be...
  5. Windows 10 xbox app: turn off suggested friends. See attached

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 xbox app: turn off suggested friends. See attached: Every week or so I have to minus "-" 10-20 Suggested Friends under my Friends & Clubs tab of the app. All are "Hip Clip Creator" or something having to do with your new streaming service. I...
  6. Xbox mobile app suggestion

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mobile app suggestion: Why does the xbox mobile app have to be so bad? What is going on at Microsoft, where they can not get such an app functional? Okay. Its half a rant, but more so a suggestion to actually putting...
  7. Xbox App PC (Game pass Beta) Suggestions

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App PC (Game pass Beta) Suggestions: Enjoying this new service but in my time using it I have come up with a couple suggestions to make the app better. I will add to this as I continue to find quirks. Feel free to contribute your...
  8. Xbox App Beta (Windows 10) Suggestion for achievements.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App Beta (Windows 10) Suggestion for achievements.: Actually Xbox App Beta is great for look and accessibility but miss of many main functionality as the achievements. From ever Xbox achievements are linked to old Xbox app that was been renamed in...
  9. Xbox PC app beta issues/suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC app beta issues/suggestions: The new Xbox app is a step in the right direction but there are a few issues that could make it a bit better. Rename the app as Xbox PC rather than just Xbox, it's confusing and helps brand it...
  10. Xbox One Twitch app suggestion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Twitch app suggestion: Ever streamed on Twitch from xbox ? If you did you know that you can not do much on the app. I myself, stream from xbox one to twitch and depending on what game I play I would like to have the...